Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "BGSU has a gaming society?! Now I REALLY hope I get to go there!"

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default "BGSU has a gaming society?! Now I REALLY hope I get to go there!"

Though, they should really update their website, it hasn't been updated since they made the Spring Semester '08 gaming list

What was YOUR nerdiest moment ever?

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I posted pictures of it in the picture thread.

We have a video game club at UF. I'm not a member, but sometimes when they have events I go. One time they locked themselves in the Alumni Memorial Union and played video games all night.

Blog Entries

xD Some of the games they have on their list I've never even heard of, but I'm totally willing to try new things out. It looks like (not surprisingly), there's only a handful of female members right now ;| Oh well~

@Eric: You're too awesome to be nerdy!

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most decent-sized universities will have something like that, tbh. U of A has the Campus Video Gamers Association and another one dedicated to tabletop gaming. Also an official boffing club, anime club, game development club... lots of cool stuff. It's a great way to meet new people when you're just starting out at a new school.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~Celes~*~ View Post
    @Eric: You're too awesome to be nerdy!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I need to join one of those things, though it'll be hard, now that I'll be a college commuter, and my commute is 40 minutes. XD

My nerdiest moment was probably when I went to Japan Day in Central Park. It was a total wee-aboo fest. I really loved it.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

There's one here, but it was at the same time as the anime club. I chose anime club because I was worried that it'd be one of those things where all of the girls there have to be the chick and expect people to be like "oh wow a female gamer." I don't like competing that way so I just stay out of it.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I dunno what to expect in terms of "competition," but since I'm going to have fun as a gamer, not a "sexy gamer chick," maybe that will make things easier? I sure hope so.

I haven't seen any anime clubs listed, but if there is one, I'll join it if it's not the same time as the gamer club and stuff. I'm not very schooled in anime (or gaming, tbqh), but these are good opportunities to learn! And to meet new people as Stu mentioned. Though thankfully, I have a lot of friends that I went to school with attending the very same University, so even if I don't see them very often, at least I'll feel somewhat comforted knowing they're nearby <3

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    There's one here, but it was at the same time as the anime club. I chose anime club because I was worried that it'd be one of those things where all of the girls there have to be the chick and expect people to be like "oh wow a female gamer." I don't like competing that way so I just stay out of it.
    When I went to the video game society with Hux in Reading, I was the only girl besides one of the leaders of the group and a really loud she-troglodyte, and it felt really awkward. I didn't go again. Was the anime club more even in gender? I would join one of those.

Blog Entries

I don't think there's one at USYD. But there is an anime society, but I'm not part of that.

I used to frequent the Electronic Gamer's Guild (EGG) at UTS which is down the road from my campus and I'd just pretend I was member so I could play free Tekken and Soul Calibur with people. I pwn3d awesomely. The President or whatever came up to me after word spread I hadn't actually joined their society. I showed him how to turn around and air grab after 214B (qcb+B) with Cervantes and I was officially welcomed after that.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I joined an anime club last year.

I went three times and stopped going because I didn't like their taste in most of the shows they watched.

[/nerd]

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

If you do find an anime club I hope it's a good one like mine was! Some of them will just have you watching the mainstream stuff, which isn't bad, but that's what TV is for. I really liked my anime club because the first semester we just watched first episodes of all kinds of stuff (did you know there's a 69 episode anime about bread?!) and then the second semester we picked a couple of series we liked from there and watched them the whole way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    When I went to the video game society with Hux in Reading, I was the only girl besides one of the leaders of the group and a really loud she-troglodyte, and it felt really awkward. I didn't go again. Was the anime club more even in gender? I would join one of those.
    The first semester it was pretty even, but then a ton of people either dropped out or joined the new D&D club that was also at that time (including all of the officers!) so it was just me and a couple of others. They were pretty cool though and there weren't that many guys left either xD

Blog Entries

(did you know there's a 69 episode anime about bread?!) .
    as a matter of fact, yes. I love that show! Haven't seen all of it yet though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

SOLAR HAAAAANDS~