Thread: Delayed

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Delayed

Has your flight ever been delayed due to weather or unforeseen circumstance?

Crossing my fingers, but my flight back to England might get delayed because of England's snow. Oh noooo.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Only by like half an hour or something. Nothing to worry about on 5 hour flights.

Last time I went on a plane, I had the opposite problem. They kept moving the flight time forward.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

My last flight from Bermuda was delayed an hour. I've probably been delayed an hour or two out of Philly as well, since that's a terrible airport.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I've had plenty of flights delayed and a few canceled.
    Figaro Castle

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

One of my flights got delayed and so I missed my connecting flight and got stranded in Newark, New Jersey for 48 hours.

I know I mention this incident with every plane travel related thread that comes up, but it's the kind of wound that simply does not heal.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Most of my flights have been near-perfect for timing. I've only had one delay, which was my flight back from Bulgaria to England. It was delayed by around 2 hours in the early hours of the morning.

A flight being delayed from an airport like Heathrow or Gatwick for 2 hours isn't a big deal, but this was in the Bulgarian airport and it wasn't fantastic and we'd been up for over 24 hours!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

The plane home from Barcelona was delayed by 6 hours. 6 friggin' hours. That's not the kind of time you hope to stay in an airport.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Every single time!

I'm never connecting in an airport in the Midwest again. The weather there sucks or something.

The only problem I have ever had with a plane was when I flew American Airlines. The flight kept getting pushed back by 20 minutes until they finally decided to cancel it completely. Luckily, they immediately booked me on another flight leaving at a decent time so I actually got to my destination.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I get delayed 53% of the time when I go to O'hare xD It's a terrible airport. Longest delay time was 8 hours.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post
    I get delayed 53% of the time when I go to O'hare xD It's a terrible airport. Longest delay time was 8 hours.
    Jeremy and I were lost in it! It's huge!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I got lost in Heathrow because the airport is the biggest ever and the terminal I arrived was like a giant dungeon and it made me cry!

O'Hare is by far the worst airport I have ever had the displeasure of being in. Denver and San Diego are probably two of the best, simply for ease of movement.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    O'Hare is by far the worst airport I have ever had the displeasure of being in. Denver and San Diego are probably two of the best, simply for ease of movement.
    My dad travels a lot for work and when I was flying out to see Jojo he told me "don't go through O'Hare," so I flew to Midway instead.

I agree about Denver being pretty good. Also Baltimore, while a terrible city, actually has a decent airport, too. Maybe it just seems good considering it's my chief alternative to Philadelphia (which as I said previously is awful), but I haven't had any problems with it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    O'Hare is one of the worst places in the world. Not because of the airport itself, though it's not exactly the best laid-out. Oh no. It's because of the complete ballgargling FAD doucheguzzlers who man the immigration desk. Customs people? Perfectly friendly and polite, apologetic if they have to go through your stuff. But immigration? God have mercy on them because I will not. Rarely have I been treated with such disrespect and hostility. Their friendly interrogation meant I missed my connecting flight (Though the actual airline itself was extremely friendly and helpful, getting me on the next flight possible, letting me use their phone to call people, etc).

I'm not sure about whether we'll be flying tomorrow, the news suggests some fairly major disruptions, so who knows?

Never have I had any serious delays due to airport or airline though, just ones of 10 or 15 minutes, and even that's uncommon.