Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

8000!? Geez!

I just won the Umbrella in Speed Square! Took eleven tries. For some reason, I thought it was called "Parasol," too. Oh, well! Same thing!

I hope you still have the Chupons A, B and C. In my save data I have every item as much as possible - without the W-Item glitch which is nothing but a cheat - so of course I have 99 Bagrisk Claws as well and Key Items like the Chupons. But I suppose you do not collect as much items as you can find, so 99 when it is possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    No FFVII file is truly perfect until you've made Chocobuckle do 9999 damage.
    Indeed. And Vincent's ultimate weapon has to glitch for a perfect save data.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    8000!? Geez!

I just won the Umbrella in Speed Square! Took eleven tries. For some reason, I thought it was called "Parasol," too. Oh, well! Same thing!
    Unfortunately, I got this score fairly early on and you have to continually beat your score to earn the prizes... needless to say, I got screwed. For subsequent playthroughs, I had to really monitor my scoring process and as I struggle to beat my own scores, I start to wonder how the hell I got that high.

What does that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    What does that mean?
    In case you get Vincent's damage high enough with his ultimate weapon because you have beaten 65535 enemies Final Fantasy VII is confused because of the damage calculation and the high stats. You don't even have to beat 65535 monsters. It is enough to beat very, very much and use a lot of Hero Drinks. Than the Death Penalty glitches and when you attack your enemy, Final Fantasy VII says something like "||||" instead of "9999" and your enemy - no matter if Ruby WEAPON, Emerald WEAPON, Safer Sephiroth or everyone else is automatically defeated.

So for the perfect save data I mean you have to beat 65535 enemies of course. It is the maximum to count. But then his ultimate weapon will definitely glitch.

And Vincent is not the only one. Barret's Missing Score has the same glitch as well. Just use a lot of MASTER materia and Hero Drinks - but Barret's weapon glitch is not necessary for a ultimate save data because his weapon damage is not calculated by beating monsters so it does not matter if you beat 65535 monsters with him. His glitch will only happen with all these materia and the strength increasing Hero Drink items.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-30-2010 at 07:02 PM.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think Umbrella is the name the English language version chose and Parasol is just an alternate translation of the Japanese word. Either way, they essentially have the same meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I think Umbrella is the name the English language version chose and Parasol is just an alternate translation of the Japanese word. Either way, they essentially have the same meaning.
    I am no native speaker but isn't the umbrella just used when it rains and the parasol to protect yourself from the sunlight?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yes, the "sol" in parasol refers to the sun.

The Japanese name from the weapon is "Umbrella" (anburera), same as in the localization.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've seen guides listing it either way. Since I never got it, I didn't know which version appears in the English version.

I've heard parasols historically predate umbrellas, although the construction is similar. Certainly the latter can serve as the former, but not necessary vice versa, depending on the material.

I don't remember having an Umbrella in my game. I'm pretty sure it was called Parasol. That's how it's listed in my game guide. Now I've got to reload my save file and find out.

Shouldn't playing without a party member being KO'd or a game over be a part of it? Because I knew one guy who would start the game all over again if he had a Game Over. Personally, I think these 'Perfect' Games takes the fun out of it so I never attempt such things.
    When we dance, it looks just like Fire.

When we sing, it sounds the same tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Shot View Post
    Shouldn't playing without a party member being KO'd or a game over be a part of it? Because I knew one guy who would start the game all over again if he had a Game Over. Personally, I think these 'Perfect' Games takes the fun out of it so I never attempt such things.
    You cannot check how many times you were GAME OVER so it does not matter. Other than the Desert Rose and the Earth Harp for example. You get them once and the Chocobo and the Materia more than just once but the proof you got the items is that the WEAPONs are gone and the Kalm traveller has vanished to start his journey.

Daaayuum, Marshall Banana! Good luck with all that!