Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't feel like I... (Spoiler here) I guess

Default Those refugees and the kiltias I guess become the fore

runners of the Glabados church.

Assuming I spelled the name right.

All the ruins at Goug might make an interesting story as far as how all that happened..the devastation/calamity that caused that as well as the wiping out of several races.What caused it all.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    FFXII final was very weak. All those refugees....
    While the power struggle in Rozarrio is never given much closure.....
    Can't believe we are still battling each other over FFXII
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Almost since day one I got here on the forums.

I was actually laughing about your comment cause we did have the discussion about the refugees before.

I often dream that we all live together and I can watch your ongoing dispute in real-time. See, I don't dream of flying cars or special powers. I dream of that.

Edit Power:, I should post something relevant to the topic. "So I would say you really did save the day." I agree, yes. There are many fantastic wrap-ups for everybody and a World War of sorts was stopped. But "day" is the word I'm talking about. I saved the moment, nothing more. I have no doubt Ashe and Larsa will bring about a golden age and such. That age will end.

This all reminds me of a scene in Tales of the Abyss. There's a princess fighting along side you, passionate about her people etc. Another character mumbles a comment wondering how she will feel about a Queen when she truly assesses her people and their representation. He, like I did considering how she talked and felt, wondered if she would give up the idea of a throne when she truly thought about it. Ashe made no question of this at all. She was very "It's mine," end of story for her.

The problem for me is they completely ignored what allowed Vayne to become what he became in the first place. They left the door wide open. That's why I get the feeling that I looped back around rather than truly fixed the initial problem. Happy moment wrap-ups, not much else.

But I only express the ending was not a totally happy one for me personally. There are plenty of valid counter-arguments to be had here. I'm merely bothered XII presented the ending like the fluffiest Ewok when in my opinion it is inevitable all of this will just happen again if they don't at least try for changes. I'm sure I'm a minority in this. After all, there's always strife, somewhere, someone, in reality and in Ivalice, always, always, always. It never ends one way or the other, but I would have liked some sort of conversation about the matter. Vaan and Penelo, as regular citizens, would be perfect to whisper about it all. Hell, maybe Penelo could have a smurfing purpose in the game if she went all huff and puff about it. I'd love to see Ashe and Penelo get into a pissing match about this.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 01-12-2010 at 09:20 PM.

i liked the ending, they didn't pretend like they were all going to be friends forever, they all have their own lives to lead and the complicated political problems still remain but with Larsa and Ashe working toward a better future. It would have been stupid to have a "magic everything fixed" ending for the sake of wrapping up. These things take time
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It only feels a bit lackluster cause Ivalice extends beyond one game and has a huge timeline. Even if their was great political reform in XII it wouldn't change the fact that the Great Cataclysm is going to knock the whole planet back to the stone age. Then again, Ivalice was always designed to be a reflection of our real world and since its very unlikely we'll ever see a happy ending we have to settle for what victories we can get.

VII follows this same problem, its hard to take the Meteor Crisis as truly threatening when you learn the planet get saved from certain doom two times before the events of VII or that it will be saved from "certain doom" again another two times after Meteorfall. In the course of a decade, the planet was nearly destroyed five times total with only a few years apart from each other. Even Spira almost breaks out into civil war and then nearly gets wiped out by an ancient weapon of the past piloted by a pissed off ghost. This is sorta the reason why I don't like the idea of sequels, prequels, and spin-offs cause they kinda suck the excitement and momentum out of the games that are their source materials.

Before the X-2 was announced, I always justified the title Final Fantasy because we were watching the last great epics in these individual worlds. The last heroic and fantastic story that we the players were allowed to witness and play a part of.

It only feels a bit lackluster cause Ivalice extends beyond one game and has a huge timeline. Even if their was great political reform in XII it wouldn't change the fact that the Great Cataclysm is going to knock the whole planet back to the stone age. Then again, Ivalice was always designed to be a reflection of our real world and since its very unlikely we'll ever see a happy ending we have to settle for what victories we can get.
    A reflection of our real world? I must have missed the part in history where the other sentient races that we had communed with for years were wiped out by a cataclysm and left us on our own to fight armies of demons over and over throughout time...
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well its like you said in your last post, Noctiluca, life goes on, that's just how it is, especially in these Ivalice titles.

I don't think we've touched yet on what the characters actually accomplish. Yes, war gets averted, this region of Ivalice is a little safer, and good-hearted leaders are on the throne in Dalmasca and Archadia. But it's much bigger than that.

Final Fantasy XII is about the liberation of mankind... er, and Viera and Moogles and Nu Mou and Bangaa's. (SPOILER)The party was able to finally break the hold on history by the Occuria. Mortal, sentient beings will continue to make mistakes, but they will be of their own choosing and not commanded by self-proclaimed gods. Whatever happens from this point on is by humanity's own choosing... Well, I guess in FFT the Lucavi manipulate Vormav and the Temple Knights to manipulate High Priest Funeral and the Glabados Church to manipulate Prince Larg and Lord Goltana to manipulate Ovelia and Orinas as symbols of the Lion War... but at least it's not the Occuria!!!

FFXII final was very weak. All those refugees....
    While the power struggle in Rozarrio is never given much closure.....
    Can't believe we are still battling each other over FFXII
    I gotta get back to these subforums