Thread: We shall Fight like Men!..and Women!..and Women who dress like Men!!! It's FAQ Time!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancing Chocobo We shall Fight like Men!..and Women!..and Women who dress like Men!!! It's FAQ Time!

To paraphrase Gilgamesh but I do believe its time we get together and begin to share our knowledge of the debatably best game in the series. This game brought back the Job class system and forever changed the way we would interact with it.

So help Gilgamesh escape the Void and share with us your l33t info on one of the beloved entries of the 16-bit era.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Question: Where is a good location to gain Ability Points in the second world?

Answer: The basement of Bal Castle has a monster called Statue or Objet d'Art depending on your version of the game. This monster can be killed in groups easily with the Blue Magic Level 5 Death.

Level 5 Death can be learned by Page 64 in the Ancient Library. Make sure that you learn this spell from the monster so that you can make use of an easy way to master nearly all of the jobs in the middle of the game.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Those same enemies can be defeated easily with Softs, iirc, if you missed out on L5 Death.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

or zeninage or beat the crap out of them
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post

Level 5 Death can be learned by Page 64 in the Ancient Library. Make sure that you learn this spell from the monster so that you can make use of an easy way to master nearly all of the jobs in the middle of the game.
    I never got it and lived to tell the tale, but I see your point

Are you a necromancer?

Anyways, good tip, get Mighty Guard from a Stingray the easy way. There are several ways to not get KOed by him and you can actually make good use of it to get through enemies at the end of the game even on a low level and without uber pro 5p33|)rUnstrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Question: Where is a good location to gain Ability Points in the second world?

Answer: The basement of Bal Castle has a monster called Statue or Objet d'Art depending on your version of the game. This monster can be killed in groups easily with the Blue Magic Level 5 Death.

I've just got back to the 'real world' (#3), but man that's a good tip... So much better than Nutkin farmin', or turbo-controllin' everywhere something has a rare drop/steal, like I usually do.

One thing I gotta say is, you can't spend too much time in the Ronka Ruins! All that time without Lamia's Tiaras, and probably some Blue Magic I missed..