Robert Steinhäuser

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Paranormal Activity - Alternate Ending Video

Not as good as the movie ending!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Default Now taking bets on context

I only keep the ones you actually sent me, though!

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Kate Nash "Foundations" video

my favorite on youtube said I couldn't watch mine anymore so I had to look it up again :/

Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend

I think I was bothering my friend with random music videos again.

Tôi đói.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

4. Let A =
    [x^2 x^3 x^7
    x x^2 x
    x^5 x x^2]
    A.
    [5] (a) For what values of x does A have an inverse?
    [5] (b) For the values of x found in part (a), find the inverse of A.

edit: If anyone has an answer for me thatd be appreciated ;D

Blog Entries

When did I copy "9"?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Let M be a smooth manifold. A smooth singular k-simplex of M is a smooth map from the standard simplex in Rk to M. The free abelian group, Sk, generated by singular k-simplices is said to consist of singular k-chains of M. These groups, together with boundary map, ∂, define a chain complex. The corresponding homology (resp. cohomology) is called the smooth singular homology (resp. cohomology) of M.

what a buzzkill, i was hoping it'd be about lollipops, or perhaps snowflakes

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

According to Chassidic teachings, there is no such thing as coincidence, and everything one sees or hears is a lesson that can be applied to one's life and behavior.

This is true even to the extent that in every technological innovation one can find lessons that help one understand life better – how it works, and how to better take advantage of it.

Allow me to share an example.

One can copy thousands of pages in seconds with just six clicks of the keyboardA very useful tool that makes life much easier are "Windows" shortcuts. "Control C" allows you to copy texts, "Control V" allows you to insert copied texts, etc. These tools introduced the "Copy and Paste" option, which means, in other words, the capacity to transfer words and ideas from one place to another without having to transcribe them. All you need to do is to press "Control C" in order to copy the text and then "Control V" to insert it wherever you feel it belongs...

What does this teach us?

A few things.

First of all, it pays to learn how things work, because that way you save lots of time. Someone who doesn't know how to copy and paste would have to type each letter of the desired text. By knowing the shortcuts, one can copy thousands of pages in seconds with just six clicks of the keyboard (Ctrl A, Ctrl C, Ctrl V).

The same is true in one's personal life. There are many people who spend much time trying to reinvent the wheel. If they were to take the time to read the "Users Guide," they would not have to waste time trying to discover what has already been discovered. They would be able to dedicate their time to build upon that which has already been built. For a Jew, the Torah is the Users Guide, and it pays to acquaint oneself with it in order to have a more productive and efficient life.

Another idea:

One of the most useful Windows short cuts is "Control Z." By pressing it, one can undo his last actions. Did you write or erase too much? No problem. Just type "Control Z" and you will return to where you were before your mistake. (And if you "corrected" yourself by mistake, don't worry... just type "Control Y" and you will undo your "correction"!)

This is an important lesson regarding repentance. Many understand repentance, Teshuvah, as a radical change in one's behavior or an importation of something foreign, to "Copy and Paste." Instead of leading a "normal" life, they incorporate seemingly strange behaviors such as kosher, Shabbat, tefillin, Torah study. To some people, these changes their loved ones have incorporated into their lives are threatening and create resistance.

The true idea of repentance does not imply change as much as it implies return. To return to what one really is. It is not just "Copy and Paste." Rather, it is "Control Z" – undoing mistakes, and returning to an original state of being.

The U. S. Secret Service intensely studied each of the 37 non-gang and non-drug-related school shootings and stabbings that were considered “targeted attacks” that took place nationally from 1974 through 2000. (Note how few premeditated school shootings there actually were during that 27-year time period, compared with the public perception of those shootings as relatively common events!) The incidents studied included the most notorious school shootings, such as Columbine, Santee and Paducah, in which the young perpetrators had been linked in the press to violent video games. The Secret Service found that that there was no accurate profile. Only 1 in 8 school shooters showed any interest in violent video games; only 1 in 4 liked violent movies.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Roswellrods.com

W...what? What the smurf? I didn’t even know such a website existed, let alone... whatever it’s trying to promote