View Poll Results: Are you offended by profane music?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 2.63%
  • No

37 97.37%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are you offended by profane music?

...never seen Momiji get worked up over something before. But all very valid points

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm not worked up. I'm just emphasizing my points, because it seems everything else I say goes in one ear and out the other--- erm, in one eye and out the.... damn. It's not being actively perceived by the targeted reader.

Well then, g'day, mates.

By the way, Momiji, I think you just double-posted by accident.
    Is that your final answer?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah. I noticed. I only clicked once though. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    When I said I wanted music to be censored, I didn't actually state that you can't listen to it

Exceeding Level 3: Not To Be Sold To The Public
    These recordings contain lyrics which promote, incite, instruct and/or depict drug use, violence, sexual activity, themes and/or any other abhorrent activity in a manner that would cause outrage and/or extreme disgust to most adults. They are not permitted to be released, distributed or sold to the public.

Don't get mad at me for saying this, but I think that you are mature in the wrong way.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

RAWR, Momiji~

Also I have the sneaking suspicion that SuperMillionaire is a troll.

@SuperMill: You've said that twice and I have no idea what you mean by it. But it's hard to make me mad :]
    <hr>
    @Moon: I think he's just adamant in his world-view. He's not trolling the debate along anymore than the rest of us are

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    RAWR, Momiji~

Also I have the sneaking suspicion that SuperMillionaire is a troll.
    What do you mean when you say that I am a troll?

Forum trolls go around saying stupid/aggravating things purposely trying to get people to argue and incite general chaos

Oh... oops, sorry about that.

I'm going back to the other music thread soon to post up more oddball mashups. Please don't view me as immature just because I don't like explicit lyrics.

G'day, mates. (I'm still living in the USA; always have, always will.)

To be fair, I don't necessarily think you're immature, per se. I think you're a little over-sensitive. Which could generally be derived from a lower maturity level. I think that's what others are assuming here. But I think you've already explained, you associate with a lot of older people who are sensitive, and they've apparently had a rather profound impact on you. Either that or your need to be sheltered has led you to them. But I'm pretty sure most of what I'm saying can be taken insultingly, so to paraphrase yourself "I hope you don't get mad at me for saying this" ;]

I'm not mad. The technique I just used, as well as what you just used, is called "damage control."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    I'm not mad. The technique I just used, as well as what you just used, is called "damage control."
    Pro-tip, damage control is typically more effective if you don't point out explicitly that's what you're doing.

Twisted Reality Shattered Dreamer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

SuperMillionaire. Offended by profane music? Are you for real? People who complain about how offensive something is pi$$ me off to the highest degree! On every modern appliance be it a television, computer, radio etc. there is button called the on/off switch, ever heard of it? If you don't like what your seeing or hearing.............press it!

Swearing is commonplace is modern society because we have certain freedom of expression rights in most democratic countries. Censorship of mass media is a bad thing my friend. If everything was censored to the degree your insisting the minority you belong too would get trampled under foot with the rest of us!

And if you think your wholesome little Disney everyone always has to smile & never swear High School Musical/Jonas Brothers/Miley Cyrus reality is any better your an immature idiot. Miley Cyrus dresses in leather hot pants & grind a stripper pole at concerts where her audience are quite young. So just because her lyrics aren't sexual explicit her act is allowed to be? Your logic is very much a flawed one.

I agree with Vyk & Moon Rabbit that your a forum troll!