Thread: Seifer > Malfoy but Voldemort > Ultimecia

Default Seifer > Malfoy but Voldemort > Ultimecia

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...er-malfoy.html

So was reading that topic and it just doesn't fit. As a long time HP reader and also an analyst of Siefer's character, I felt obligated to comment on this.

1. Malfoy is a spoiled brat. He has a rich father with connections to the head of the country Though his father scolds him on occasion, Draco comments on how he can get "bully" his father into getting what he wants. This is proven when Malfoy actually only gets on the Quiddich team by having his dad buy teh whole team the best and latest brooms.

Seifer never had any rich parents to help him. He had actual talentand the only thign that held him back was his reckless nature. He was his own worst enemy in he had the tools to succeed but his zeal to succeed cost him.

Malfoy was an arrogant punk as well. Seifer was conceited too but never to the extent he literally had victory fluttering next to him and yet failed to grasp it.

Malfoy's character development is also laughable...just like Ultimecia's but I'll get to that later. We go through five books where Malfoy smirks while his father is off torturing people. He, Draco, also was using his stupidity to try and make a man lose his job and have an innocent animal executed.

But ZOMG!!!! He no wants to kill Dumbledore! Now he's ajust a scare dkid! Well boo-frickity-hoo! It sure is lucky you didn't kill two innocent people! I understand you Draco. You're not a bad person at all!

Draco also was never a real rival to Harry. In fact, there's nothing to note Draco was even on Harry's level when it came to dueling skills. They dueled once in the second book when they were both sitll total n00bs. They had a sort-of duel in Book 6 but of course Draco was busy crying *Oh I feel so sorry for him) and Harry was stunned by that fact so it didn't even really count.
    Harry got an O in Defense Against the Dark Arts and his knowledge of spells easily outstrips anything we've seen from Draco.

On the other hand Squall and Seifer have been getting in fights for years as Quistis notes. Their opening fight has them basically about equal in terms of ability. As the game progresses Squall only dares to fight Seifer when he has two people backing him up. And Seifer of course actually kills a god... a bit more impressive than a spell to make your legs jerk around.

Now onto Voldemort and Ultimecia.

Ultimecia is really the worst FF villain I've ever seen.S he has no physical presence in the game at all until the very end. Her motives are NEVER outright said and can only be guessed at. The best you can give her is she's scared of being killed by the SeeDs. Ho gee, how could you avoid that? How about staying in your own time where you're the ruler supreme of the planet? No no, that be intelligent and Ultimecia is anything but.

So she tries to destroy everything by compressing time... As the SpoonyOne says, what's the point? You're killing everyone who's already dead?

Voldemort feared death too and he also had a destined hero who was going to kill him. But he, unlike Ulty, is smart.

1. He makes himself immortal. Nothing in the world can kill him no matter if they stab him or curse him or shoot him.
    2. He goes after his would-be killer while said killer is a baby. Now this backfires but it still makes more sense than opening up a rift in time to give your killer access to you so he can...kill you.

And that's why Seifer is better than Draco and why Ultimecia is a terrible villain.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 12-09-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Do you have a chart or pie graph to show just how much WHO > WHO?

No but I'm sure i can make one. Let me just figure out how.

Nope.

But Cid = Harry at age 47
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think the Seifer = Malfoy speech mostly comes from the fact that both characters start their respective stories with the possibility of moving on to be bigger and better things and both end up becoming minor characters in the end. Both are under utilized, and both have pretty unsatifactory development and endings.

Seifer was a waste of a good character who could have been a real force in the plot and gets relegated to mindless flunky; Malfoy is a whiny, spoiled brat, but he was also being geared up for bigger things that never came to pass. Basically, the analogy comes from this and less of them being similar characters, that original thread was mostly silly spam than an actual true character analysis.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I think i made one about Draco and Malfoy a way back. I was just comparing their differences though, with them both being blond and having a brunette rival who has a scar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Seifer was a waste of a good character who could have been a real force in the plot and gets relegated to mindless flunky;
    FF8 seems to have that problem in general. So many potential good characters got shafted. It became the Squall and Rinoa Game feat. Sorceress from Da Future.