Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Mass Effect 2

With the US release a few days away, and the rest of us getting it within a couple of days (Boo hiss etc.) it's time for the thread of the greatest of justices fgj.

Launch trailer. It made me jizz in my pants. Martin Sheen knows how to speak words, yes he does.

Who else is about this?

I am buying this the day it comes out and not leaving my apartment for a week. School can wait.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I should really play Mass Effect. I bought it a month ago and haven't had time to even touch it.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I am buying this the day it comes out and not leaving my apartment for a week. School can wait.
    I have a presentation I can't avoid on the day it's released. After that I am smurfing off indoors for as long as it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I should really play Mass Effect. I bought it a month ago and haven't had time to even touch it.
    You should really play Mass Effect. It's one of the greatest games of the generation and is pure beauty.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm very very excited about this, my girlfriend is getting the sims 3 expansion pack so that when it comes out I can sit back and relax knowing she's pre-occupied on the laptop whilst I have a week long festival of this and my beloved Dragon Age Origins.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Maybe I'll break it out this weekend. Lost Odyssey's too damn good to stop though.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Lost Odyssey's too damn good to stop though.
    And how!

I've got a stiffy that's how excited I am for this game!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

I'm on a bit of a push to finish the first one, but I've already pre-purchased the Digital Deluxe version on Steam. So as soon as the clock ticks over to midnight on that day, I should be able to boot it up.

I’m one of the few that weren’t crazy about the first one. They story didn’t pick up until near the end and even though the universe seems large yet they only populated it with a dozen alien species and gave you very small spaces to explore.

I’ll probably play ME2 later on but I’m not really excited for it.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I never even finished the first one, I really should do that first.

Really looking forward to it. Gameplay videos make the first look weak, and I liked playing the first. I watched the short Adept, Infiltrator, and Soldier trailers that shows them off. Adepts look much cooler this time around. Their powers are largely the same but work better as far as I can tell. I like how Soldiers can activate different types of bullets to freeze enemies or set them on fire and such. And Infiltrators turning invisible for sniper shots will be a Godsend. The sniper rifle is steady now too, thankfully. The first game's rifle was like a reflex mini-game more than anything. Of course, there is the mixture of these classes, but I have the gist of it.

I hope they ditched the vehicle entirely. What was it, Mako or some ? I'm never a fan of vehicles. They probably didn't, though, so I'll merely hope they made improvements based on feedback.

At any rate, very excited.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by AntRid View Post
    I’m one of the few that weren’t crazy about the first one. They story didn’t pick up until near the end and even though the universe seems large yet they only populated it with a dozen alien species and gave you very small spaces to explore.

I'm with you, and for more reasons than you stated. In fact, I didn't even think the story really picked up towards the end. Even when it was supposed to be going full steam ahead it was so predictable that I had trouble caring.

When I can pick up ME2 for $15 like I did the first one, then I might buy it. But since the first was nothing special I won't be going out and grabbing it anytime soon.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm so smurfing excited about it, and last month I replayed the first one two times to get ready for this, because I thought I'd be buying it right away. But unfortunately I'm trying to save money now, so I'm probably not gonna get it for awhile. *sigh* I will just have to continue watching the trailers over and over again. :(
    --Box Box Box Box

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

I'm with you, and for the single reason I am a complete sony fanboy who cannot admit microsoft did something better than any game released purely for the ps3.

I fixed your statement.

On topic however, the Mako was good fun and was pivotal in the game plot in more than one instance I hope it is back though it was wrecked during the end scenes so I guess it would be the Mako 2 not the Mako 1. Also, sniping was easy in Mass Effect, early on ok it wasn't particulary easy but by the time you were getting 3rd stage stabilizers and buffers the rifle sights would be very stable indeed especially if you trained sniper rifles such as the infiltrator class does. Still a form of optical camo/stealth for those critical shots sounds good to me. I'm also interested in the way Heavy Weapons will work, it could be something that was deeply lacking in the first game or something which will prove ultimately useless.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post

I'm with you, and for the single reason I am a complete sony fanboy who cannot admit microsoft did something better than any game released purely for the ps3.

I fixed your statement.
    Steve you are a bad, bad man and iawtc.

On topic however, the Mako was good fun and was pivotal in the game plot in more than one instance I hope it is back though it was wrecked during the end scenes so I guess it would be the Mako 2 not the Mako 1. Also, sniping was easy in Mass Effect, early on ok it wasn't particulary easy but by the time you were getting 3rd stage stabilizers and buffers the rifle sights would be very stable indeed especially if you trained sniper rifles such as the infiltrator class does. Still a form of optical camo/stealth for those critical shots sounds good to me. I'm also interested in the way Heavy Weapons will work, it could be something that was deeply lacking in the first game or something which will prove ultimately useless.
    I really didn't have much trouble with the Mako. Yes, it could have been better, but something that's merely 'good' didn't seem to bother me as much as it did others. I don't really care whether it returns or not itbt. And I liked sniping a lot, partly because it did start out hard and got easier as you either learned skills or applied bonuses to your weapons.