Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saku's terrible art

Dancing Chocobo Saku's terrible art

Yeah well I just wanted to share some of my pictures I draw. I am not good but I am learning to get better in Art school. ^^
    Just for fun some art work:

Blog Entries

Your attention to detail really shows and that can never be faulted! Also, your grasp of anatomy is not horrid either; the second character's bosom is in the right place, arm lengths are not unnatural, and your facial structures look plenty good for what I assume is the style for which you are going! Your hair is particularly nice!

I will say I am disappointed about the lack of backgrounds or tying these characters into any sort of composition; the lack of such makes them very flat! Please continue practicing the shaping of arms and hands; the angel is specifically looking sad because of this!

Keep up the good work; I look forward to more art!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> I used to draw like that when I was in highschool (bring back memories)..

BTW, your art is not that terrible, and keep learning to get better in Art school.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

I see talent. Keep it up, and you'll be making anime movies before you know it. Hayao Miyazaki started somewhere didn't he? Are you sure traditional Art School is where you want to be? There was nothing on anime when I attended.

You're pretty good. I like the first one the best.

Keep it up

Oh i love the hair! Is the angel Max because she has blonde hair and pink highlights? Obviously its possible that other angels have the same awesome hair style, just wondering,
    I like your pictures.

Thanks everyone for the comments. I try to get better and make backgrounds and stuff. I am still training to draw hands...yeah...I kind of suck at this point...It's late and I just wanted to draw something...And yeah I startet and thats what turns out when i am tired and start drawing...It scks I know XD

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

If you feel your art is terrible, why put it up? Regardless, you have talent. Everything looks proportionally accurate too which is a great plus.

Str8 Pimpin'

I think it is terrible because I myself see many mistakes. I always compare my art to others who are much better thatswh I say it is terrible.
    I know that I have a little talent for that but I still have to learn and practice more and more till I am good enough that I can sa for myself "This is good" It's my way to but my goal.
    I put up my art so I can get some critics and comments so that i know what I did right and whats wrong. To get better and try things out.

Saku: by no means is your art terrible. It's really great, actually. You've got a really great talent on your hands. I know that must be useless because I know exactly where you're coming from, so all I can do is encourage you to continue drawing and to branch out in terms of what you draw, and art courses are great for that. Also try not to compare yourself to other people, especially with what you see on the net (it gets me down a bit sometimes too ;p); try to take inspiration for new drawings from them instead.

Don't get too down or frustrated about it, keep up the good work!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> That last drawing you posted, its an original drawing of yours or is something that you copied from some manga?

BTW, nothing wrong with copying manga drawings..

@ Aurey: Thank you for encourage me ^^ I am at an art course. Or rather I was. Ecery Friday for an hour. But it got to expensive....I love drawing and I will continue to do that. After all I want to become a Character Designer and thatswhy I want to continue. And if I continue I will get better right? ^^

@ black orb: I didn't copied. It just popped up in my head while I was starting to draw. It's rather rare that I copy something. The first picture is one is from a manga. Not the pose or something but the character. I had seen the anime and after a while i drew him. The last one is just something I wanted to do. ^^

BTW: Today I was like NOT listening to my teachers lessons. Instead I was just messing around. XD I drew this in like...5 minutes? And yeah..just for fun I upload it. ^^

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura200 View Post
    @ black orb: I didn't copied. It just popped up in my head while I was starting to draw. It's rather rare that I copy something. The first picture is one is from a manga. Not the pose or something but the character. I had seen the anime and after a while i drew him. The last one is just something I wanted to do. ^^
    >>> Your art style seems to change with each of your posts, thats why I was asking..

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Saku's terrible art isn't terrible at all. I like the colors you use. :3

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakura200 View Post
    >>> Your art style seems to change with each of your posts, thats why I was asking..

That's because I haven't found a permanet style yet. I am still on experimenting and some of the drawings are made some time ago. I learn new stuff every day and try to use it ^^

@ Rye: Thank you. My colors are just normal pencils from school XD
    I rarely color something but sometimes I just feel like colouring <3