Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2

Hopefully they can fix the combat in this one.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What's to fix?

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRid View Post
    I’m one of the few that weren’t crazy about the first one. They story didn’t pick up until near the end and even though the universe seems large yet they only populated it with a dozen alien species and gave you very small spaces to explore.

I’ll probably play ME2 later on but I’m not really excited for it.
    I'm with you, and for the single reason I am a complete sony fanboy who cannot admit microsoft did something better than any game released purely for the ps3.

I fixed your statement.
    How does not liking the game make me a PS3 fanboy? Especially when I bought it on the PC? It just wasn't that well done. The dialogue choices didn't matter to the overall story, and the story itself was pretty run of the mill sci-fi, and the combat was kind of mediocre. Not to mention the sidequests just didn't draw me in and exploring random planets was pretty damn boring. I'm sorry I didn't jizz in my pants like the original game was the second coming of Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF
    What's to fix?
    I'm not sure why he wants the combat fixed, but it wasn't very interesting in the first game. For regular enemies you could pretty much just pop out from behind cover, shoot the enemy until your gun was about to overheat, pop back behind cover, rinse and repeat. Bosses weren't really more complicated than throw up a couple of buffs and debuffs and do the same thing. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't a lot of strategy and it was rarely that difficult.

I'll give the new game credit in that I like a lot of the changes I've been hearing they made to the combat system, but I'm still not going to get the game anytime in the forseeable future.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22
    What's to fix? :confused:
    I'm not sure why he wants the combat fixed, but it wasn't very interesting in the first game. For regular enemies you could pretty much just pop out from behind cover, shoot the enemy until your gun was about to overheat, pop back behind cover, rinse and repeat. Bosses weren't really more complicated than throw up a couple of buffs and debuffs and do the same thing. It wasn't terrible, but there wasn't a lot of strategy and it was rarely that difficult.

I'll give the new game credit in that I like a lot of the changes I've been hearing they made to the combat system, but I'm still not going to get the game anytime in the forseeable future.
    I'm going to go ahead and guess you never played on Insanity like a real man.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    What's to fix?

Or Insanity starting a new character, either.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    What's to fix?

Or Insanity starting a new character, either.
    Considering you have to play through the game multiple times to unlock Insanity, if he got bored with the combat system, he most likely never made it that far.

Also, to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled with the quality of the higher difficulties. The primary difference was that the enemies would deal more damage and could take a ton more hits (seriously, every enemy, even Husks, seemed to have Immunity, it was stupid).
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Also, to be honest, I wasn't too thrilled with the quality of the higher difficulties. The primary difference was that the enemies would deal more damage and could take a ton more hits (seriously, every enemy, even Husks, seemed to have Immunity, it was stupid).
    Enemy immunity is explicitly stated as an aspect of the higher difficulties

Considering you have to play through the game multiple times to unlock Insanity, if he got bored with the combat system, he most likely never made it that far.
    This is a fair point and one I had not considered.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

*snip*So, you're excited, but the rest wasn't necessary and I do censor it ~hero

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    And yet we censor smurf and
    Double standards there, sport. For shame.

I borrowed ME from a friend a while back and got real damn far in it, but had to give it back. I thought it was awesome but I wasn't dazzled by the combat (not to say it was bad) and the parts where you were driving around planets to mine ores and in your little Rover couldn't have been more boring. Also the elevator sequences pissed me off although there were some funny announcements. That being said it is likely I will pick up Mass Effect 2 at some point down the road, probably not on launch, 'cause if possible I wanna finish the first.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The announcement of Francis Kitt's all-Elcor production of Hamlet remains one of the funniest moments in any videogame ever.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

Combat was fairly easy as soon as you get access to the first level of spectre gear, I ended up have having a full set for all of my characters not long after making it to the Citadel.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    And yet we censor smurf and
    Double standards there, sport. For shame.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

I still haven't finished the first Mass Effect. Daniel kees bugging me to finish it before I start the second one so I can transfer my game over. If I have time and get back into I will. I know Daniel is VERY about Mass Effect 2, if I had the money I would buy it for him. =/

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Gonna sleep a little earlier on Monday so I can wake up at midnight and start playin'.