Thread: Music festivals

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Default Music festivals

Is anyone going to any music festivals in 2010?! or went to any in 2009?
    I've never been to one before so I may be needing some tips and advice as to how to cope with sleeping in a tent for 5 nights and not being able to shower!

I've already bought my ticket for Leeds festival and I was very much hyped up about going to Download festival as it would be much more my scene, but it clashed with my exams. I was up for doing it, I'd be home on the Monday, sleep and sit my English Literature A2 exam on the Tuesday! However, Im now going to Sonisphere instead It sounds even better, with Iron Maiden and Ramstein confirmed as headliners!

Is anyone else going to these?

I went to two music festivals in 2009, and am going to at least another three in 2010.

I went to the Texas Scottish Festival and Highland Games in June, and the Woody Guthrie Free Folk Festival in July. Both were quite fun. I didn't camp out at either one - one, because the TSCHG was in my hometown, and the second because I was dumb.
    Both were amazing, though.

I'm going to those two again this year, and I'm also throwing in the Kerrville Folk Festival at the end of May, one of the best in the country.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Was almost away to T in the Park this year, but I had already made plans with the boy, so couldn't. Maybe next year!

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Im hopefully going to either Leeds or Download, but I may not do.
    Depends if the lineup is as dire as the Leeds one was last year.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Im hopefully going to either Leeds or Download, but I may not do.
    Depends if the lineup is as dire as the Leeds one was last year.
    Well I may or may not see you there!

I've attended the Roskilde Festival for 4 years in a row now, and I'm going next year too. It's great fun - lots of drinking, happy and interesting people, great music and you get to be disgusting and all trashy.
    Roskilde is undoubtedly a significant highlight for me each year, and going to music festivals just opened up this door into an entire new world. Everybody needs to attend one at least once in their life.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

EoFF Leeds Meetup needed! xD
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Not been to any festivals for a little while, last one was Download in 2006 ( i think). I will have a look at the line-up for next years and decide then.

As for tips, all i take is my little tent, a hell of a lot of beer, cash, toothbrush and some toilet roll! That's all you need in my opinion, especially as it means it doesnt matter if your tent gets burgled. I wouldnt worry too much about showering as quite frankly the facilities are normally pretty rank and everyone else stinks so no-one else is gonna mind.
    'All things are subject to interpretation; whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.' - Nietzsche

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm not sure if we are because money is tight right now, but we're looking to go to Lightning in a Bottle, especially since it's so close to home this year. And ideally Burning Man, but that's a week long event and we just cant afford it.

Maybe Coachella, depending on the line up, but in my opinion it's been pretty disappointing these past few years.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I was at two this year. One was a traditional music festival held in my town fortunately, while the other was the Summer session of Planet Love, or in other-words, a massive Ecstasy party. Although I didn't take anything (I stuck to my good 'ol Buckfast for a buzz), the DJ's were still spot on.

This summer I'll be attending the Fleadh Ceoil & Oxygen. One is, again a trad music festival, the other with various artists. Can't wait for Oxygen, that will be one M.A.D weekend boy.

Str8 Pimpin'

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I went to Bonnaroo in 2006, Radiohead headlined, it was ridiculously awesome. I really want to go to Coachella some time but I don't know if I will be available to go this year.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

The Woodford Folk Festival is smurfing fantastic. I'm trying to get tickets again this year. There is so much stuff to do, it's incredible. They set up like a goddamn shanty town in the middle of these paddocks.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.