Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: House season 6

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I understand that you don't want him to turn all fuzzy and whatever, but for him to stay completely the same after all this time is smurfing retarded. I'd absolutely hate it if he didn't change and grow over time.

I can see where most people would hate that, too, but I'd hate it if he did change for the better. xD Maybe there's something wrong with me? I think the non-happy-ish endings are better and more powerful.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not saying he has to start turning into a decent human being, but he better change in some way. He could even turn more bitter and full of hate for all I care, as long as the change made sense.

If he gets anymore bitter or hateful, there will be no more House. xD That makes sense. I guess he's due for another change. I just hope they don't go the route I'm dreading, but who knows. We'll see when the show returns.

I suppose I am a little late to the party. I have a dozen other shows I watch a regular basis and House just got pushed to the side temporarily. Regardless, I watched the episode tonight and was interested in the majority of it. Fairly well done, even if the rest of the team wasn't very involved with it.

The relationship with Cuddy and House won't last. It can't. They're two completely different people and, regardless of whether opposites attract, one of them is going to get fed up with the other. House has a difficult time relating to anyone but Wilson on anything resembling a "human level" (and even then, their relationship is extremely faulty) and Cuddy requires that exact human connection. I can see them lasting for a short arc in the seventh season, but I think they'll finally give up on each other and understand that they make better friends than lovers.

The thing with Thirteen was pretty expected. They've basically ignored her condition throughout the season (with the exception of a minor story arc mid-way through or so) and it is about time that they recognize that things aren't all butterflies and candy with it. I wouldn't be surprised (or saddened) if she left the cast sometime next season. I'm also getting tired of Foreman. About the only person I can stand that is part of the team is Taub. He's probably my favorite character next to Wilson and House. Chase is enjoyable but his character seems to be there for lack of anything better to do.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    The thing with Thirteen was pretty expected. They've basically ignored her condition throughout the season (with the exception of a minor story arc mid-way through or so) and it is about time that they recognize that things aren't all butterflies and candy with it.
    They've been dropping hints for quite a while that her condition was getting worse. Namely subtle signs like her hands shaking and things of that sort. The types of things you could miss if you aren't paying attention.

My problem is that they presented it as being extremely serious at the beginning, with Thirteen herself saying that it was "more aggressive" than previous generations, making it more likely that her symptoms would occur quicker and her life would end sooner than, say, her mother. After that, it has pretty much only been smaller signs that they still recognize that she has it. I understand that turning it into "Thirteen's Sickness Hour" would detract from the original premise of the show, but if you're going to introduce a character with a major sickness, you should probably be ready to focus a good deal of time on that character instead of giving her shaky hands in a couple episodes.

I have a big problem with the amount of time they spent with House trying to figure it out and then after he did, he stopped caring. I know that's basically House's nature, but he spent a lot more time focusing on the Kutner storyline after the fact than dealing with something that was present right then and there. I know it's a show and you have to focus on a bunch of stuff at a time, it just seems like a cop-out to give each character an issue and then bounce around focusing on a different one every other episode.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

It was done realistically, though. Huntington's doesn't just trigger suddenly, and Thirteen is still pretty young to exhibit any serious symptoms, regardless of the severity. I have no issue with how they handled it. It's perfectly plausible with genetic testing they discovered she would be hit sooner than most and then nothing happen anytime soon (they could've found that when she was born, even).

I don't see focusing on different issues being a cop-out but instead it's another example of realism that seems to fit well with the show as a whole.

However, I, also, don't see House and Cuddy lasting. And the "oh no House might be happy!" fears are exaggerated. The same complaints were heard when he was in therapy, and House didn't suddenly and unrealistically change overnight. House is still a screwed up person who will find some way to smurf things up.

Yeah, but that ending worked perfectly because of the previous episode.

Anyway, House won't become nice just because he's with Cuddy. Cuddy & House will still be at each other's throats, even if they are going out. That is their dynamic.

My prediction:

House and Cuddy will be about a 6 episode arc. I mean I'd love for them to be together and have a happy ending but it's not great writing or what you'd expect from the show.

I also think the final every episode (whenever that is, I haven't heard anything about it ending or anything) will have house dying or finally getting together with cuddy for good.

I also predict I will blub lots next season with the 13 storyline Also suspect 3rd team member dying will either put House back into the mad house or trigger startling revelation.

House is just one of those show that you can just tell is not going to end happily.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by WelshWonder View Post
    I also predict I will blub lots next season with the 13 storyline Also suspect 3rd team member dying will either put House back into the mad house or trigger startling revelation.
    Thirteen is not dying anytime soon, at least not from Huntington's. Though it is plausible her condition could worsen to the extent that she can't practice medicine within the next year or two.

Oppps last comment was a little mashed together, I think I will blub is she becomes unable to function and I will definatly if she dies.

I bawled by eyes out when amber died! I couldn't belive it! A char I hated so much yet the way they did it! Amber's death in House, Dr Green in ER and Charlie in Lost are the 3 saddest fiction deaths ever in TV IMO!