Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I feel better when I sleep at about 10, but it's so easy for me to get into the habit of sleeping from 1 to 3amish, and then I cannot get to sleep any earlier. I have to wake myself up at about 7 the next morning and then not let myself sleep for the whole day to make me tired enough to recondition myself into sleeping earlier. It's horrid. And I'm never tired late at night. I'm tired until 11, at about 5-6ish and then inbetween that I really don't want to sleep.

Ryechu, I know exactly what you mean about being AFRAID OF T'NIGHT I have phases where I have to stay up until dawn. I hate it. It's not so much that I'm afraid of t'night as that sleeping is a vulnerable position to be in and I'd rather just not bother with it.

Uhh, to try and help myself I'll read or draw or mess around with my iPod until I'm too sleepy to move my hands anymore. Also having a comfy, perfect bed is the best thing evar. If my bed's a mess or there's something wrong with it then I feel bad for just sitting in it without having it be perfect.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think what you people need is the perfect partner to get you into bed.

Nope, not really.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    I feel better when I sleep at about 10, but it's so easy for me to get into the habit of sleeping from 1 to 3amish, and then I cannot get to sleep any earlier. I have to wake myself up at about 7 the next morning and then not let myself sleep for the whole day to make me tired enough to recondition myself into sleeping earlier. It's horrid. And I'm never tired late at night. I'm tired until 11, at about 5-6ish and then inbetween that I really don't want to sleep.

Ryechu, I know exactly what you mean about being AFRAID OF T'NIGHT I have phases where I have to stay up until dawn. I hate it. It's not so much that I'm afraid of t'night as that sleeping is a vulnerable position to be in and I'd rather just not bother with it.

Uhh, to try and help myself I'll read or draw or mess around with my iPod until I'm too sleepy to move my hands anymore. Also having a comfy, perfect bed is the best thing evar. If my bed's a mess or there's something wrong with it then I feel bad for just sitting in it without having it be perfect.
    I'm afraid that someone will come and kill me if I'm asleep! I ward them away by having my TV and all of my lights on.

It sucks! I wake up each morning like "Oh lawl, why was I being so scared and silly, it's a lovely day and everything is fine!" but it doesn't help the fact that each night I seriously freak out! It's especially hard since I'm not used to sleep alone after two years at college (one being with two roommates in the room, the other with Hux next to me when I sleep.)

I've been a freak like this even when I was a kid, I run into my parents room and curl on a corner of the bed until I was pretty old and my parents told me unless I stopped, they'd not buy me a hamster. xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Always have, always will.

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I almost never have trouble sleeping!

Blog Entries

I have more difficulty waking up in the morning.

there was a picture here

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I used to, but not so much anymore. It was the same as you, though. Being extremely paranoid and getting scared at every creak or bump or snap that I heard in the middle of the night. It'd be like 3 in the morning and I'd been awake for hours and I hear something and then I have to go out of my room and turn all the lights on and take a tour of the house just to make sure that no one got in. So stupid, and so exhausting. For some reason I don't have too much of a problem with that anymore. I don't know why, even, it just kind of disappeared.

Now when I have sleep problems it's just from people texting me at 1 in the morning. ))))
    --Box Box Box Box

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember when I was internet-young xD Staying up until the wee hours on weekends. There was this strange place around 3AM where my eyes would be burning and my back stiff, and every thump sounded suspicious. It never prevented me from going to sleep; sheer boredom was usually the culprit there (and it's bad when you're so bored you don't want to sleep).

I kinda miss those days, forcing myself to stay awake from sheer desire to find entertainment. It's actually kinda sad-- usually I'll stay up later on school nights than weekends. Friday night comes and it gets to be about 12:30 and it's all
    <stu> welp.
    <stu> time for bed!
    * stu has quit IRC: Leaving:
    My problems with insomnia have really toned down after I was able to stop worrying about how little sleep I was getting. Staying up late worrying about things is pretty much the worst thing you can do. I'm glad I can usually just turn off that impulse now

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Old Manus View Post
    I have more difficulty waking up in the morning.
    Yes.

Falling asleep is rarely a problem for me, but I often have very broken sleep where I wake up several times through the night.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not unless I'm sick or in pain.

I pulled a muscle in my shoulder/chest area and it's been hard to sleep lately.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I'm asleep as soon as my head touches that pillow, and even then I can never wake up in the morning. I like my sleep!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've always had a difficult time getting to sleep. Once I'm asleep I'm usually good for the night, but it often takes me quite a while to actually get to sleep.

I have trouble getting to sleep because I have to be in a certain position or else I'm intensely uncomfortable and keep shifting around constantly. The position changes nightly so I have to spend 10-15 minutes trying to find it, then another 5-10 minutes getting comfortable in that position and about 5-10 more minutes laying there falling asleep. Music helps cut the last portion of that time down considerably though. When I finally do get to sleep, I wake up every once and awhile. Also I usually can't sleep for more than 7-8 hours a night.

Oh. And I can't take naps.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I looooooove sleep. I can sleep anywhere. The bed, the train, the subway, a bus, the car, while driving (you think I'm joking?), at work, at school, while listening to my mom....

Where I sleep is usually limited to whether I've tried to or not.

That said, um..what was the thread about again? Oh yeah -- I'd rather not need to sleep. There's so much unproductively slacking time I am wasting every night. Today my colleague was talking about how he only got 3.5 hrs of sleep cuz he was up late slacking off. I envied him =(