Page 51 of 58 FirstFirst ... 314145464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Mafia - Game Over: The Mafia sure whooped y'all'z butts

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The roleclaiming does indeed suck. So, let's see. We have eight remaining. Anyway, Christmas has been rather quiet as of lately. We don't know what she has been up to lately. I'll go ahead and have my vote go to her unless proven otherwise.

##Vote: Christmas

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

We're not smurfed until we're all in a damn grave. Or, until the mafia out number us. Almost the same thing. My point is none of this defeatism!

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Ugh 4:15am time for bed. Take a look at the list of people left. Figure out from the clues who is town and go from there.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well, I don't believe there is a role blocker, since Boko clearly lied about his role claim, so it's safe to say I am a townie, so everyone can scratch me off as potential mafia scum.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why would a townie claim cop? Maybe because his role is cop? Consider if I was mafia, what did I possibly have to gain by roleclaiming there other than unnecessary attention?

I wasn't roleblocked last night, I investigated Christmas, and got innocent. Haven't gotten to investigate myself because I got no result until tonight, so I had no reason to check an investigation, so I don't know how good my info is, especially with the existence of another Cop. Jiro, Jess, and Blue are basically confirmed, leaving Timekeeper, Christmas, Del Murder, Del, Dreamer, and myself. I don't think Dreamer is mafia, nor would I lynch myself, nor would I lynch Christmas as I want to investigate myself to see what kind of result I get (Innocent could render my Naive making my role a distraction, if I come up Guilty, my investigation on Christmas makes her mafia). Leaving Del, and Timekeeper.

##vote: Del Murder

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hm, continuing to think about this, Christmas might be a better vote for me, if she comes up guilty as I do believe she will, I know to investigate myself, and the outcome of that investigation will confirm exactly what I am, insane or naive.

Also, stating this now in case ya'll do lynch me. I believe the mafia is Del Murder, Christmas, and Timekeeper. With that they'll be able to win tomorrow if I'm lynched and they get their night kill off.

To the roleblocker: I believe we have a roleblocker as I wasn't roleblocked last night (a prostitute would've continued to roleblock me and I can't think of anything else that would get me a non-result) and I think I know who you are. If I get lynched, it'll be up to you to stop the kill and make the game continue. You should have a 33% chance if the town lynches me

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Well it looks like I missed a lot. Blame it on unlucky timing of the day/night phases of the game. The times when I am online the most have coincided with night phase of the game. I am in fact at work right now and not much time to post.

Also blame yourselves for speed lynching yesterday before I could get a chance to say anything. :stick:

We had two cop role claims and one of them was confirmed. So what does that make Gobo? A second cop? It doesn't add up, but one thing bugs me. Jiro you ask some good questions but you forgot one. That question is: Why would Gobo claim cop if he was mafia? At the end of Day 3 my suspicions on him were high. He mentioned the Del Murder suck up argument early on, and then proceeded to agree with most everything I said. We even voted the same. He also said some peculiur things that I hope to get a chance to quote later. But this cop claim doesn't fit in.

We might be dealing with the silent noob mafia, that is, some combination of Christmas, Proto, SD, and Timekeeper. I want to hear from all of them before this day is over. I don't know why you guys automatically believe Proto is bulletproof. There was a game where the mafia godfather was day kill immune. It was the one where Psychotic was day vigilante I think. I remember it because Miriel tried to shoot Jojo and was so sad when it didn't go off.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    We had two cop role claims and one of them was confirmed. So what does that make Gobo? A second cop? It doesn't add up,
    Multiple cops in a game isn't rare, multiple SANE COPS are. Freya was clearly sane, so my guess is there's something wrong with me (lol).

but one thing bugs me. Jiro you ask some good questions but you forgot one. That question is: Why would Gobo claim cop if he was mafia? At the end of Day 3 my suspicions on him were high. He mentioned the Del Murder suck up argument early on, and then proceeded to agree with most everything I said. We even voted the same. He also said some peculiur things that I hope to get a chance to quote later. But this cop claim doesn't fit in.
    The "suck up to Del" was a weak Day One argument, I wouldn't lynch someone just for that on Day 5. Only thing I can chalk it up to is coincidence.

We might be dealing with the silent noob mafia, that is, some combination of Christmas, Proto, SD, and Timekeeper. I want to hear from all of them before this day is over. I don't know why you guys automatically believe Proto is bulletproof. There was a game where the mafia godfather was day kill immune. It was the one where Psychotic was day vigilante I think. I remember it because Miriel tried to shoot Jojo and was so sad when it didn't go off.
    Because a bulletproof godfather doesn't make sense in this game. So far there's only been one bullet death other than mafia deaths and that was lom's. It wouldn't make sense to have a role that only has a 4/15 chance of doing something useful, but actually have a 1/5 chance because one of the few kills that would be useful for the town would be blocked? A game with a vigilante or SK I'd understand, but a Vengeful Townie who can only take 1 shot in the dark?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

This is a small game. Two working cops? Extremely unlikely. I think maybe you're scum and just thought Naive Cop would be a safe claim.

##Vote: Goldenboko

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that, if you are a cop, you are either naiive or insane. Also for the cop claim to even make sense, there needs to be a role blocker, who has yet to come forward.

I'm not saying it's most likely that Proto is a mafia godfather, I just think it's weird that so many people automatically cleared him as bulletproof, and say things like godfathers aren't day kill immune, when in the past this has not been true.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I am going to withold my vote for when I have more time to get a clear read on things and go into more detail, which will be in the evening.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    This is a small game. Two working cops? Extremely unlikely. I think maybe you're scum and just thought Naive Cop would be a safe claim.

##Vote: Goldenboko
    Oh yes, because saying I was roleblocked THREE TIMES is a safe claim.

I agree that, if you are a cop, you are either naiive or insane. Also for the cop claim to even make sense, there needs to be a role blocker, who has yet to come forward.
    And I'm not going to ask him/her to come forward unless the day's about to end and I'm going to be lynched as that will make a town loss very likely. Who would want to make a roleblocker a target for a probable naive cop?

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Silent noob mafia? I like the way you think Del Murder!

I sort of agree with Blues Agent about Christmas but the more I think the more I'm beginning to doubt my own theory!

My money right now is on either Boko, Del Murder or Timekeeper. Boko's role claim is probably false because as Jessweeee pointed out 2 cops in a game this size unlikely.

Del Murder & Timekeeper I suspect for similar reasons. Their active patterns in the game are rather erratic. They seem to show up with just enough time to check up on how the game is going. If they are mafia this would give them just enough time to decide who to night kill.

I reckon I'll wait a while longer until I'm sure before voting

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying it's most likely that Proto is a mafia godfather, I just think it's weird that so many people automatically cleared him as bulletproof, and say things like godfathers aren't day kill immune, when in the past this has not been true.
    In the past is the operating phrase here. Any of us new to the game well at least this is definitely true of myself, are only aware of the basic rules of Mafia. Therefore viewing our views or actions in terms of previous games of Mafia here in EoFF is kinda pointless.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You too SD? I give up, I really got smurfed with roles this game. Not that my rage made it any better.

##unvote: Del Murder

I have to reserve my vote at the moment. Process of elimination doesn't seem like the right way for me to go when it's so likely I need to use it to save my tail-feathers (when it comes down to it, I know I'm innocent and I know that a lynch of anyone else is more helpful with the town backed up against the wall).