Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighting Games

Personally, i find SFIV to be more SF3-ish than SF2. Two button command throws, no damage techs, slower pace of the game, ex moves, and focus attacks... Definitely feels more SF3 to me.

The only thing that they kept in some shape or form thats SF2 is the zoning aspect, which matters 10x more in SF2 than it ever does in SFIV.

In SF2 things were much more fast paced. Throws only got softened which promoted offense...theres rarely any chip damage in SFIV compared to SF2, which makes it more turtly, and theres no guard bar making block strings matter alot less. Not to mention more risky because of the 10 frame gap for reversals (like a shoryuken) if you mess up a link instead of 1-2 frame for them in SF2... I swear at the arcade, while i was doing blockstrings, the other guy is just MASHING visibly for a shoryuken(since you can just tap diagonal forward twice in SFIV to come out)...and crap like that works in this game whereas that would never fly in the others.

So while its marketed as staying true to SF2's formula, i think its just an attempt to grab the older audience that grew up playing it in addition to using pretty-looking Ultras as marketing bait. The real gameplay to me is vastly different and more defensive in nature compared to SF2.

And play Abel, guy has bad defense but is an offensive recking machine!!...and i play him lol

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

SF3 felt faster paced to me, and focus attacks were new to SF so how is SF4 more like 3 than 2? Not to mention its just a giant campfest sometimes which is dull =/

To me a Focus Attack is like a Parry with commitments into them. You can avoid an attack, but with higher risk than a parry if you understand me. SF2 had no such system, positioning was all you had to determine whether you ate something or not.

Campfest is what i meant by the lack of chip damage/guard bars, and huge reversal timings...especially those with uppercuts that lead to Ultra. Am totally not going to eat an ultra because my blockstrings dont have enough blockstun and they mashed an Uppercut, and cancel into an Ultra...

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I like to spam the ranged projectile attacks that the characters have. They are not allowed to get near me or I will scream molest.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

i want guilty gear strive to go on a big sale but i guess i have to wait until all the season are done to get all the characters

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been out of the scene forever. Probably haven't played one since the JoJo game on PS3. Should pick up Guilty Gear and Street Fighter V and see what's going on.