Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Signed up.

Haha, watch 50 beta signups all claim they run EoFF. xD

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

I didn't say I owned eoff. That would be silly.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Tried to sign up but it says my account on the Squenix site doesn't exist...

Have you made an account?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I signed up, but I will be in need of a big computer upgrade if I am selected to participate. I totally lied on those PC specs.

Default I was truthful

mostly.

I might not get selected. Altho I might have something in my favor as I am older than most of the applicants. Of that I am sure.

How old are you?

Also, I doubt you would absolutely need a high end computer in order to be selected. It's an MMO; they will want it to be played on a wide range of systems from low to high.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    How old are you?

Also, I doubt you would absolutely need a high end computer in order to be selected. It's an MMO; they will want it to be played on a wide range of systems from low to high.
    Well, I had to lie in order to even select something from the list in most categories. I am in desperate need of a PC upgrade.

Default I would rather not disclose my age....

How old are you?

I've been criticized on other FF forums for even being a member/joining their forums. I guess some people felt I shouldn't even be playing games at my age.
    Shrugs.

It might work to my advantage as Square might want someone outside the age range you find on most FF forums.

It would help if they would publish an minimum requirement systems list/configuration. I guess they might wait until after the playtest is completed to do that though..or some of the gaming mags and forums might publish one based upon what the reviewers say.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have an actual SquareEnix Members account but it doesn't recognize it. I'm making a new account from the XIV site but the email hasn't shown up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I have an actual SquareEnix Members account but it doesn't recognize it. I'm making a new account from the XIV site but the email hasn't shown up yet.
    Ah, it's seperate from the usual members account. The only people that really should have a Square Enix Account are the ones who have been playing FFXI in the last year or so. So far the only use it's had is to link a security token for use in FFXI.

If you mean this type of account, then I am not sure what the problem may be.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I tried to be as truthful as possible and I figured they would already have tons of people saying they have super awesome computers and are super insanely interested in the game and can play 70 hours a week. So I'm on the lower end of everything, cause I figure they'd want a broad spectrum. That's going off the basis that they even read and evaluate these things. Maybe they just pick applicant names out of a hat.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by ANGRYWOLF View Post
    How old are you?

I've been criticized on other FF forums for even being a member/joining their forums. I guess some people felt I shouldn't even be playing games at my age.
    Shrugs.

It might work to my advantage as Square might want someone outside the age range you find on most FF forums.
    I'm pretty sure the original administrators on here are at least 30 and the guy who made Pong still plays video games, plus the Wii's brought the old people into the mainstream, so whatever your age is it's not anything no one's seen.

Hey Omecle, no PS3 yet?

Usually age isn't an issue - not sure what forums you were visiting, but you won't get any prejudice here.

No word on PS3 yet; well except that there were campaign codes that came with the Japanese release of Final Fantasy XIII. I think that has something to do with the PS3 FFXIV beta.