Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another sequel to FFIV?

Default Another sequel to FFIV?

I would like to see a midquel between the original FFIV and The After Years, which should take place right in the middle, to explain everything that went on during the 17-year gap between the two previous installments.
    Is that your final answer?

I wouldn't mind seeing this happen, but I think FFIV is done as far as sequels go; for the time being at least.

This is torturous! This is madness!

Madness? THIS...IS...FFIV!

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

As i haven't started in on the final chapter of ffiv:tay, i can't imagine that there could be much of a game there. it seems like not much happened during those 17 years. certainly nothing worth making a game about. no super villains appeared and tried to take over the world until TAY.

But i wouldn't mind a game set in this world's distant past. when the lunarians first arrived and zeomus first had to be contained. maybe the main character could be cecil and golbez's father kluya? and maybe via some clever device our fave heroes could travel back in time and help out?

While I would be interested in finding out what happened between the events of both games I really don't feel it's necessary to make a whole new project for it. There are many other Final Fantasies that are worth revisiting before another sequel (or the like) to IV.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

If not a game, then perhaps a movie, similar to FFVIIAC?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I just don't understand what could possibly happen in even a short story. It seems like we are given pretty much every last shred of info in TAY.

Oh... then perhaps a sequel to TAY? Another 17 years later?

Or perhaps they could NOT do whatever they possibly can to milk this game further?

The folks at SE shouldn't just put any random stuff in a sequel; they have to make it with quality plot elements that continue the storyline of the previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    The folks at SE shouldn't just put any random stuff in a sequel; they have to make it with quality plot elements that continue the storyline of the previous games.
    Which... I can't ever remember them doing... OH! Unless you count Tactics Advance! That was a good game. And so was Tactics A2! So they just need to make a Final Fantasy IV Adva- oh, wait, never mind.

Can we get a FFV DS remake already? =D Or even a prequel to V about the Dawn Warriors? =D

Quote Originally Posted by arcanedude34 View Post
    Which... I can't ever remember them doing... OH! Unless you count Tactics Advance! That was a good game. And so was Tactics A2! So they just need to make a Final Fantasy IV Adva- oh, wait, never mind.

Can we get a FFV DS remake already? =D Or even a prequel to V about the Dawn Warriors? =D
    Or perhaps a Final Fantasy III prequel about the Dark Warriors.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post

Why is it that half the games have more interesting backstories than actual plot events?

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post

Why is it that half the games have more interesting backstories than actual plot events?
    It's better than having no backstory at all, if you ask me. The first Final Fantasy had no backstories for the main characters. The original FFIII had no backstories either, but the DS remake gives them backstories and names.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I would LOVE a III or V prequel! And I don't know that the backstories were necessarily more interesting than the primary stories, just that they were SO good it gave you scope for imagination.

Unfortunately Squeenix did the backstory-as-game thing with Seiken Densetsu III (Secret of Mana 2) in the form of an AWFUL RTS called Heroes of Mana . . . and even though I HATE RTSs with every ounce of my soul, I LOVED playing the "prequel" to one of my fav games . . . right up until they totally smurfED it up at the end. I'm worried they would do something similar with III or V.

Anyway, thread at hand . . . no, I wouldn't want a "midquel" to IV, but I wouldn't mind a prequel with Kluya as the main guy. Or a sequel set so far in the future that Cecil and that lot are but myths.