Thread: Question about making abilities innate

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Question about making abilities innate

You must master the role so that way skills like barehanded will instantly apply to a freelancer correct?

Blog Entries

Default I may not be clear... just woke up

Once you master a Job the freelancer gains all of its add ons. The freelancer (bare) will also be able to use two of the traits that you have learned. Example : Black LV1, White Lv1. You don't have to equip stuff like 2 swords on freelancer (bare) once you have mastered ninja or such class.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Yes, after mastering a job, you gain all of the passive abilities on the freelancer job, except a few of them, such as HP +X%
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Default learning something new

Really I always thought that the HP +X was carried on also but you could put them on again for even more. I guess the freelancer has decent amounts of MP and HP from scratch
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Freelancer has got the same HP as your highest HP mastered class. I think Monk is the class with the highst HP.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah, that's right. They also have the highest strength (tied with Gladiator in the GBA Version). Thieves have the highest speed, and summoners (or Oracles in the GBA Version) have the highest MP.

Also, although Berserk is sometimes considered to be an innate skill (depending on the source you're referring to), Berserk does NOT innately get built into your Freelancer/Mime when you master the Berserker class, so mastering the Berserker won't bite you in the back. I remember thinking it did for the longest time (even before I was able to get and play FFV).

Though mastering some classes like Monk and Mystic Knight could prove to be bad if you're planning to abuse Mime for certain boss battles (Omega and Shinryu come to mind) because of the Monk's Counter ability and the Mystic Knight's Auto Shell When at Critical HP ability.