Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy Seven: the lucky number seven

Banned

No, thank you. FFX's 99999 is ridiculous enough.

That being said, I actually haven't ever gotten all lucky 7s in the numerous times I've played FFVII over and over and over over the last twelve years. I don't think I've ever even seen what happens when you do.

Just how many lucky 7s are there?
    Is that your final answer?

Articles
    Blog Entries

You're probably misunderstanding, there is an attack called "All Lucky 7s", and not several lucky sevens to find throughout the game. That's what we mean by 'getting all lucky sevens'.

All Lucky 7s is an attack with a total/maximum of 64 hits each battle. But Lucky 7s is only executable when an ally reaches exactly 7777 HP.

An additional feature is, if any character (no matter if enemy or ally) has exactly 7777 HP during the battle, all his hits will deal 7777 damage, no matter what. That's why All Lucky 7s always deals 7777 each hit. Ever tried poisoning a character while he has 7777 HP?

Blog Entries

Are we talking about 1 hit for 7,777,777 damage or 64 hits of 7,777,777 damage? I'm a bit confused.

Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Quote Originally Posted by sora_lion_heart View Post
    seven million, seven hundred seventy-seven thousand, seven hundred seventy-seven? Thats a lot of damage.
    It was a 7 figure number originally. However, it was read as Seven Thousand, Seven Hundred, Seventy-Seven and Seven Hundred Seventy-Sevenths. Or is Numerical terms: 7777.777... the problem being that this many numbers cannot be displayed on screen, so they dropped the numbers after the decimal. Naturally, rounding up would ruin the effect by making the number 7778, so they instead rounded down.

Hey, does anyone recall a video in which an upgraded CG version of Cloud, Vincent, and (I think) Tifa attack Diamond Weapon and Cloud stole the spotlight with the Omnislash V5 (the other two walked away.) I can't find the video anywhere.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Oh, so it was originally supposed to be a decimal instead of a whole number?

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don't know why they would bother using a decimal and then truncating it. Seems... pointless to even consider. I'm sure there's more instances of 7s showing up, some of them probably accidental.

Lucky 7's in FFVII would be a hinderance imo seeing as how once you are able to get your hp up that high you should be hitting for harder than that, which would make your dmg go down =/

Yes, after the attack, your HP drops to a single point.

O.o if thats a joke I'm pretty sure you misread my post. If it's not a joke and in fact true then why would you attack?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMillionaire View Post
    Yes, after the attack, your HP drops to a single point.
    Correction: If you exit a battle in any way while one of your characters has 7777 HP, his HP will drop to 1, so you can't have constant All Lucky 7s.

Edit: @Kyros
    Lucky 7s can be useful, like when using Highwind or Ungarmax or some low-dmg limit breaks, as they do 7777 damage as well. And then, of course, there's the "All Lucky 7s!" attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    Lucky 7's in FFVII would be a hinderance imo seeing as how once you are able to get your hp up that high you should be hitting for harder than that, which would make your dmg go down =/
    Actually, with HP+ Materia, getting 7777 doesn't take that long, and it will be long before you can deal that much naturally. Further, the 7777 applies to every attack. If you have a Magic-All combination, like Ice+All, you can attack all enemies with an Ice spell (even Ice 1), and do 7777 damage to all of them. Since doing that much to all of them without the buff using Ice 3 is basically impossible, doing it with a cheaper MP cost is even better. Hell, Matra Magic with its dirt cheap MP cost will have the same effect.

Further, doing over 7777 damage isn't as easy as it seems. Until you start stat maxing and getting your ultimate weapons, yeah, you'll be hitting for that much consistently. Until then, though, it'll only happen on crits. Guaranteed constant damage is not bad at all, especially since when you first get the Lucky 7s in a battle, your character goes berserk and attacks every enemy over and over automatically for 7777 damage (which kills most enemies before anything else can happen).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

So basically, the odds of dealing 7777 damage are about 1 out of 7?