Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Selphie and Vanille

Default Selphie and Vanille

Well, Selphie and Vanille are both the 'happy and cheery' type.

And coincidentally, they both have a killer ability. Selphie`s The End can 1 HIT KO a thing and Vanille`s Death can also 1 HIT KO a thing.

What does this mean? Could it mean that these 'happy', 'cheery', etc emotions have a strong emphasis that they are very powerful?

This also made me wonder about the Rinoa=Selphie theory. If the above is true, could it mean that Rinoa`s was originally the 'happy and cheery' type? Let`s imagine... a Happy Selphie with Squall, her cheering him up, loving him, etc. Hmm, yeah. I see why Square changed thier mind. Changed Rinoa`s personality and gave her ability to Selphie`s instead.

Who the hell is Vanille.?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

And where did you read about her one-hit-kill ability?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish. So of course the loonie would have the 1 Hit K.O.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish. So of course the loonie would have the 1 Hit K.O.
    Haahahaha she so crazay.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Who the hell is Vanille.?
    The Yuffie/Selphie/Eiko/Rikku/Penelo character in FFXIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Selphie's a nut, plain and simple. Look at the facts: she blows up a Weapon Lab, suggests taking out the president with a rocket launcher, and she has a train fetish.

Both of these two parts of the game, (especially when Selphie destroys the control panel in the weapons lab) made of laugh for ages the first time I played through the game!

R=S is excellent.

Blog Entries

I'm sorry, but what is your evidence that Rinoa was supposed to be cheery? What is your evidence that Selphie was given her Limits based on her personality? What is your evidence on anything?

Are you actually give evidence this time or just come up with random nonsensical theories?

If its the latter ill just go ahead and remove myself from the thread.
    I can resist anything but temptation

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Aw, don't do that, you'll miss out on so much fun :)

I'm still interested in where this knowledge of vanille's OHKO skill came from.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    I'm sorry, but what is your evidence that Rinoa was supposed to be cheery? What is your evidence that Selphie was given her Limits based on her personality? What is your evidence on anything?
    If you're asking for Serapy to provide actual evidence then you've already lost. Just sit back and enjoy the show and you'll have a lot more fun.

I'm sorry, this thread is a win, troll thread or not, evidence or not. I think I now have the ability to make FFVIII fanboys and girls' heads explode with Rinoa equal Selphie.

Have you seen 'The End' before? Did you notice something strange about the background of the 'The End'? It doesn't match Selphie at all... and it's very obvious that it resembles the background where Rinoa was standing at the beginning of the game. And if SE didn't move this skill, imagine Rinoa using her 'The End' limit break and people going 'z0mfg R=U is now teh trueeetthhzzzzzzzzz'

But then when I saw Vanille, that would explain why SE moved the Death limit break to Selphie... It's obvious that Selphie is happy happy and very positive in VIII. Same goes for Vanille. And they both have the same death spell? I guess, the way how the Japanase puts it... these embraced positive feelings can make very good results; such results that can be very very powerful, like the Death spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Serapy View Post
    Have you seen 'The End' before? Did you notice something strange about the background of the 'The End'? It doesn't match Selphie at all... and it's very obvious that it resembles the background where Rinoa was standing at the beginning of the game. And if SE didn't move this skill, imagine Rinoa using her 'The End' limit break and people going 'z0mfg R=U is now teh trueeetthhzzzzzzzzz'

But then when I saw Vanille, that would explain why SE moved the Death limit break to Selphie... It's obvious that Selphie is happy happy and very positive in VIII. Same goes for Vanille. And they both have the same death spell? I guess, the way how the Japanase puts it... these embraced positive feelings can make very good results; such results that can be very very powerful, like the Death spell.
    *Beats head repetedly into desk*
    I can resist anything but temptation