Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Emerald Weapon

FFXIV Character

Raiden Thundergod (Brynhildr)

Default Emerald Weapon

What do you get if you beat emerald weapon?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He drops a Key Item called the Earth Harp that can be traded to the old man in Kalm Village for a full set of Master Materia. :mog:

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud21 View Post
    What Wold Kanno said. When I first beat EW, this is exactly how I felt:

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    What Wold Kanno said. When I first beat EW, this is exactly how I felt:

Ya, the first time I beat him is I got lucky and got 7777 hp(Lucky Seven) which more or less marked its doom.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Don't forget the sense of pride and satisfaction you feel upon defeating one of the weapons who is plaguing the high seas and keeping those who wish to sail from Costa del Sol and enjoy the seas many bounties trapped on land, never able to feel the sea mistress' sweet embrace.
    Figaro Castle

FFXIV Character

Raiden Thundergod (Brynhildr)

What's the best way to beat emerald weapon?

If you don't have underwater materia, the best way is to do it before you drown. KotR can help.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Knights of the Round which can only be acquired by breeding a Gold Chocobo cause its located on a island only accessible to the GC. You need good prep work though, Ultimate Weapons help and High armor and Level 4 Limit Breaks. You may also need W-Summon (acquired from the Battle Coliseum same with Omnislash Limit Break) and the Mime Materia (acquired with a Blue or Black Chocobo). You may also need the Final Attack materia and either Phoenix or a mastered Life Materia. You will also need the Underwater Materia (Use Morph on a Ghost Ship Enemy located in the Junon Reactor, in the area that is underwater. You will get the Guide Book which can be traded to the Kalm Old Man for the Materia and it removes the Time Limit from the battle.

The basic strategy is to Double summon KoTR and then have your party Mime the attack. Final Attack Life/Phoenix will revive character who get killed. Ultimate Equipment and Final Limit Breaks will do decent damage (though not as much as KotR). You will probably want to attach a MP/HP absorb on KotR and Mime so you can maintain health and MP during the fight. You could also try the Lucky 7's trick (If HP becomes 7777hp your character becomes Berserk and does 7777 hp of damage with their attacks) or you can try the infamous Cait Sith Joker's Doom trick (Cait Sith's second Limit Break has an instant death attack that occurs randomly but actually works on Emerald and Ruby WEAPON from what I've heard) though that's going to involve a lot of soft resets.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If you know how to beat him, Emerald Weapon won't stand a chance. All you gotta do is keep a few things in mind:

1. Emerald Weapon will only use Aire Tam Storm with at least 1 eye still alive.
    2. Knights of the Round are very likely to kill all eyes in one turn.
    3. With at least 1 eye alive, Emerald Weapon will counter all attacks with Revenge Stomp, and Knights of the Round (if it doesn't kill the eyes) with Aire Tam Storm.
    4. Emerald Weapon follows a strict order of attacks, there are only two percentage chances in it. (One 2/3, one 4/5) If the percentages don't fail, Emerald Weapon will summon his eyes in the fourth round and use Aire Tam Storm in the eigth. There are ALWAYS three rounds between Eye Summoning and Aire Tam Storm (Eye Beam, Nothing, Eye Beam) unless you kill the eyes or Emerald Weapon gets angry (Happens when Revenge Stamp is used 10 times, Emerald Weapon's HP fall lower than 50% or Knights of the Round is used, possibly there's another way).
    5. Emerald Weapon merely halves, not nullifies gravity damage.
    6. Knights of the Round can be combined with HP or MP Absorb, but not with Quadra Magic (unless you're playing the PC version??).
    7. Mime will mime 'every' attack, even limits, but only the user's, without any MP cost. 2x Summon + Knights of the Round -> 2x Mime anyone?
    8. Although the Underwater materia removes the countdown, using point 7 will result in a kill with 10+ minutes left.
    9. You can enter the battle with a Lucky 7 to deal 497728 damage (that's almost half Emerald Weapon's HP!) instantly.
    10. Omnislash, Highwind, Ungarmax and End of the Living (can't translate it^^) can deal massive damage, so MIME THEM!

Edit: About the Cait Sith Limit, it's called "Game Over" and will work on any enemy (except zombies?) as it inflicts death status and ignores stat defense. You can get the first two reel slots with a bit of training easily, but the third one is based on luck, as you might also get a BAR and die instantly.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

What's the best way to beat emerald weapon?
    Again, go with what Wolf Kanno said. Get the Underwater Materia because it feels like this if you run out of time:

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Air Tam Storm deals damage according to how much materia you have equipped, so you can unequip all but the necessary materia (Underwater, KotR, W-Summon, Mime, and whatever healing magic you want, like Final Attack+Phoenix). Multiple Mimes are the easiest way to go, combined with KotR. It'd also be helpful to come into the fight with limit break gauges filled (at least Cloud's for Omnislash).

I've never gotten a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    I've never gotten a lucky 7's attack but why would I want to when 9999 is better?
    I agree, it's over 9000!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Yes, 9999 HP is the max, but having 7777 HP at the start of the battle allows you to deal an exorbitant amount of damage instantaneously. So if you define "better" as being what is most likely to allow you to win, then 7777 > 9999.
    Last edited by Raistlin; 12-18-2009 at 08:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Default I'm a nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    9. You can enter the battle with a Lucky 7 to deal 497728 damage (that's almost half Emerald Weapon's HP!) instantly.
    Yes you deal 7777 damage a bunch of times freely without
    interruption. It can easily kill most enemies.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.