Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I've never gotten had a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?
    Fixed.
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Air Tam Storm deals damage according to how much materia you have equipped, so you can unequip all but the necessary materia (Underwater, KotR, W-Summon, Mime, and whatever healing magic you want, like Final Attack+Phoenix). Multiple Mimes are the easiest way to go, combined with KotR. It'd also be helpful to come into the fight with limit break gauges filled (at least Cloud's for Omnislash).
    I completely agree, except that it's named Aire Tam Storm, as Aire Tam spells "Materia" backwards.
    And Underwater, as I said before, is probably not even needed. Try Emerald Weapon without it, using this strategy.

And it isn't even called Airetam storm.... :P

Called "Emerald Big Bang" after "The Big Bang". It does 1111 X number of materia. So 8 materias = death

I am creating a mod for FF7 to make it more difficult, and instead of it just killing your party, it deals instant game over. Much more fun...and it is still possibly to beat it with great stats.

The move is determined by which go Emerald Weapon is on and if his eyes are out.
    Last edited by seiferalmasy2; 12-19-2009 at 07:36 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

ah i didn't know that. but when it's 1111 x Materia it's death with 9 materia, not with 8^^

how do you do an instant game over? eject all party members out of the battle and flag them as dead (like Ruby's Whirlsand on all party members)?

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    ah i didn't know that. but when it's 1111 x Materia it's death with 9 materia, not with 8^^

how do you do an instant game over? eject all party members out of the battle and flag them as dead (like Ruby's Whirlsand on all party members)?

bah, of course it is!

No....I found a few ways. The best way is to give emerald weapon the bypass status defence flag and then inflict petrify on all party with 100% chance I will be looking into more dramatic ways :P

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

I never knew how to beat Emerald Weapon, but once my brother told me some strategies, and we also learned new strategies like one that is cool:

Preparing
    4) Have a lot of Megalixers and Elixers in store. If you don't, W-Item comes in for the save again, do the W-Item Duplicate Trick
    5) Don't have Wait on, so Emerald can attack.
    The Fight
    4) Here's the best part of the strategy: After taking so many hits and healing to make sure your HP is maxed, he is going to use "Air Tam Storm" sooner or later. Your HP MUST BE MAXED AT 9999!!! Air Tam Storm does 1111 per materia everyone has on, so since everyone has 2 materia on, he's going to do 2222 damage to everyone. 9999 - 2222 = 7777!!!!!

Everyone will go Lucky Sevens on his green ass.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Articles
    Blog Entries

But that will not kill Emerald WEAPON. You can use this strategy for merely one character and get the same result. In one battle, there can only be 64 "Lucky-7-Fury" hits, regardless of the number of characters with 7777 HP. With your strategy, all characters would do 21 hits of 7777 and one of them an additional hit. As I said before, it's a total of 497.728 damage, but Emerald WEAPON has a million, so that's not enough. Of course, Lucky 7 is also nice when using limits like Highwind after Lucky 7 fury so all hits deal another 7777 (15 Omnislash + 15 Ungarmax + 20 Highwind = 50 additional hits of 7777), but that's still not enough^^ well, a knights of the round does it afterwards.

So yeah, it's a nice strategy, but will not kill Emerald WEAPON.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

There's actually a way to get Lucky 7s using the Cat's Bell item, or whatever it's called (that means you gain +2 HP for every step you take), Potions, and the Gravity materia that I heard about and did myself way back when. Let me see if I can remember it:

Manipulate an enemy in battle, and then beat up on a party member until his HP is very low, below 154. Then go to a town and equip the Cat's Bell and walk around until that character has 154 HP exactly. Get into a battle (probably want to manipulate again to avoid damage) and use Demi 2 on that character to reduce his HP to 77. Then just use Potions and Hi-Potions to raise the HP to exactly 7777.

There's actually a way to get Lucky 7s using the Cat's Bell item, or whatever it's called (that means you gain +2 HP for every step you take), Potions, and the Gravity materia that I heard about and did myself way back when. Let me see if I can remember it:

Manipulate an enemy in battle, and then beat up on a party member until his HP is very low, below 154. Then go to a town and equip the Cat's Bell and walk around until that character has 154 HP exactly. Get into a battle (probably want to manipulate again to avoid damage) and use Demi 2 on that character to reduce his HP to 77. Then just use Potions and Hi-Potions to raise the HP to exactly 7777.
    Right, but wrong.

Doesn't have to be lower than 154. 354 would be alright as well (divides into 177 with Demi 2). The key is, the health they have has to be an even number, to divide evenly with Demi so you know which one you'll get, and then has to follow the pattern of an odd number followed by 54.

Any of these work (and you can still have a fourth digit there, so 9954 works too), as Demi 2 takes it to less than 7777, and will make the last two digits equal 77.

9954 / 2 = 4977. From there, you're just a few Potions away from all lucky 7s.

Of course, if they wind up with an odd number of health, you can walk around until they get any combination of health ending with 77, and skip the Demi2 part entirely.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Well yeah, it'd obviously work just as well with any HP ending in 54.

Of course, if they wind up with an odd number of health, you can walk around until they get any combination of health ending with 77, and skip the Demi2 part entirely.
    If I remember correctly, this doesn't work because Cats Bell will raise your HP to an even number.

Well yeah, it'd obviously work just as well with any HP ending in 54.

If I remember correctly, this doesn't work because Cats Bell will raise your HP to an even number.
    Not quite true. If it is an even number followed by 54 (ie: 9254), it will come out 27 (4627). So it has to be one of those combos above.

You're probably right about that, it's just been too long for me.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've heard the easiest way to get Lucky 7's is to learn the Enemy Skill Chocobuckle and then run from battle 2222 times and then use it on a character with max hp.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Obviously.

FFXIV Character

Raiden Thundergod (Brynhildr)

how do you get lucky 7's before a battle?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud21 View Post
    how do you get lucky 7's before a battle?
    Use Potions and such to get a character to 7777 health exactly. Since All Lucky 7's can only trigger in a battle, they will keep that health total until they enter a battle, then immediately trigger All Lucky 7's.