Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auron... overrated?

I think he's overrated battlewise since his overdrives are meh but doesnt mean I dont like him as a character in the story.

but he's so bad@$$!!

He's an absolute beast early on (by that I mean physically strong, high HP, etc).

Because of that he's usually on my front lines, and winds up being one of my most leveled characters in the game. I usually go with Tidus, Auron and Wakka as my main party, switching Kimarhi in there from time to time. Yuna / Lulu / Rikku just get switched in when I need healing / aeons / blackmagic / thievery.

So yeah, Auron RULEZ

'cause he's a beast.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It was annoying in the moments at the start where he's supposed to spread his old man wisdom upon Tidus in a dismissive way. The reason it was annoying was because it wasn't advice at all, it was just Auron being extremely vague about everything.

He's definitely not an enjoyable character on the first play through, but on the second playthrough you know everything so at least you know what the hell he's on about when he talks.

Well the first reason i like Auron is because he isnt annoying...which immediately makes him better than three of youre party members :P.

Also...despite his outstanding acheivements with Braska and Jecht and how people go about kissing his ass everywhere he walks he is not arrogant overconfident or reckless. Which is more than i can say for Tidus.

And yeah....pretty badass.
    I can resist anything but temptation

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I found that he was less useful in battles my last playthrough due to more levelling prior to him joining the party. I wouldn't say he's overrated though - he's so popular because he's awesome and badass.

When I refer to him being meh in battle I'm speaking from the end game perspective where Tidus, Yuna, and Wakka are the best 3 by leaps and bounds. I rotate everyone into every battle so I dont have a 'main party,' which I guess some people dont do for whatever reason (it doesnt split exp so no reason not to do this). The only reason Auron can be put in the same league as them really is only because his ultimate weapon has initiative so he can cast hastega for the other 2 before he rotates out for the 3rd.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He is a GIANT SWORD wielding Force Ghost. Kinda like Obi Wan but less cooler.