Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

If you only want to get the gist of ME1' story, then yeah, IGN's synopsis of the game is adequate in addition to the brief review you get from the game.

If you really want to get into the story and side-stories and stuff though, playing through the first game makes the 2nd game *so* much more rewarding.

So is it time to start speculating about ME3, or do we wait another week or so?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    The female hair does make my heart hurt.
    She did a darned good job, the only problem is that there are sharp cheeks, and then there are Rye Shepard's cheeks, which will quite literally impale the next krogan to charge her. I was all like "Damn girl, I ain't seen polygons like that since Cloud Strife's head"

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I find the best way to make a custom Shepard that doesn't look strange in some way is to not deviate too significantly from the preset options. Change hair style, eye color, skin tone or complexion, sure, but only very minor tweeks to any of the more drastic changes. It never ends up looking as normal in-game as it might in that creation screen otherwise.

The bone structure and face shapes are definitely the most difficult ones to adjust. They tie in with each other too closely and need a lot of balancing to come out with a good result.

I have to give props to BioWare on their work with the races. They did a lot of work expanding each race's roles and personalities, without ever seeming disconnected from the racial identities set up in ME1.

Mission SpoilerI never thought I would find myself comparing the Quarians to Klingons, but it happened. Specifically, I was comparing Tali's loyalty mission with an episode of The Next Generation, where Worf's father is accused of treason against the Klingon Empire, and Worf has to go back home to defend his honor. Both Tali and Worf are serving distinguished positions outside their people's culture. Both have their commanding officer come in to speak for them and assisst them in their case. Both sacrifice their personal honor (you can get Tali out of it, but you need good Paragon/Renegade) taking false charges. And both of the treason accusations truly centered around the actions of their fathers, and were cover ups for a deeper political infighting.

Not that there are no jarring moments with characters who have developed in unexpected ways.

Character SpoilerLiara turned into a ruthless, revenge obsessed cut-throat. It was a huge and extremely surprising direction for her to take, after her indrawn and naive nature in ME1. I wonder how things will go for her in ME3.
    Last edited by Skyblade; 02-04-2010 at 09:55 PM.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    I find the best way to make a custom Shepard that doesn't look strange in some way is to not deviate too significantly from the preset options. Change hair style, eye color, skin tone or complexion, sure, but only very minor tweeks to any of the more drastic changes. It never ends up looking as normal in-game as it might in that creation screen otherwise.
    Yeah, in both games I tried to make a head more personal and it came out a catastrophic ostrich. I was about ten minutes into this second play through when I decided it's best restart and only change his hair, eye color, and ditch the beard. He looked so much better.

(SPOILER)I am doing my best to ensure every single member lives at the end of this "good guy" game. When I played a biotic bitch, I didn't give a , but now I do. I've read it's possible if you choose the correct options for everyone.

With so much that happened at the big finale, I do not envy Bioware; their work creating 3 must be stressful as hell.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Does anyone else feel motion sick playing the Mass Effect games? I feel sick just watching them. Nothing has ever made me so motion sick since the Katamari games. It's really hard to play through ME1 like this.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You'll get used to that eventually. Playing Halo a lot helps.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

She only seems to get motion sick when she plays 3rd person games. Weird, I know. We think it's the camera zooming which does it; Halo has never bothered her.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Gears of War always used to make me feel a little awkward. Not necessarily queasy, but awkward certainly.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

(SPOILER)

Wrapping this sucka around spoiler tags so it won't stretch the tables and because it's MJ post-op. ~Shiny

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

smurf you, Dan. Now it cannot be unseen. :|

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You