Thread: What do you want to be when you grow up?

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default What do you want to be when you grow up?

I'm going to be a Geomancer. I like not having to rely on magic when I'm out and about, plus I don't enjoy killing stuff so I suppose it's better to kill stuff from a distance than getting into close combat. My girlfriend will probably be an Archer, that way she can get all sorts of animals to help us, hopefully a lot of nightinggales.

When we get old, we hope to settle down in Mirage town. Our only reason is that this is usually the last stop for adventurers who travel the world to become great at the piano. It would suck to live in the first town and hear fresh adventurers clunking some crappy tune on the piano every god damned day. No, I want to hear the end results.

How bout you then?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I am an adult and I feel like the best job class that would represent me is Oracle. Do I have to create a story, too? I guess I would try to tell towns of impending disasters. The fortune teller archetype never fares well in fiction.

The Oracle only appeared in Final Fantasy V Advance. This incarnation of the Oracle produced spontaneous effects that had a definite charge time. They had the passive abilities Read Ahead to lower the encounter rate and Ability Points Up. Other Oracles in the series include Banon (Final Fantasy VI) and the Oracle job class (Final Fantasy Tactics).
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Banned

Time mage.

Casting Haste to make myself run super fast, casting Return to time travel back into the past, and casting Meteo for mass destruction does sound pretty cool.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

White Mage of course. At first every one was all excited to get me to join there party, but then I started getting a reputation for not doing my job right. You cast Berserk on a little girl in the middle of Preschool once and suddenly your a bad guy.

And of course there was that time with Raise at the Lix Graveyard, that time I cast Berserk on that little girl's cat, the same thing only I cast Berserk on the girl, casting Mini on Chocobos and trying to sell them a twice price as Shetland Chocobos. The list goes on, but the best thing ever was that time I got drunk and broke down the Gate to Bal Castle. Using clever wordplay and Confuse spell, convinced the guards it was a mimic and received a medal!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'd have to be a Black Mage. Big explosive magic is just too fun.

Ninja is tempting, though.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Blue mage for me.