Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't Cook Wont Cook?

Question for y'all: what do you enjoy most - cooking for yourself, or for others?

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Neither, though I'm more motivated to do a bit of cooking for myself, because, well, I have to eat.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

If I'm cooking for others, that's definitely a motivation to actually make something nice. If it's for myself I usually cba making anything special.

Basically the same as Rantzien. I don't cook for myself, I'll usually just pop something in the microwave or make instant shizz, But if I have someone to cook for I go all out.

Blog Entries

I love cooking for me and my boyfriend as he doesn't judge it as we will both eat anything haha....
    If I turn my back I'm defenceless, and to go blindly seems senseless.

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I love to cook and while usually i'll just make something quick, there are times where I'll feel motivated to actually try something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissaur View Post
    Basically the same as Rantzien. I don't cook for myself, I'll usually just pop something in the microwave or make instant shizz, But if I have someone to cook for I go all out.
    Same here. It's a great way to make someone happy.
    Baking is nice. Now I just need to get good at it... currently I've only been successful with the muffins mentioner earlier. My colleague at the student union seems to like it though

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am often told how great a cook I am on the occassions when I do cook something. I'm a quick learner too if I read a cookery book then I can generally make a dish very well because I'm meticulous with the details if the book said 3 mins at 180 degrees it's 3 mins at that temp no matter what, I'll set reminders/alarms even to make sure I get it right.

However I truly, truly dislike cooking. Left to my own devices I would probably live of cereal, sandwiches, pasta/rice/couscous and the occassional oven cook pizza. It's a fact which bugs my girlfriend a lot, she is a fair cook but professes to be not a patch on myself (I personally don't think she's as bad as she makes out she is) however she loves to cook and yet heres me who can cook an awesome array of foods and yet I hate doing so. Hence we made a deal, I don't generally care if I end up doing all the dishes or not so if I cook she washes up but whenever she cooks I get to do the dishes. Since she refuses to let me simply live on the sandwiches diet she cooks a lot.

The dish I tend to cook the best is probably my pasta bakes (everything, sauce included is freshly made from scratch) though my mom also taught me how to make an excellent shepherds pie. Heck my sunday roast is pretty damn good, though I've only ever been willing to cook it twice. Once because my mom had a broken wrist and physically couldn't do it herself and at the time, my sister hadn't learnt the art of cooking and would likely kill us all with e-coli.

Blog Entries

Dinner at Iceglow's then?!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badge View Post
    Dinner at Iceglow's then?!
    You wish chels, you wish :P

Blog Entries

Yeah I'm kinda hungry actually...

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I cook a mean chicken sate.