Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The End of the World!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Don't worry, Jiro, I have a plan, assuming the internet is around forever.

Hey, future people? I slept with your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandmother. And she bellowed like a wildebeest. Whatcha gonna do about it? Build a time machine and come back here and kick our asses? Ha, yeah right, I think evolution has caused you to lose your balls.

(SPOILER)Hopefully they will be so enraged that they'll come back to 2010 to murder us all, and will materialise any second to zap us all into oblivion. They will then cease to exist and we'll be victorious! And dead. But mostly victorious. I'm also counting on the fact that the knowledge of how to read spoiler tags will be lost to future generations.
    Don't forget their grandfathers too, the female membership can chip in there.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

All you have to do is divide by 0 a few times. Then set the sun on fire and print the internet.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hey future people your great great... great grandfather was a pussy!
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by qwertysaur View Post
    All you have to do is divide by 0 a few times. Then set the sun on fire and print the internet.
    My brain just slipped out of my ear and hopped away.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    And he plays ball like a girl.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post
    And he plays ball like a girl.
    And a pee drinking crap-face!

World, probly no, but humanity...Well, if it does, I think it will be gradual, not all at once. Certain places will go first. I fear if countries go Duke Nukem on each other, America will be one of the first to be attacked. For a long time I've considered living with Rantzien because nobody cares about Sweden. I don't think they've even invented the wheel over there yet. I feel confident Pontus and I will outlive all of you in the Three Little Pigs straw shack he inhabits. We can thumb wrestle, nominate and vote Ciddies for ourselves, and wonder if Michelle Yeoh really can fly until we become too bored and kill each other. Then all humanity will have officially ended. I see no holes in this theory.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Its the end of the world when people will no longer remember on how to make pizza!

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Quote Originally Posted by Rad Bromance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    Error! Closer to about 6000 years so far. Dinosaurs died out during Noah's flood. They didn't live millions of years. But the day will arrive when billion-year life is possible.
    That's not so much an "error" as it is a different belief than your own, if we're going to use the Bible in this discussion.
    Well, as long as you're admitting it's a belief. It amazes me how many people are willing to dismiss the Bible as fiction and yet fully accept evolution despite the absence of proof for it or against Biblical history. It's easy to claim that we can never prove evolution "Because we'll never see it in our lifetime. Evolution takes millions of years." But that's just a sad excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    However, contrary to the Mayans, bless their well-meaning hearts, I do not believe the Earth itself will ever be destroyed either on the surface or as a whole.
    I don't really agree with anything you said, but this stood out the most. Where on that calendar did it say the surface of the planet will be destroyed?
    I guess I jumped to that conclusion when they introduced the trailers to the "End of the World" 2012 movie which supposes that the Mayan calendar ended on the precise date the world would end. But, I guess I'm not really disagreeing with the Mayans (as I don't know what they intended by their calendar) but the author of the story on which the movie is based. I also do not believe all life on Earth will ever go extinct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Error! Closer to about 6000 years so far. Dinosaurs died out during Noah's flood. They didn't live millions of years. But the day will arrive when billion-year life is possible.
    I don't know you well enough to tell if you're joking. Please tell me you are.
    Although I'm missing the point to which you are referring, I'm going to say no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Anyway, regarding the current discussion, saying "dinosaurs lived for hundreds of millions of years" is a bit of a misnomer. Sure, the "dinosaur period" was something like 200 million years, but thousands of species of dinosaurs evolved and became extinct during that period, well before the 65-million-year extinction. There is no "dinosaur" species, but a collection of countless thousands of species, none of which themselves lasted hundreds of millions of years.
    I agree. At least that there is no such thing as "Dinosaurs" which was just a placeholder for a fossil which was unidentified and that no species has lived for hundreds of millions of years. In fact, I believe the longest any species of animal has ever lived may be closer to about 500 years or less.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

even all the species mentioned in the bible? doves, gazelles, mules, etc?

animals have been domesticated for far longer than 500 years. Are those not the same animals that have been bred from their parents for all this time, or did some evolution occur?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Guardian XIII View Post
    However, contrary to the Mayans, bless their well-meaning hearts, I do not believe the Earth itself will ever be destroyed either on the surface or as a whole.
    I don't really agree with anything you said, but this stood out the most. Where on that calendar did it say the surface of the planet will be destroyed?
    I guess I jumped to that conclusion when they introduced the trailers to the "End of the World" 2012 movie which supposes that the Mayan calendar ended on the precise date the world would end. But, I guess I'm not really disagreeing with the Mayans (as I don't know what they intended by their calendar) but the author of the story on which the movie is based. I also do not believe all life on Earth will ever go extinct.
    You should probably research it a little more before you act like you know what you're talking about. There are multiple theories but the movie is only based off of one. To be honest though, you should research a lot more than that.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin
    Anyway, regarding the current discussion, saying "dinosaurs lived for hundreds of millions of years" is a bit of a misnomer. Sure, the "dinosaur period" was something like 200 million years, but thousands of species of dinosaurs evolved and became extinct during that period, well before the 65-million-year extinction. There is no "dinosaur" species, but a collection of countless thousands of species, none of which themselves lasted hundreds of millions of years.
    I agree. At least that there is no such thing as "Dinosaurs" which was just a placeholder for a fossil which was unidentified and that no species has lived for hundreds of millions of years. In fact, I believe the longest any species of animal has ever lived may be closer to about 500 years or less.
    I didn't even know we had any legit YECs at EoFF. But anyway, a 6,000-year-old Earth flies in the face of everything we know about plate tectonics, geology, paleontology, ecology, biology, and physics. Not only is the universe 13 billion years old, the Earth 4.5 billion years old, and complex life approximately 600 million years old, but we have direct evidence that people existed well before 6,000 years ago, not only from fossils but anthropology.

Regardless, humans have lived quite a bit longer than 500 years. So have crocodiles, which have been around a helluva lot longer than we have. Most of the animals we see around us, too (wolves, bears, etc.).

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

According to the creationist fans God made you think that so that only true believers will know the truth Raistlin..

We pastafarians know the great noodly appendage just goes inside each scientist lab and alters the evidence, to make them think the earth is older than 25 years, which incidentally is my age
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

That episode of Friends where Phoebe doesn't believe in evolution was today and this whole conversation reminded me of it.