Thread: Looking for "Main Theme" orchestra sheets

Default Looking for "Main Theme" orchestra sheets

Hello everyone,

As the topic title says, I'm looking for the sheets/musical notation for the Final Fantasy Main Theme song, preferably for a smaller orchestra. The reason I'm asking is because the Faculty of Science at my university will be holding a graduation ceremony this spring, and I'm the one who'll be in charge of the programme for that day. There will be a small orchestra playing, and they probably have a standard list of songs to play at events like these, but I'm thinking that I might be able to sneak in the Main Theme as the song that ends the ceremony. It would probably be really appreciated by the FF fans (there are quite a lot of those at this faculty, including me), but the faculty dean and everyone else won't notice.

So, does anyone know where I can find the orchestra sheets for the Main Theme? Thanks.

Sheesh, I've really tried HARD to find something, but there's like nothing in the internet to find.
    All I could find was this: Final Fantasy - SquareSound Fan Arrangement Archive

This is only for Cello, but it's pretty much the main melody which of you guys could arrange some kind of orchestra version. Hope this helps at least a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ine View Post
    Sheesh, I've really tried HARD to find something, but there's like nothing in the internet to find.
    All I could find was this: Final Fantasy - SquareSound Fan Arrangement Archive

This is only for Cello, but it's pretty much the main melody which of you guys could arrange some kind of orchestra version. Hope this helps at least a bit.
    Thanks. Yeah, me too. I guess I could try to contact the Stockholm Royal Philharmonic Orchestra and ask for the sheets they used when playing the Main Theme at Distant Worlds in 2007. They might be kinda secret about it, though...

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

nobuouematsu.com is also a handy source for FF sheet music. It mightn't have everything you're looking for, but it's a good start.