Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GF abilities

Dancing Chocobo GF abilities

here,lets discuss GF abilities
    what does Shivas ability: DOOM do?

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

It's a Command ability. Set it as a command for the character who has Shiva junctioned and use it in battle, it will have a chance of inflicting the enemy with Doom (countdown to Death).

ouch!
    guess that monster will hit you hard for doing that

also,Ifrit's command ability Mad Rush is really usefull when you've got really tough character's!

also,um,how do you use all GF's Boost command?
    i guess Diablos's Mug command is like FF7 Steal,eh

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The Boost Command allows you to boost the damage of a Guardian Force by rapidly pressing Square during the animation sequence. It has been many years since I used the GF Command, so I think you may need to hold Select or something while doing this, too.

Please do not make many posts in a row, wild-one. Please use the "edit / delete" button at the bottom of your posts to add more. Thank you.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wild-one View Post
    ouch!
    guess that monster will hit you hard for doing that

also,Ifrit's command ability Mad Rush is really usefull when you've got really tough character's!

also,um,how do you use all GF's Boost command?
    i guess Diablos's Mug command is like FF7 Steal,eh
    When you learn boost you then, in battle, can hold select and tap square to boost damage. Be careful to not tap when the X is over the finger as it will punish you.

Mug is a different way to get items. Some monsters carry different items then they drop so use mug to see if its anything useful. And yes its like all the other FF games as you guessed.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

OK
    sorry for posting that much

hey,you know,i tried using the Card command on a grat,and i didnt do anything at all,why is this?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

The success rate of the Card command is based on the current HP and the maximum HP of the target. You must reduce the target to a certain percentage of HP for Card to be successful. Demi sounds like it would be particularly helpful for this if you are afraid of accidentally killing the monster.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Blog Entries

Yes you have to lower the enemies HP to critical I believe to make Card work. When it does work it gets you that monsters card but no EXP. Some people like to use Card for a low level challange.

there are perks to the no EXP. Monsters level up with you so drawing magic and junctioned them to stats is whats important, your level has little to do with it. Also you gain AP so you can have all your GF's learn stuff with the Card command.
    Marcus

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

The best things to learn with every GF are the stat 'bonus' abilities. You get these from learning all the stat +x% abilities (example str +20%, str +40%, etc), and it will then appear (in this case 'str bonus'). With this equipped when you lv up the appropriate stat will increase more, allowing you to have really high base stats so you can junction your stronger spells to better things (like ultima to elemental def, pain to status atk or def, etc). Another way to increase stats ENORMOUSLY is if you spend the time using the 'devour' ability that Eden learns or you can teach to GFs.

thankyou for all the information,because,what i thought then was,like,"hey,Card does NOT work on Grat"so....thanks
    Roogle,your right,i am so strong i dont want to kill it before i can use the Card command

Eureka!

The best things to learn with every GF are the stat 'bonus' abilities. You get these from learning all the stat +x% abilities (example str +20%, str +40%, etc), and it will then appear (in this case 'str bonus'). With this equipped when you lv up the appropriate stat will increase more, allowing you to have really high base stats so you can junction your stronger spells to better things (like ultima to elemental def, pain to status atk or def, etc). Another way to increase stats ENORMOUSLY is if you spend the time using the 'devour' ability that Eden learns or you can teach to GFs
    yes,hey,has anyone tried junctioning Ultima to STR while having the charac have a GF with STR+60%?guess it'll be one hit kills all the time

Blog Entries

The max damage you can do is 9999 using attack and the max strength you can have is 255. So because there are monsters with well over 9999 damage, you can't one hit kill them all.
    Marcus

Also not to mention if you've been using str bonus and you have +60% str equipped then putting ultima in the str is a waste of the spell. You can have 'fire' or 'blizzard' or some low lv spell there and still be at 255, which is what I did. The same goes for pretty much all of the base stats.

Blog Entries

Doom - Like said earlier, places time limit on enemies life.

Card - Also talked about earlier, changes enemy into a card. You get NO exp after battle.

Mad Rush - Casts Haste, berserk, Protect, and shell on all characters.

Treatment - Cures negative status effects. Same as esuna or remedy but no cost of items or spells.

Defend - reduces damage from P.Attacks.

Darkside - This is in other games and called other names like darkness. You sacrifice some HP to damage a foe.

Recover - one of my most favorite commands, this restores all HP to a single target. This command is an instant death attack to undead/zombie foes. Its way better then using your cure spells which can be kept for stat increasings.

Absorb - Like drain but with this command you dont waste magic or items.

Revive - I like this as much as recover. It cures a KO'ed member with 100% of their life back. Much like a Full life spell but without the cost.

Mug - Can steal items from monsters. Sometimes the items you steal are different then what can be droped. Rare-Item ability can change the items droped and stolen.

Kamikaze - Sacrifice a character to damage foe. Not worth it in my opinion, the character dies and the damage isn't that great.

Level Up - Allows you to level up by 10 or so levels. Cap is still level 100 and the effect only lasts during the battle. If you use it on your enemies they will be stronger but they will also give you more EXP after battle.

Level down - Use to lower levels of targets. good for when you are fighting something tougher then you. it evens up the score nicely. Same as level up but reversed. Effect only lasts during battle. Sadly, it would have made for a good stat max cheat if effect carried on.

Devour - A command that lets you eat your opponent. The effects range from boosting stats, restoring HP or plain out harming you.

Well thats all the commands. I usally like to keep my characters like this

Attack
    Recover
    GF
    Draw

Attack
    Revive
    GF
    Draw

Attack
    Treatment
    GF
    Draw

Sometimes I change treatment in for mad rush if I know I can defeat the enemies with no problem.
    Marcus

Mad Rush - Casts Haste, berserk, Protect, and shell on all characters.
    i'm not so sure sora_lion_heart,because i once met a bunch of funguars and they cast sleep on 2 of my companions WHILE THEY WERE COMMENCING THE MAD RUSH ABILITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!