Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Default Bugs

This is a topic about bugs!

Our building gets ants like crazy after it rains, and it flooded a bit a few days ago. So ants!

They're all over my room. Mostly on the floor, but every once in awhile they decide to gather on my desk. It probably doesn't help that I eat the majority of my meals there. So there's always an ant in the corner of my eye. I've looked into different methods of getting rid of them, but most were temporary solutions that would make matters worse at a later time or involved attracting even more to kill off the whole nest. Now it's gotten to the point where the slightest movement of a dark animated gif on the screen makes me think I have ants on my laptop! A certain member's signature definitely does not help matters.

I'm not the type to squeal and stand on top of a stool at the sight of a little (or big!) bug, but when there are a bunch I start tweaking out a little bit.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh my god, that happened to me too, Jessweeee. They crawled into my LAPTOP AND ALL RAN OUT WHILE I WAS TYPING.

I seriously almost cried.

I usually like bugs though. I miss all the snails and ladybugs I saw on campus. One of my friends had an infestation of them in her room though, down the hall. I wonder how I'd like ladybugs if I had 80 of them around. Probably a bit less.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    the type to squeal and stand on top of a stool at the sight of a little (or big!) bug,
    That sounds like me. :-P

Yeah I'm not a fan of bugs. Some of them look cute though, but I don't like it when they're close to me. :/

Trust me. You'll get over the ants. I've had an infestation for 6 months now, not living up to my name, and now I dont care where they are. I saw one crawl across my glasses the other day. Didnt phase me at all.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just put out some ant bait, jesse. They drink it, take it back to the nest, and poison the whole colony!

I haven't seen any bugs in my apartment since I've moved here. I'm kinda surprised actually. I have plants, a cat, the girl before me had a bunch of animals and a bunch of plants, so this place should be swaming.

Then again, it is wintertime, sooo. (but there's not even any dead in the windowsills :x or any spiders!)

The doorsill on stu's apartment is messed up, so that it doesn't seal properly. At night with the living room light on, insects outside see it and come in, so there were all manner of bugs around ALL THE TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Just put out some ant bait, jesse. They drink it, take it back to the nest, and poison the whole colony!
    This <a href="http://news.discovery.com/animals/ants-poison-famine.html">does not work</a>. I implore you not to continue to help fund the production of this useless product. The best reasonable defense against ants is plain old high potency poison spray thickly applied to all of the places they are visibly entering your home. You're not going to fix your ant problem (a fool's errand) but you can get it under control.

Ant repellent, like necron said. Put it around the edges (or entry points of ants) of your room before you go out or something so that the smell can clear, if any, by the time you get back.

Maybe put it around the OUTSIDE of your room since I wouldnt want ant poision where i eat either.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I really really don't like spiders and wasps. Most other bugs I dislike, but can put up with if need be. I don't mind ants at all, but I imagine dozens/hundreds would be disturbing.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Upon encountering a bug I tend to send in a bug report if there's an obvious form to do so. Software developers unite!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

My roommate has been attacking them with hair spray. It seems to be working, but I'm worried it might attract more

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Sorry to double post, but I had a question that's too closely related to this thread xD

Does something in cough drops kill ants?

So like a year or two ago, I had a sore throat and and went to where we keep our medicine to get some cough drops. I put one in my mouth and after awhile I felt these tiny little soft bits that came off the cough drop. Cough drops shouldn't feel like that so I quickly spit it out and scraped my tongue. I figured they were older than I thought and opened one to inspect it, AND THERE WERE DEAD ANTS ALL OVER IT. I never saw ants in the medicine cabinet, I didn't see ants on the bag of cough drops, and I didn't even see ants on the individual wrappers. It was weird. It was like the whole colony went straight for the cough drops and died inside the wrappers.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

ants are dumb. we used to get them in the house every summer. get a pie tin and pour half a can of pop in. they'll sense the sugar, run over to it, and promptly drown themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    ants are dumb.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

just sayin'

The only insects I hate the most are MOSQUITOES!!! I smurfing hate them with dearest passion....

Why to the smurf they exist!! That and an parasite bugs! :P

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"