View Poll Results: Would ya?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I would play hero.

12 66.67%
  • No! For all I know there's 10 people with guns or something.

1 5.56%
  • Only if they added "...and I hate Blitzball, too!"

5 27.78%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Someone from nearby screams "Help!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Faris View Post
    I hate to say this, but no. Unless I knew them or in specific scenarios then maybe. I learned in class that if you don't succeed at saving them or what not you could be liable and I would rather not be.
    Actually, no. Because of the good samaritan law, you can help people in danger without any backlash(In fact, in some places, I think it is required by law to help people in danger, as long as your method of helping will not endanger you)

It used to be like how you said, and if, for example, there was a car crash, people would just keep driving, or some people would save them from the car and drive away without giving their name.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'd play hero. Regardless of the situation. Because I'm an idiot like that

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I would try to help. If it was something particularly dangerous, like an assault or armed robbery, I'd go call the cops, but otherwise I have no problem with directly helping strangers.
    What Raisty said... Helping someone like books all over the floor is one thing...But if someone is particular dire situation, also call for professional help...But do keep try whatever you can do to keep the person safe...

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    I would try to help. If it was something particularly dangerous, like an assault or armed robbery, I'd go call the cops, but otherwise I have no problem with directly helping strangers.
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Depending on how serious it was I would help. If someone had fallen or collapsed or something like that I would.

However in Britain in this day and age many people are killed for helping others (in fights), sure it's a heroic thing to do and it may sound really 'dickish' but you need to think of your own safety. Sure I'd call the police if I could see someone was being attacked etc but I think in some situations you'd help more by not getting (physically) involved as situations can get complicated and you yourself could be in danger of getting prosecuted by the attackers, yeah it sounds stupid but it happens.
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Get the reward for saving them then kill them anyway. That's what I do in Western RPGs, and I fail to see why I should not apply such logic to the real world.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'd call on Psychotic to save 'em. While he's busy killing them I'll sneak up and steal the reward he got.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I would check what was up, and if the situation looked like something I could fix without getting killed, I would probably try helping out.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Unless it's my mother who has jammed her cuticle in the cabinet door. In that case, I get up grudgingly because everyone else has.

j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k j/k

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I would figure out how seriously they yelled out "help!"

Case A) I'd make fun of them
    Case B) I'd help them, then make fun of them

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know the rule. You're supposed to scream fire in situations when you really need help even if there's no fire. That way people will actually come to help. Help notoriously doesn't work in many situations for some reason. Tbh, I really don't know what I would do in those situations.

every day i see my dream Bowser's Avatar

I'll go over and see what was wrong. However, if it has to do with a spider, I'll probably run away crying.

that would be a yes. i've had to deal with bad people before, protecting the family.
    JET SET RADIOOOOOOO

oh, sweet nuthin' themagicroundabout's Avatar

Default it was quite a funny story, really, sorta..

TEENAGERS returning from a night out were hailed heroes after they pulled a drowning man from the River Welland.

Eighteen-year-olds Samantha Jones, Siobhann McDonald, Daniel Lambe-Hyner and Curtis Goodes spotted a man in the near-freezing water under the water taxi jetty in Double Street at around 3.30am on Saturday...

(SPOILER)

I can't help but find it surreal and a little contradictory that people would be less likely or less quickly to get involved if someone's life is in more serious or immediate danger. I'd scope out the situation, like everyone else, and make a judgement call. But if I saw a robbery an alleyway beatdown... It'd be hard to convince myself not to get involved. And if I saw someone getting raped, the attacker might die. Then maybe I'd call the cops. I know you're supposed to just take note of everything you can so the cops can find the people later. But if you come up behind a robber and break their knee, the cops won't have to look too hard *Shrug*

I'm not as hard as I sound. I just can't fathom not wanting to help someone whose life is possibly in danger