Thread: Mini Mafia - Game Over: The Mafia sure whooped y'all'z butts

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

So we have a stopped lynch and a Commuter dead. I find it odd that people stacked their votes on qwerty, especially Laddy's vote, since he has few posts and not much thought behind his reasoning.

Lance, I'll have to review his posts and see if I spot any particular reason why he might be killed, but it could just be random. Not sure why his Commuter power didn't save him. Either he didn't use it or he was role blocked (though Commuter is sometimes immune from roll block).

I still haven't had anything to change my thoughts on Celes, and if the day ended in 5 minutes my vote would be on her, but it's early so let's see what the day brings.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I deliberated on Laddy during the night phase I couldn't really reach a certainty, but I think he's scum. I felt that qwerty was trying to lure out the mafia to bandwagon on him, Laddy and lom took the bait. Out of the two I find Laddy more suspicious, I'll get into why in a bit, I have to finish up something before I read back to find the specific posts I'm looking for. Celes is still on my radar, but my argument against her yesterday wasn't as strong as my dislike for Laddy's chain on qwerty.

##vote: Laddy

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    So we have a stopped lynch and a Commuter dead. I find it odd that people stacked their votes on qwerty, especially Laddy's vote, since he has few posts and not much thought behind his reasoning.

Lance, I'll have to review his posts and see if I spot any particular reason why he might be killed, but it could just be random. Not sure why his Commuter power didn't save him. Either he didn't use it or he was role blocked (though Commuter is sometimes immune from roll block).

I still haven't had anything to change my thoughts on Celes, and if the day ended in 5 minutes my vote would be on her, but it's early so let's see what the day brings.
    I don't think he got roll blocked. Personal opinion, I feel that he was the one we where waiting for and DD ended the night before he managed to use his role.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

To be honest my vote, notwithstanding my suspicions of qwerty, I would of voted for Sir Lancelot since he was the one casting most suspicion on qwerty but since I felt I just couldn't decide I didn't vote. Now that the person I thought most guilty is dead I'm honestly stumped!

I don't think Sir Lancelot was role blocked. I reckon he chose not to use his ability thinking he'd be alright having cast so much suspicion on qwerty. When I think about it this fact casts further suspicion on qwerty. I suspect since qwerty seemed to be indirectly demanding his own lynching in day 1 voting for him right now would be jumping the gun. So I want to see how this pans out a little longer!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Looking back i'ma have to go with celes. I'm too lazy atm to see who pulled the quotes out but i'm betting it was GB cause he does that. And I think del pointed it out too. BUT Yeah she seems suspicious.

Her "well this guy is suspicious but.... yeah i'll vote this other guy! no reason "

Then

"Well it was in jest and so there wouldn't be a bandwagon!" It seems like that was to cover her behind!

paraphrased of course

It was the first day and she could have been just doing it all in jest but then again it seemed like she was going ahead and calling a name out. The name of the person who died! Someone could be setting her up or she just got her kill. So i'm reserving my guilty verdict on her right now. It could be a scum tactic to both draw attention to her or away from her by using the whole... draw attention to her! Ok that even confused me xD

They can
    a)be using it to point the finger at her
    b)Be using it to point the finger at her and hope we think that's what it is so then we disregard it.
    or
    c) They just killed him to kill him. :/

I'm thinking he didn't use his power though thats why he was killed. BECAUSE for those new people theeee mafia wiki tells us.

The Commuter is a town aligned role which can commute and leave the town for the night. Therefore, the player with this role is immune to night kills any night which they have commuted.
    Usually there are restrictions on it like not being able to use it in consecutive nights. Maybe it was you can't use it on odd numbers nights? Or something like that. Or he just wasn't around to put his night action in.

Banned
    Blog Entries

In this game the Commuter cannot use his ability on consecutive nights. Just wanted to clear that up.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Lekana View Post
    It was the first day and she could have been just doing it all in jest but then again it seemed like she was going ahead and calling a name out. The name of the person who died! Someone could be setting her up or she just got her kill. So i'm reserving my guilty verdict on her right now. It could be a scum tactic to both draw attention to her or away from her by using the whole... draw attention to her! Ok that even confused me xD

They can
    b)Be using it to point the finger at her and hope we think that's what it is so then we disregard it.
    or
    I can't understand what you're saying here

Who is "they"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post

They can
    or

Who is "they"?
    "They" would be the mafia I'd assume?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post

They can
    or

Who is "they"?
    "They" would be the mafia I'd assume?
    I'd just like her to clear it up for me, I'm pronoun overloaded when I read that. xD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

my opinion is that the mafia couldn't decide on who to kill and delayed the game because the mafia always delays the end of the night phases.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Yeah the mafia xD That's who that a, b, c thing was about what the mafia would do.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

it'a about them killing sir lancealot! Gosh I need to get more coffee

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

To be honest my vote, notwithstanding my suspicions of qwerty, I would of voted for Sir Lancelot since he was the one casting most suspicion on qwerty but since I felt I just couldn't decide I didn't vote. Now that the person I thought most guilty is dead I'm honestly stumped!

I don't think Sir Lancelot was role blocked. I reckon he chose not to use his ability thinking he'd be alright having cast so much suspicion on qwerty. When I think about it this fact casts further suspicion on qwerty. I suspect since qwerty seemed to be indirectly demanding his own lynching in day 1 voting for him right now would be jumping the gun. So I want to see how this pans out a little longer!
    state your suspicions on me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post

One of the players most vocal on the possibility of you being mafia turns up dead pretty suspicious. I mean if I was mafia I'd want to kill off everyone who suspected me. But given your insistence on the town saving you I'm not 100% sure you could be mafia.

In such event your more likely to be a jester or another role that benefits from being lynched so thats why I haven't voted for you yet I need to be sure. The only way I could be sure you were mafia is if I end up dead at the beginning of day 3!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post

One of the players most vocal on the possibility of you being mafia turns up dead pretty suspicious. I mean if I was mafia I'd want to kill off everyone who suspected me. But given your insistence on the town saving you I'm not 100% sure you could be mafia.

In such event your more likely to be a jester or another role that benefits from being lynched so thats why I haven't voted for you yet I need to be sure. The only way I could be sure you were mafia is if I end up dead at the beginning of day 3!
    As town your suspicious of everyone, it's your job to be. At some point town is going to be suspicious of other town, and be vocal about that suspicion. If Del or I was killed does that mean we should lynch Celes because we where suspicious of her?

No. Town can't play like that, it lets the mafia control the lynch as well as the night kills.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Finally read through the entire thing. You guys can really talk about a lot of nonsense when you want to.

First of all: Shattered dreamer...

The only way I could be sure you were mafia is if I end up dead at the beginning of day 3!
    This is the stupidest thing you could ever have said. You do realize that if qwerty is actually a (severely rambling) towny, and the mafia killed you, you'd make the town lynch an innocent. You have to imagine the mafia is smart enough to realize that, c'mon.

Anywho, my analysis of the situation, at least on the people that posted enough for me to get a grip on.

Del is posting just enough to escape suspicion. I'm thinking power role, what side I have no idea. Still, 1 day doesn't give much of an opinion.

Qwerty is acting like an idiot, and the fact he didn't get lynched is not saying he isn't a mafia, just means someone gave him a second chance. However, my eye is on you, boy.

Freya is the most suspicious to me right now, mostly because I know the way she used to post and this isn't it. It could be that since it has been a year that she changed the way she plays, but also that she changed the way she plays because of playing a scum role, at least not a vanilla townie, that's for sure.

The rest is all chalked up to day 1 madness, at least in my eyes.