Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Weapon's LV5 Death Spell question

Default Omega Weapon's LV5 Death Spell question

This has probably been answered many times, but does junctioning Death to your Status Defense prevent LV5 Death from hitting you even if you are at a level that is a multiple of 5?
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Yes, I believe you can render his LV5 Death completely useless by junctioning 100 Death to everyone's ST-Def-J.

Blog Entries

I'm positive that it helps avoid L5 death by junctioning death to status def. I've done it myself many times. it helps in Esthar too with those tiger type monsters laying around.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Yes, but in order to survive Omega's Level 5 Death, you MUST have 100 Deaths equiped. Any less than 100 won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow View Post
    Yes, but in order to survive Omega's Level 5 Death, you MUST have 100 Deaths equiped. Any less than 100 won't work.
    Just pull Death off your Status-Attack and set it to Status Defense. I run with 100 Death on Status-Attack since as soon as I can acquire that spell. Makes trash fights so much faster.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

ummmmmmm,do you have any videos of death magic?because i never used it and have none

That's because you don't search thoroughly enough.

100 Deaths on everyones status defence...

Put 100 Pains on as well

Quote Originally Posted by wild-one View Post
    ummmmmmm,do you have any videos of death magic?because i never used it and have none
    Death Magic, like all magic in general in FFVIII, and status magic in almost all FFs, is nearly useless as a spell. Much too low of a hit chance to worry about (not for Omega, though, his is a guaranteed hit. Cheating game mechanics).

However, when you junction 100 of them to status attack, it's a 100% chance to instantly kill any enemy vulnerable to Death, and that is a large list.

Best way to acquire the spell, though, not sure. Belhelmel cards to Saw Blades to Death is one path, IIRC.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    However, when you junction 100 of them to status attack, it's a 100% chance to instantly kill any enemy vulnerable to Death, and that is a large list.
    I'm fairly sure there's no way to get a 100% chance, even if the enemy is vulnerable to the status effect. There might be a 100% chance that the status "hits" but that the enemy still has the chance to evade the effect, or something like that. Maybe Hit% and/or Luck plays a role. All I know is that I've had 100 Death junctioned to ST-Atk-J many times and it has still missed enemies I know are vulnerable to Death many times (although admittedly it is quite effective).

Default will this work????!

if i junction Zombie OR Death to my vit,will i be unaffected by Ultima Weapons LV5 Death?any way,do you know how i can acquire Death OR zombie?
    also,will junctioning Death to STR,will i be extra-strong?
    PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by wild-one; 01-19-2010 at 08:25 PM. Reason: i didnt put all the magic i wanted

Articles

Junctioning any spell to your Vitality does nothing to protect you against any status (including LV5 Death), so no. Junctioning a status magic to an ST-Def stat will typically guard you against that status.

To get Death spells, refine either Tonberry Cards or Belhelmel cards into Chef's Knife and Saw Blade respectively, and further refine those into Death using Siren's L Mag-RF ability.

To get Zombie, I don't remember too well what to refine, but I think Blood Soul Cards refine into Zombie Powder, which further refines into Zombie spells using the same ability as above, if memory serves.

The best magic to increase strength is Ultima, meteor and flare. Quakes not bad either. At the stage of the game where your fighting Omega Weapon you really should have 100of each magic you junction..

Only ever junction Death to status defence or status attack. I always keep mine on defence.

THANKYOU!!!!
    for the help,you see,i am actually only on disk 1 and want to prepare for the future,hey,do you have a list of wicth monsters that i can draw Death from?

Articles

You can draw Death from Blue Dragon, Forbidden, Tonberry and Torama.