Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i junction 100 THread to STR!

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Early on, after you just get Siren, buy lots of tents, turn them all into Curagas, put them on Squall's health, you are now unbeatable. That is all.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I somehow have the patience to max-draw every new magic I find up until Deling City. It ends up with me being ridiculously overpowered. Carding the enemies is even better, as you can get the magic, AP and a card, but no EXP so the other enemies don't scale up.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    Early on, after you just get Siren, buy lots of tents, turn them all into Curagas, put them on Squall's health, you are now unbeatable. That is all.
    I make use of this strategy when I play Final Fantasy VIII. I tend to get most of my spells through item refinement or card refinement than through the Draw command. It takes far too long for my liking, so I applaud your patience, Jiro. Do you look for every spell up to that point?
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I'm not quite that patient. I just check what spells the enemies have, and if there's a new one, I max-draw it. I only hunt for spells at the very beginning, before entering the Fire Cave.

After that, I try and refine as many spells as possible to eliminate my need to draw. Because everybody knows how boring it is, even if they don't attempt max-draws.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Grind the fish by Balamb to get all the refine abilities and card. Spam card on anything that moves, refine into magic and items for weapons.

i simply draw or refine my magic,works a treat

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Once you get Siren, make her learn L Mag-RF, then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga. Junction this to HP for an instant 3-4000 HP.

Drawing from enemies is so boring.

Oh, someone already said that.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I finished FFVII and now I started playing VIII, and I'm total confused about junction system... Its completly different than in VII. But I'll try to learn it

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Xardrick View Post
    I finished FFVII and now I started playing VIII, and I'm total confused about junction system... Its completly different than in VII. But I'll try to learn it
    The Junction system is best described as equipping spells to each statistic to improve performance in your characters. Essentially, you want to junction a magic to each statistic that you have available. Early on, you can only junction to select statistics, but as your roster of Guardian Forces grows, you will be able to Junction, or equip, more of your spells into your statistics to make your character more powerful.

The best advice is to keep a steady stock of spells — not necessarily for use, but for Junction — so that you will always have resources to make your characters stronger.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Essentially, you want to junction a magic to each statistic that you have available.
    yes Roogle,i junction whenever i can

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Play around with which spells you junction where. For example Cure will have a much more noticeable effect if you Junction it to Vitality rather than Strength

What's with magic?
    Can I buy magic in stores or something or I must draw everything??
    and what is about "...then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga" ? How can I refine or what this means?

Blog Entries

Default A)

Quote Originally Posted by Xardrick View Post
    What's with magic?
    Can I buy magic in stores or something or I must draw everything??
    and what is about "...then buy 10 tents and refine them into 100 Curaga" ? How can I refine or what this means?
    No you can not buy magic in stores. You have to draw them from monsters (during battles), or at a draw point (found in most places).

Each GF has a list of abilities you can learn. A lot of them have special "Refine" abilities you can use once you learn them. Afterwards go into ability (under the menu) and you'll see the stuff you have learned. You can make magic or other items as well this way.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Blog Entries

Another tip I'd give you would be to avoid using the magic you've junctioned to a statistic. It makes you marginally weaker each time.

Oh. If memory serves me right, I believe getting Diablos early on allows you refine Demi which is pretty good for junctioning early on.