Page 16 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6101112131415161718192021222636 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini Mafia - Game Over: The Mafia sure whooped y'all'z butts

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Or the fact I don't have to hide who I am!

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also, Boko is always mafia.. always. I'd even prefer to lynch him over inactives, merely because in my playdays the procentual chance that he was a mafia was I believe over 80%. Still, no reason to vote, but something to keep in mind.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered Dreamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    To be honest my vote, notwithstanding my suspicions of qwerty, I would of voted for Sir Lancelot since he was the one casting most suspicion on qwerty but since I felt I just couldn't decide I didn't vote. Now that the person I thought most guilty is dead I'm honestly stumped!

I don't think Sir Lancelot was role blocked. I reckon he chose not to use his ability thinking he'd be alright having cast so much suspicion on qwerty. When I think about it this fact casts further suspicion on qwerty. I suspect since qwerty seemed to be indirectly demanding his own lynching in day 1 voting for him right now would be jumping the gun. So I want to see how this pans out a little longer!
    state your suspicions on me.
    One of the players most vocal on the possibility of you being mafia turns up dead pretty suspicious. I mean if I was mafia I'd want to kill off everyone who suspected me. But given your insistence on the town saving you I'm not 100% sure you could be mafia.

In such event your more likely to be a jester or another role that benefits from being lynched so thats why I haven't voted for you yet I need to be sure. The only way I could be sure you were mafia is if I end up dead at the beginning of day 3!
    As town your suspicious of everyone, it's your job to be. At some point town is going to be suspicious of other town, and be vocal about that suspicion. If Del or I was killed does that mean we should lynch Celes because we where suspicious of her?

No. Town can't play like that, it lets the mafia control the lynch as well as the night kills.
    If you or Del turned up dead on Day 3 I wouldn't suspect Celes of being mafia on that basis. Both Lancelot & were both quite vocal on the possibility of qwerty being mafia in Day 1 (although I didn't vote as I couldn't decide weather or not Lancelot was a mafia trying to incite a fake witch hunt on the basis of qwerty's randomly imposed status as a suspect by Jesse when the game began).

So if I or the 3 people who actually voted against qwerty turn up dead day 3 you can't say that isn't suspicious? You or Del dying wouldn't be as suspicious since only 2 people suspected Celes but 4 suspected qwerty. Although given qwerty's erratic behavior Day 1 I just can't say for sure qwerty is indeed scum.

I can't say I see Laddy as suspicious he isn't acting out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.

I'm so confused

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Also, Boko is always mafia.. always. I'd even prefer to lynch him over inactives, merely because in my playdays the procentual chance that he was a mafia was I believe over 80%. Still, no reason to vote, but something to keep in mind.
    *head desk* It's closer to 50% tbh.

Anyway, I'm addressing this qwerty situation. Debate over, "He can't be mafia because he was willing to be lynched." or "He could be mafia trying to fool us with that argument because he had a power to stop the lynch." has to stop, before it even begins! We aren't going to learn anything from that as there is no way to know the correct answer, we're better off looking at the details of real arguments.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

2 of the people who voted me voted not because they thought I was mafia though, but because they thought I was a Jester. That's something odd in itself, do you agree or not?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboco View Post
    To be honest my vote, notwithstanding my suspicions of qwerty, I would of voted for Sir Lancelot since he was the one casting most suspicion on qwerty but since I felt I just couldn't decide I didn't vote. Now that the person I thought most guilty is dead I'm honestly stumped!

I don't think Sir Lancelot was role blocked. I reckon he chose not to use his ability thinking he'd be alright having cast so much suspicion on qwerty. When I think about it this fact casts further suspicion on qwerty. I suspect since qwerty seemed to be indirectly demanding his own lynching in day 1 voting for him right now would be jumping the gun. So I want to see how this pans out a little longer!
    state your suspicions on me.
    One of the players most vocal on the possibility of you being mafia turns up dead pretty suspicious. I mean if I was mafia I'd want to kill off everyone who suspected me. But given your insistence on the town saving you I'm not 100% sure you could be mafia.

In such event your more likely to be a jester or another role that benefits from being lynched so thats why I haven't voted for you yet I need to be sure. The only way I could be sure you were mafia is if I end up dead at the beginning of day 3!
    As town your suspicious of everyone, it's your job to be. At some point town is going to be suspicious of other town, and be vocal about that suspicion. If Del or I was killed does that mean we should lynch Celes because we where suspicious of her?

No. Town can't play like that, it lets the mafia control the lynch as well as the night kills.
    If you or Del turned up dead on Day 3 I wouldn't suspect Celes of being mafia on that basis. Both Lancelot & were both quite vocal on the possibility of qwerty being mafia in Day 1 (although I didn't vote as I couldn't decide weather or not Lancelot was a mafia trying to incite a fake witch hunt on the basis of qwerty's randomly imposed status as a suspect by Jesse when the game began).

So if I or the 3 people who actually voted against qwerty turn up dead day 3 you can't say that isn't suspicious? You or Del dying wouldn't be as suspicious since only 2 people suspected Celes but 4 suspected qwerty. Although given qwerty's erratic behavior Day 1 I just can't say for sure qwerty is indeed scum.

I can't say I see Laddy as suspicious he isn't acting out of the ordinary as far as I can tell.

I'm so confused
    I play as mafia at least half the time I'm shoved in this game, killing people who suspect me was my initial reaction. As I got better it became much more fruitful using people who use arguments like yours against the town killing people who suspected other town.

Post on Laddy coming up.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Also keep this in mind, the Mafia work as a team. If we (the town) get one, then miss three, then we (the town) still lose the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I said I'd explain my vote on Laddy when I wasn't busy. Not busy now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    Alright. Read over the thread. For now I will refrain from posting so I don't pick sides too soon.
    The day was almost over. Refraining from posting thoughts does not help town. Stalling is a basic mafioso technique to limit the amount of times you can slip up.

##Vote: Qwertysaur

I'm voting for qwerty, I will know I will risk him winning for being the Jester, but his attitude and style of play is severely distracting the others from intelligent discussion.
    He then procedes to vote for qwerty using recycled ideas.

Give me a very good reason to not vote for you.

You aren't dumb, qwerty. You aren't.
    Bolded section is a big logical fallacy used by mafia to justify a vote. Can anyone here PROVE they aren't mafia? Didn't think so.

This behavior is unlike you, I suspect something else is up.
    Last thing, not really a reason to vote for Laddy but a clearification. qwerty's day one antics are exactly like him, he loves his little plots and "traps".

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I do, they are my babies and they also love killing scum with the occasional sacrifice to

Blog Entries

I do realize Aerith Knight what I said could cause the mafia to kill me to get qwerty lynched since the governor can't save him twice but if the town was smart wouldn't that make me worth protecting to prevent qwerty's lynch? Wow now I'm being suspicious I know who I'm voting for now

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I do realize Aerith Knight what I said could cause the mafia to kill me to get qwerty lynched since the governor can't save him twice but if the town was smart wouldn't that make me worth protecting to prevent qwerty's lynch? Wow now I'm being suspicious I know who I'm voting for now
    then vote

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I do, they are my babies and they also love killing scum with the occasional sacrifice to
    they refers to the traps I have been setting since we started the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Are you serious? Dude, don't vie for the doctor's protection. Doctor protects power roles. End of story. In your hypothetical scenerio If the town was smart and you ended up dead, they'd immediately realize the kill can't be used as evidence because of your previous post.

Blog Entries

then vote
    Well if I don't vote then my vote is counted against me so thats who I'm voting for me for possibly making myself the mafia's next target

Given that day 2's start was delayed by people not using their night actions perhaps someone keeping a low profile is scum. I know they say innocent until proven guilty but someone who has given no reason to be suspect would make a perfect suspect no?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

then vote
    Well if I don't vote then my vote is counted against me so thats who I'm voting for me for possibly making myself the mafia's next target

Given that day 2's start was delayed by people not using their night actions perhaps someone keeping a low profile is scum. I know they say innocent until proven guilty but someone who has given no reason to be suspect would make a perfect suspect no?
    I have no idea what you mean, please explain further. I read that you are not voting and we should target someone random for no reason. Or that you want to do what I did yesterday and try to get lynched.