Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: This game is so overrated.

Alright, everyone lets step back, take a couple breaths, and repeat five times, "their just video games".

the_sandman, Sephiroth did manipulate people, certainly not on the scale as Kuja, but he did. As for Sephiroth going around doing stuff himself; he's encased in a mako crystal thingy the entire game, the party really interacts with pieces of Jenova that Sephiroth forces to take his image and do his bidding.

So I'm not misunderstood, I'm not claiming any villian is better than the other. Its all a matter of opinion so I say to you my Final Fantasy brothers and sisters to lay done your anger. Lay down your hate and take a hit of this peace pipe in the name of love.

*begins to abuse an illegal narcotic in the corner of the room just as the police are taking the door down*.
    Last edited by the AJman; 12-17-2009 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the AJman View Post
    Alright, everyone lets step back, take a couple breaths, and repeat five times, "their just video games".

the_sandman, Sephiroth did manipulate people, certainly not on the scale as Kuja, but he did. As for Sephiroth going around doing stuff himself; he's encased in a mako crystal thingy the entire, the party really interacts with pieces of Jenova that Sephiroth forces to take his image and do his bidding.

So I'm not misunderstood, I'm not claiming any villian is better than the othe. Its all a matter of opinion so I say to you my Final Fantasy brothers and sisters to lay done your anger. Lay down your hate and take a hit of this peace pipe in the name of love.

*begins to abuse an illegal narcotic in the corner of the room just as the police as taking the door down*.
    no. smurf that. get this argument poppin.

Don't evade the swear filter, the_sandman. -Rantzien

Quote Originally Posted by the_sandman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the AJman View Post

the_sandman, Sephiroth did manipulate people, certainly not on the scale as Kuja, but he did. As for Sephiroth going around doing stuff himself; he's encased in a mako crystal thingy the entire, the party really interacts with pieces of Jenova that Sephiroth forces to take his image and do his bidding.

So I'm not misunderstood, I'm not claiming any villian is better than the othe. Its all a matter of opinion so I say to you my Final Fantasy brothers and sisters to lay done your anger. Lay down your hate and take a hit of this peace pipe in the name of love.

*begins to abuse an illegal narcotic in the corner of the room just as the police as taking the door down*.
    no. smurf that. get this argument poppin.
    Well for a start, it's a debate. And second, there's no point. When someone comes up with a good point that counters yours, you just say "I'm just kidding, don't take it literally". Either join in and counter those posts with your own, or don't bother posting.

Well for a start, it's a debate. And second, there's no point. When someone comes up with a good point that counters yours, you just say "I'm just kidding, don't take it literally". Either join in and counter those posts with your own, or don't bother posting.
    I want you to read his post.

You are just pissed because you said(in more than a single post) that he accomplished nothing, and I proved you wrong.
    Well, deal with it.
    He said he proved me wrong because I said Seph accomplished nothing and he showed me proof that he did in fact accomplish things. Isn't what I said to this basically a counter to this? I mean, yes I said Sephiroth accomplished nothing, but I was exaggerating. If you wanted me to break it down for you then fine. Sephiroth accomplished little compared to Kuja. But you know what? I'm just going to exaggerate and use sarcasm everywhere now, and you guys are going to take it so seriously too.

Sephiroth, maannn, this guy...definately not overrated. Man, we need to showcase this guy more because obviously, he's not being showcased enough. We need to put this guy on Kingdom Hearts III and make him like...the most powerful guy in the game because we so didn't do that enough in I and II.

I'm just going to exaggerate and use sarcasm everywhere now, and you guys are going to take it so seriously too.
    Why would you do that, because you got proved wrong?

It's easy to say you were exaggerating now that he put forward good points and ousted yours.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

i'd rather play ffx-2 than ffvii

and i despise x-2

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crop View Post
    I'm just going to exaggerate and use sarcasm everywhere now, and you guys are going to take it so seriously too.
    Why would you do that, because you got proved wrong?

It's easy to say you were exaggerating now that he put forward good points and ousted yours.
    You're right, man. I was so serious when I wrote this.

Compared to Kuja's accomplishments...trust me, Sephiroth accomplished nothing. Maybe Sephiroth should go destroy a planet or something. Then he can compete.
    I mean, I sounded so serious there huh? Lol, Sephiroth is amazing guys. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to call him overrated when clearly...he isn't. Sephiroth is badass. Trenchcoat and everything. Nothing is better than this guy. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's just that Kuja is just more intimidating.
    You're right. Cross dressers are intimidating.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Quoted for truth.

Default I find that odd...

I don't consider one game having anything to do with another, if you exclude the mythical links the game designers claim exist...
    A-Bhed Shinra in FFX-2 for example supposedly being linked to FFVII. And similar claims.

Of course you had certain design teams led by certain people, Sakguichi, Toriyama, Matsuno, etc etc doing certain FF games. Now with some of those people gone from Square you wonder if the current team will have a monopoly on future games and if there will be less diversity/less style changes in future FFs.

I can like a FF game better than another.But the cause is whether than game appeals to my individual taste and not something nebulous and prejudicial.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Wow. I thought I was supposed to be the immature one here. I wish I can be immature and get away with it.

The true isn't immature, crossdressers don't scare people.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought I was supposed to be the immature one here.
    Don't worry, you still are.

Your argument is that VII is too hyped up. It seems like you're trying to take that hype and give it to IX. If you want to prove to me that VII is too hyped up, which you really don't need to but for arguments sake, reference other games in the series, not just one. You're playing favoritism while arguing with people for playing favoritism.
    Last edited by G13; 12-17-2009 at 11:39 PM.

How about each of you play the games you like and enjoy for what it is?
    This is like the next gen consoles discussion.