Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why do so many people hate Tidus????

red headed monkey dude sir helix's Avatar

I don't hate tidus, I hate wakka

Blog Entries

I personally think he wouldnt be so bad if it werent for the voice acting
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

He bordered on Nelson annoying with the megaphone and fake laughing, but overall I found him goofy and likeable. The game had a good balance between serious characters (Auron, Kimahri, and Lulu) and comic (Tidus, Wakka and Rikku), with Yuna falling in between.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    And even it was just because Seymour was "stealing his pu$$y", that's reason enough for me.
    lol

Tidus was mostly alright with me. like others mentioned he was a bit different than the rest of the cast and in a good way. I hope we get so see more varied types of main characters. Not sure what Lightning's personality type is yet, but I could probably assume it's similar to Cloud's.

I think he suited the part of the game if he was like cloud or squall he'd of just give in and kill himself, squall cant handle not being loved never mind put 1000s years into the future and not being real XD

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

For the record, I don't hate Tidus. I think he's a whiny and sheltered idiot, but it gives him a personality that's different from the standard. Most of his stupidity stems from the fact he knows all about Spira, and to compensate he tries to be upbeat and happy. He gets excited very easily, which makes him seem like a hyperactive child and ultimately grates on people. Most people hate him because of the laughing scene.

Further through the story he starts to gain true confidence in himself and surrounds. He's probably one of the better leads in the series to be honest.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

People who bash Tidus for being whiny need to take a look at Cecil, post-Meteor Cloud, Squall, etc. to know true whininess. Tidus rarely does anything I'd consider whiny. And James Taylor Arnold is sublime, thank you very much.

Banned

All the FFX characters get a lot of hate here, I've noticed. I personally liked all the characters, including Tidus.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So basically Sephex, because Tidus isn't moody like the other guys, he sucks? Well, I actually liked him more than the other characters just because of that, but yet he still sucks.

You're supposed to consider Tidus a cry-baby mamma's boy. They shove the concept down your throat more than once. I sorta lost respect for him from that aspect. I know Cloud and Squall were moody. But you never saw them cry over stupid crap. And how can Squall be whiny? He doesn't even talk :P Though I hated Squall for being a retarded douche anyway. And yes. The laughing scene. Though I understood it. Even respected it. He set it in his mind that Yuna needed to lighten up for at least a minute. And as horribly awkward as it was, it worked out in the end. For a brief fleating moment. She actually laughed. But it was still damn annoying

For my share, he's one of the best main characters due to his spontaneity and his shrewd and funny attitude in general.
    The same goes for Zidane, Bartz and Zack, by the way. (..and maybe Cecil, a little)

These main characters rock so much more than Cloud, Squall & co.. !!

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

How come know one's mentioned he looks like Meg Ryan yet. Ain't that one of the things the detractors reach for xD

Anyway he's like Cait Sith for me. I didn't hate him and I didn't not hate him. He was in the middle. It's been awhile since I last played so I don't remember much.

Quote Originally Posted by sir helix View Post
    I don't hate tidus, I hate wakka
    AHM GOOD YA

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Tidus is a pretty good lead. Change up a few things and he could've been great. Different voice actor really woulda helped things along

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Tidus is a pretty good lead. Change up a few things and he could've been great. Different voice actor really woulda helped things along
    Actually I really liked his voice and couldn't think of a better one; what's wrong about it?