Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Default ;____________;

;_________;

So this reminded me of a good friend in high school who told me that when he was a little kid his mom threw away all of his G.I. Joes on Christmas Eve. Possibly the most evil, abusive mother on the planet.

Anyway, topic: what do you love dear that you couldn't have, or was taken away from you unjustly? Share your bitter stories and plots for revenge.

I used to have this teddy bear that I got when I was 2 and carried around with me all the time,and as I grew up I still kept it around,although it's eyes had fallen out,the head had been ripped off a few times and the stuffing was bursting through all the seams.
    It was still a pretty important aspect of my childhood so I always kept it safe.
    One day,my mom brought over my step-grandmother to clean my room,and she ended up throwing away the teddy bear because she felt it was broken and I didn't need it anymore.
    I'll be bitter about it forever

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I got my SNES for Christmas, my grandma decided that since I had that that she'd give my Atari and all like 50 games to Good Will. ;_________________________;

Someone stole my NES and all of my games (~75) when I was a kid. Also my brother sold my SNES.

I've had approximately 2000 worth of anime, 200 in video games, and 100 in other movies jacked from me all in one go. ;_;

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember when my mom got rid of the SNES when my brothers and I got our N64. It was a sad time, because there were games I still played with it. My parents don't understand.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Agent View Post
    I remember when my mom got rid of the SNES when my brothers and I got our N64. It was a sad time, because there were games I still played with it. My parents don't understand.
    Yeah, what the smurf is with adults?? Jesus.

Still not over the loss of my Atari.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've mentioned this a few times before. A few years ago my memory card with all my FFXII data was stolen from me. I had almost all the hunts and trophies and whatnot and even found a trophy that wasn't in the guide. I was this close to beating a Final Fantasy 100% for the first time. I'm still angry about it.

I also had an entire collection of Star Wars action figures (and I mean entire. AT-ST's, bases, carrying cases, a sand speeder, figurines, the works) sold in a garage sale for the low low price of $10.

DAMN YOU MOM!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I've had approximately 2000 worth of anime, 200 in video games, and 100 in other movies jacked from me all in one go. ;_;
    OMG the horror and the pain!!!

My black motorcycle jacket.. My brother swiped it from my closest.... He then lost it somewhere!! T_____T

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

When I went away to college, I had to leave my X-Box 360 in my room, since there wouldn't really be a place for it since I wasn't sure if I could XBL in my dorm room.

I find out coming back home for the holidays that my parents had decided to give it to my brother, because someone picked on him at school. Not to be confused with letting him borrow. Gave it.

And now it's been his ever since?

EDIT: Similarly, they took my other laptop. This I cared less about, but the intentions are pretty dick. To their credit, they eventually struck up a bargin that they could keep my other laptop as long as they paid this retarded bill of repair I had on my current laptop for damaged that had never occured (lol Dell, amirite), which was fine for me since they had already took it anyway.

I dunno, maybe we have conflicting attitudes, because my Mom was in a household of three children (my god the thought!) and my Dad has a brother only a year older, so they're super used to sharing and think it's natural, since they had to share their one bike between the two/three of them and such. Whereas I get kind of annoyed when my property is taking from me, because I still don't know how to share well. I never really learned, since my brother was pretty autistic growing up, so it's not like we interacted as a normal brother-sister pairing.

It's pretty bad when your boyfriend, an only child who didn't really interact with his cousins that much, is better at sharing than you are!
    Last edited by Rye; 12-23-2009 at 02:17 PM.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a downright Syndicalist next to Rye!

When I was a kid I was given a PC. I loved my PC, I played it a lot.

One day it broke. My dad took it to fix it. Some weeks later I asked when I was getting it back and he said "Never, you play it too much."

I don't know exactly what it was that my parents had against video games, because there was literally nothing else which they restricted in such a fashion, regardless of how much of it I did. But there we go. I was super upset and angry about that, mostly because it was done in such a conniving way.

Oh, I don't know. There are many things I've borrowed to friends that have since been lost, or that I just haven't gotten back yet.
    I've also learnt not to borrow my brother stuff, since he has a track record of losing them.

But seriously what is it about parents and them taking away their kids' gaming consoles? My parents have asked me several times if I wouldn't like to give my little sister my PlayStation 1 console, since "I don't play on it anymore anyway". Everytime they've asked I've just been like "NOOOO WTF!!" They'd never understand.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

My parents never let me get a super nintendo, even if I used my own money to buy one. My first console was a PS2 and that was when I was 16 years old.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Parents will never understand! Getting barred from gaming was one of my parents favorite punishments for me growing up & god knows it worked every time!

One thing that annoyed me recently was my parents gave my nephew all my original Power Rangers toys (I had ever action figure from the original series except the Green Ranger & Dragon Zord). My nephew is a little douche bag who breaks stuff, is constantly misbehaving & is just an all round pain in the a$$! I heard he's already broken a few of them

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

When I was little I had a Genesis with Mortal Kombat 2, Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles. Guess what happened next: Yard Sale. Thirty bucks for all of that. I miss my Genesis.

And there was the time my external stopped working. It had a butt load of anime and games and po--other anime and games. I went away for the weekend and my sister didn't shut it off or anything and it got hot and I think that's what did it. My big computer stopped working shortly afterwards too.