Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WEAPONS

Default WEAPONS

im probably completely wrong as its been a while since i played FF7 or 10 so i cant remember the stories exactly, but seeing as they are set in the same universe and therefore follow the same rules (like the lifestream and farplane being the same thing) then wouldnt spira have its own version of the weapons from FF7? as in emerald, ruby etc.

also if this is the case, would you have expected them to wake up and just kill sin and vegnagun themselves?

Err... I don't belive that they were set in the same universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic_High View Post
    Err... I don't belive that they were set in the same universe.
    they are, its been officially stated that X is set thousands of years before 7 and on a different planet i believe

I have never seen that! I am interested to know if thats true can someone confirm this?

Plus the Weapon theory is slightly ruined by this fact different planets are totally different such as Earth is different to Saturn. Also Weapon destroying Sin would mean no Final Fantasy X storyline.
    Last edited by Lunatic_High; 01-23-2010 at 06:08 PM.

I have never seen that! I am interested to know if thats true can someone confirm this?

Plus the Weapon theory is slightly ruined by this fact different planets are totally different such as Earth is different to Saturn. Also Weapon destroying Sin would mean no Final Fantasy X storyline.
    yeah i guess so, i just figured that although they are different planets, they are set in the same universe so they would follow the same rules, especially with them both having similar afterlives and the lifestream/farplane being the same

also, read this guide. it is a translation of the FF 10-2 ultimania

Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania FAQ - IGN FAQs

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yes, this is true. This is only stated in the Ultimania guide and not directly in either of the games. Shinra from Final Fantasy X-2 is a reference to the Shinra Corporation in Final Fantasy VII.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Yes, this is true. This is only stated in the Ultimania guide and not directly in either of the games. Shinra from Final Fantasy X-2 is a reference to the Shinra Corporation in Final Fantasy VII.
    No wonder I never knew! Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Possible Spoilers

They got Ultima and omega weapon. Although the weapons did different things in the games. FFVIIDoC got me thinking about Omega. Omega is there as a last resort for the planet. To take the soul of the planet to the stars and create a new. one thing, Final Fantasy VII killed Omega. So the planet is saved forever. Thats the ending of DoC. Anyways since which came first? FFVII or FFX? I mean time line. Also back to what I really wanted to say is, Do you think Omega is in all the games cause the world is about to end? That he carries his own purpose rather then being the hardest boss?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

No, I think Omega Weapon is simply a recurring monster design in the series that the creators use to give gamers an added challenge or fight a powerful-looking monster. What games has an Omega Weapon appeared in?

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I know he showed up in V, VIII, X, and XII.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Oh, that's right. Omega Weapon made an appearance in Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy V as a powerful robot.

In those cases, I'm certain that he was meant to be an anachronistic monster designed to give gamers an added challenge. In the first game, he was more difficult than the final boss. In the fifth game, he was more difficult than the final boss, too.

So if there are 2 different things happening on 2 different planets in the same universe why are they expected to follow the same (or even remotely similar) rules? THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. Just because stuff is in the same universe doesn't mean anything about how they're related. The 2 planets could be 207830278750281 gazillion light years apart and still be in the same universe so I really don't see how they'd be related =/

*I'm not meaning for this to sound like a flame/rant/whatever so sorry if it sounds like that, I'm just kinda saying I don't a point in trying to relate this stuff.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

This is a message that the developers of Final Fantasy X-2 wanted to relay to fans. At the time of its conception, Final Fantasy VII was never associated with a future title in the series.

In fact, I remember when this information was found out when Ultimania was released — it was the first time that two Final Fantasy games of different franchises were connected. At the time of the announcement, it was a little exciting because it seemed like a shoutout to the fans who thought Shinra was more than just a reference for players.

You're right, Kyros, that this does not mean that the titles are necessarily related like a brother and sister. I can see what you're saying. It's, like, "Okay, these two are related, but only slightly," so what's the point of doing it at all? Maybe to gauge the fan reaction for future story developments like that in the future? Testing the waters for the concepts of Dissidia Final Fantasy? This would be a question for the developers in charge of the direction of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyros View Post
    So if there are 2 different things happening on 2 different planets in the same universe why are they expected to follow the same (or even remotely similar) rules? THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE AT ALL. Just because stuff is in the same universe doesn't mean anything about how they're related. The 2 planets could be 207830278750281 gazillion light years apart and still be in the same universe so I really don't see how they'd be related =/

*I'm not meaning for this to sound like a flame/rant/whatever so sorry if it sounds like that, I'm just kinda saying I don't a point in trying to relate this stuff.
    well if the people who made these 2 games have decided to relate this stuff then why not? especially seeing as both planets have a lifestream.

it was just a thought

I don't see the lifestream and the farplane as the same thing just similar =/ Couldn't you argue they're almost the same thing as Heaven except you can see/talk to the people there instead of just praying to give your thoughts to them?