Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Play-through

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

I'm not sure if I even had the patience to master one KoTR! Mastering 8 is... quite amazing xD

Oh yeah, and I don't think I ever got the Parasol or the Flayer from Speed Square.

Here's one you guys can all try:

REVIVE AERITH!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Also even with a turbo controller I'm so bad at Speed Square I never got the Parasol, let alone the Flayer.
    During my last play-through, it took me, like, twelve hours of attempts to score over 5000 points, but I did it - and without cheating!

I did another go at it a few months ago after playing Halo a lot and I did it no problem. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it but it was a pleasant surprise. I did it like 4 or 5 times in a row.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    (did you at least use the W-Item trick and Magic Pots?)
    Were those the things in the Northern Crater that say "Gimme Elixer!"? If so, yes. I fought those, and used the W-Item dupe trick for the elixirs and put the KotR on the Apocalypse sword I believe, which has triple growth.

I don't recall how long it took but I think I'd go insane if I attempted it today.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's always some nutcase who wants to do things even more crazily than before xD Best of luck though. Cait Sith is so love that NOT using him is hard mode for me though

I once got over 6000 on the Speed Square

I mastered Knights one time and always ended up using a gameshark every other time.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yes, the amount of AP given throughout the course of the game is unacceptable to me. I use a Gameshark when playing through and mastering Materia, too.

Marshall Banana, is there a reason that you want to use Cait Sith as much as possible? Is it the Limit Break or do you just like the character?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Banana View Post
    Anyway, I want to attempt this. My list:
    1. Yuffie and Vincent acquired easy
    2. Max stats and levels (excluding Aerith, because she isn't a permanent character) easy for anyone who cares
    3. All side quests completed easy (except for Kalm Master Materia)
    4. All items and equipment acquired why would anyone care?
    5. All Limit Breaks acquired (including Aerith's) easy
    6. All Materia acquired easy (except for Kalm Master Materia)
    7. All optional bosses defeated I still can't beat the Weapons.
    8. Date with Barret haven't tried this
    9. Cait Sith used as often as possible why?
    10. All Enemy Skills acquired (and on each Enemy Skill Materia)
    Are you serious about the Enemy Skills? How does that work? There's like two or so skills you don't encounter again after acquiring your last E. Skill Materia and Reflect casts don't work if I remember correctly.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

You can learn E. Skills on two materia at once, provided they are equipped on the same character in slots with growth and as long as they have the same E. Skills on both.

You have to postpone fighting Goda until you have all four and then equip two of them on Yuffie to learn Trine.

For some reason only the first Dragon Zombie you encounter in the right fork path of the Northern Crater uses Pandora's Box as a deathmove, so double equip two E. Skills on one character and one on each of the others.

There aren't much in the way of constriants on learning the others, although getting Midgar Zolem down in HP to cast Beta gets trickier the more powerful you party gets.

Obviously you can't get some without Manipulate, while others require one E. Skill to trigger the monster to cast another.

My favorite trick: casting Death Force on my party when facing Death Dealers, who can cast Roulette that randomly kills itself or the party. The neat part is I also cast it on the Death Dealer itself, so even if it hits itself with the spell, it won't die and can keep on going until everyone has learned it.
    Last edited by BG-57; 01-28-2010 at 12:39 PM.

But I thought you weren't allowed back onto Glacier Mount to battle the Stilva for Magic Breath. Is there another monster that uses it?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sure, just manipulate the Parasites in the Northern Crater.

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Yeah, the Northern Crater is a cornucopia of E. Skills, both new and old.

This is the sort of thing nobody would ever get on a first playthrough unless they were very lucky or looked it up in advance.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I finally have this game! I borrowed it from someone.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I didn't want to post again until I had crossed off at least one thing on my list! So far, I've acquired Yuffie and Vincent and earned the date with Barret, and Aerith has learned all of her Limit Breaks! Earning the date with Barret was easier than I expected it to be. It was everything I hoped for, too (never seen it before tonight)!

I guess I'll attempt to win the Parasol in Speed Square again; then, I think, I'll do the side quest in Wutai. I don't think it's proper to do that particular side quest on disc two. It would be really cruel of Yuffie to steal her comrades' Materia so soon after Aerith was stabbed and killed, don't you think?

lol. Riotous. That's great.
    Chocobuckle:

Effect - Non-elemental damage to a single target. Damage is equal to the number of battles you have run from.
    Pros - In theory you can do 9,999 damage with this skill. However, better uses are getting it to 1,111 or 2,222 damage to inflict easy Lucky 7's on yourparty.
    Cons - Takes a VERY long time to power up, somewhat of a pain to learn too.
    Mp Cost - 3mp
    Can learn from - Chocobos [Chocobo Tracks]
    I should already have this unless the damage is divided by 10... then I have a ways to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    If you played an Enemy Skill Only challenge, Chocobuckle dealing 9999 would be perfect, if only you would be allowed to equip Chocobo Lure to find a chocobo...
    I don't recall ever encountering a Chocobo w/o Chocobo Lure.
    Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    Right now I got a semi perfect play-through. I got 1+ of every item, All the materia mastered, 255 max stats on 4 characters, All enemies defeated, So much money numbers can't describe, all players at level 99, max time (99:59), Every enemy skill, All different colored chocobos (yes I kept them), and all limit breaks.

Its a lot harder then you'd think to do most of that. I got 8 master magic and master summons, 16 master commands.
    I don't know about the items. I don't have ever E.Skill so I don't know if that counts toward mastering materia. Don't care too much for stats. All enemies defeated? (don't know what that means) Plenty of money. All characters 99 (I think). 99:59:59 is easy. All chocobos and all Limit Breaks (including Aerith's before she died.)

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    Back when I was a nieve 12 year old who thought if I saw something on the internet, it must be true, I read an elaborate "revive Aeris" rumor that said you have to master KotR eight times and equip them all to the Ultima Weapon then go back to the area where Ultima first appears over that lake and fight another weapon called the "Holy Weapon".

I actually did it.
    That is incredible! You, sir, deserve an award for this!
    SHAIT! Brownie Button Pendant!
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I tried for 99 of every item playthrough, but got bored having to fight the Ultima Weapon over and over again for the drops. Also even with a turbo controller I'm so bad at Speed Square I never got the Parasol, let alone the Flayer.
    I've the Parasol
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    (did you at least use the W-Item trick and Magic Pots?)
    Were those the things in the Northern Crater that say "Gimme Elixer!"? If so, yes. I fought those, and used the W-Item dupe trick for the elixirs and put the KotR on the Apocalypse sword I believe, which has triple growth.

I don't recall how long it took but I think I'd go insane if I attempted it today.
    I love Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    There's always some nutcase who wants to do things even more crazily than before xD Best of luck though. Cait Sith is so love that NOT using him is hard mode for me though

I once got over 6000 on the Speed Square