Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plot Holes, Goofs and Other Discrepancies

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    What article are you writing?

And it looked like that bullet would hit her to me.
    It will take sometime, but it is an article on the orphanage scene, as I feel it is given more hate than it deserves, and my article will focus on why it works and had a lot more forshadowing than it seamed.

I understand why you'd think that as it is pretty fast, I may have interpetted it, but for now I don't don't think so (I will double check).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Irvine is seen to shoot Sorceress Edea from front-on during the parade sequence, however moments later, when Squall drives up to her float, the float is facing directly away from their shooting position. Besides the obvious change of direction in the way the float is facing, the backing of Edea's throne would have made shooting her from that angle impossible.
    If this was IMDB, I'd place that in the "Incorrectly Regarded as a Goof" section.

I noticed this long before I read this, and was going to include it in my article (and still will). It's not a goof, it is done deleberatly - it's more forshadowing to the orphnage scene. Think about it, Irvine knows who Edea is. His line about "not wanting to go down in history" is an excuse, but when Squall talks him out of it, he has no choice, so he is forced to shoot, but he aims away from the target - which doesn't matter because Edea casts protect anway.
    I dont understand your reasoning, it doesnt explain the fact that there would be a giant throne blocking his shot

YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - Sorceress Edea's Parade
    YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - 9 Boss Seifer & Edea

He would have had to have had throne piercing bullets and x-ray vision or extreme luck to make that shot.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    Irvine is seen to shoot Sorceress Edea from front-on during the parade sequence, however moments later, when Squall drives up to her float, the float is facing directly away from their shooting position. Besides the obvious change of direction in the way the float is facing, the backing of Edea's throne would have made shooting her from that angle impossible.
    If this was IMDB, I'd place that in the "Incorrectly Regarded as a Goof" section.

I noticed this long before I read this, and was going to include it in my article (and still will). It's not a goof, it is done deleberatly - it's more forshadowing to the orphnage scene. Think about it, Irvine knows who Edea is. His line about "not wanting to go down in history" is an excuse, but when Squall talks him out of it, he has no choice, so he is forced to shoot, but he aims away from the target - which doesn't matter because Edea casts protect anway.
    I dont understand your reasoning, it doesnt explain the fact that there would be a giant throne blocking his shot

YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - Sorceress Edea's Parade
    YouTube - Final Fantasy VIII - 9 Boss Seifer & Edea

He would have had to have had throne piercing bullets and x-ray vision or extreme luck to make that shot.
    I second this. I believe you have read that wrong or you don't quite understand what the paragraph is trying to point out.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I re-read it, and yes. i did missinterperet it. I didn't realize that it was more based on the angel of the float and throne which would a slight (if irrelovent) plothole.

I thought that it meant Irvine's actual aiming - which wouldn't have hit Edea either way. Sorry for the confusion.