Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

We loved how Jin's accent disappeared towards the end of the sub scenes. xD
    Figaro Castle

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Gawd, you're a bit of a spoilerwhore aren't you, MRabbits?
    yes yes i am it is horrible. i also read the last page of books before i get there.

(SPOILER)Man, the first thing that entered my mind was "Daaayum, Miriel is gonna be so pissed!" and then followed by "They better not kill off Rose and Bernard in the next episode or she's seriously going to kill the producers" followed by "Ahmagawd they died "
    Rose and Bernard (minor) (SPOILER)are in at least one scene of the finale, which neither of them die in. It's pretty tense though, and involves an angry Locke. The script for that part is pretty rad, actually. I love them. Also, everybody's favorite (SPOILER)dog will be making an appearance in the finale.

(SPOILER)If this is the last we saw of Sayid then I have to say he's been an overall useless character, besides teaching me how to pronounce The Raft in a weird way
    All the characters, in the grand scheme of things, have proven themselves to be useless, except: Locke, Jack, Jacob, MIB, Ben, and Richard. Seriously. Sun and Jin, for instance, add nothing to the story. Neither does Kate. Or Sawyer. Or Juliet. Or Miles. Or Lapidus. Or Hurley. Or Charlotte. Most characters are/were expendable.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think Miriel is going to be most pissed off by the fact that (SPOILER)they spoke in English for the majority of that scene.
    That pissed me off to no end!

Also Moon Rabbits there is a spoiler I need to know. Please tell me! (SPOILER)Did Lapidus die? I sure hope not. All we saw was him being hit by a door, there was no ~*SAD MUSIC*~ so I still have hope.
    (SPOILER)Dead is dead! About smurfing time, imho~ I hate his character >_ > His death was fitting: quick (like his character arc), silly (like his character), and satisfying (the complete opposite of what Frank's addition to the story was). [/bitch]

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    We loved how Jin's accent disappeared towards the end of the sub scenes. xD
    I noticed that, it was strange...

Here is a 50 second sneak peek of the next episode.

Watch it because I would really like to know if I'm the only one who is absolutely 100% convinced that that is Sawyer in that clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post

Watch it because I would really like to know if I'm the only one who is absolutely 100% convinced that that is Sawyer in that clip.
    Are you talking about the guy at the end?

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post

Are you talking about the guy at the end?
    No, not the kids, who are obviously (SPOILER)Jacob + MIB, but the (SPOILER)hunter guy who stakes the boar.

edit: oh yeah, the guy at the end of the clip.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

That episode was smurfed up. And racist. I officially hate Lost for that BS.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Just so you guys are aware, you don't need to mark spoilers for anything which has already been aired in the States. Just mark spoilers for anything that hasn't happened yet in a fully aired episode. Now I can't tell which are about the recent episode and which are genuine spoilers. xD

I found that episode to be pretty crap. I mean, c'mon, Jin/Sun have a daughter, why didn't either of them think "Jin, go, live for our daughter!"? Crazy. That would be the first thing I would tell Jin if I were Sun. Oh well, I've seen Jin die before, I suppose it might happen again in the next few episodes. =|

It's great that things are moving quickly now but perhaps they could have managed it better. I dunno.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I CAN'T EVEN!

(SPOILER)Lazy lazy writing. Like BoB said, the decision for Jin to stay made absolutely no sense in the real world. Any parent, as much as they love their spouse, would realize the need to be there for their child. But there's only so much time left, and there just isn't enough TIME for the show to deal with Jin's grief. So they did the lazy thing and just killed off the both of them.

smurfing lazy smurfs.

Sun was the fiercest female character on the show, and even though she was in the sidelines most of the time, Sun still had an amazing journey. She's probably had the most progressive journeys of all the characters. She's come so damn far and what happens? They neglect her and separate her from her husband for 2 seasons and then they kill her!! What the smurf? They killed off the two people who were in the best possible position to have a happy ending and they did it all for shock value. Lazy incompetent writing.

They also ruined Sayid's character and took him out as well.

Watch out Hurley, Rose & Miles, they're coming for you too!

The only possible way this show can get any worse is if they kill Vincent too. Maybe they will, he was attached to Walt & Michael.

Don't even get me started about Jin/Sun about to DIE and talking in English. Pandering to the audience much? Gah!

Kate is like a cockroach. She will never die.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wonder what will happen with Walt anyway. It seems so odd that he seemed like such an important player in the early part of the show and now he still hasn't shown up for his turn of melodrama. Maybe in the last episode. Who knows.

I agree that they're killing off all the most interesting characters. It's just annoying. But then, with everyone so interested in knowing what will happen, I suppose we were always going to be set up for disappointment in a big way. Too much buildup for a show to be able to fulfill, I think.

EDIT: Of course, the fact that they're all 'alive' in the alternate reality world thing makes me suspect that pretty much every death is just another farcical event that didn't actually happen. The deaths almost mean nothing. Which is kind of annoying. At least we still have Hurley and Desmond...

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Just so you guys are aware, you don't need to mark spoilers for anything which has already been aired in the States. Just mark spoilers for anything that hasn't happened yet in a fully aired episode. Now I can't tell which are about the recent episode and which are genuine spoilers. xD
    Sorry, that's my fault. I thought people should wait a week in case other people hadn't had a chance to watch and had it taped or were going to watch it online later. No more spoiler-nazi from me.

About the rushed plot at the end. I heard rumors that they wanted to move it into a seventh season and milk it, and I wonder if the writers stretched it out that way on purpose expecting to keep the network hostage and having to bow to their demands. Then, once the network pushed back and said "No", they had to scramble and try to figure out how to tie up loose ends relatively quickly, albeit crapily. (Huh, "crapily" isn't a word. Oh well.)
    Figaro Castle

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    That episode was smurfed up. And racist. I officially hate Lost for that BS.
    What's so racist about the only Arab on the show becoming a suicide bomber?

...oh.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The writers said they killed Sun & Jin to show us that anyone can die. Bull. Kate can't die. She won't die. Neither will Sawyer or Jack. They aren't willing to kill anyone, just the characters who aren't directly involved in the main storyline anymore. And we've already seen they can kill major characters, Locke for example.

They said they killed Sayid because if he had one last moment of selflessness it would redeem his character for us. Why did they go ruin his character in the first place? What a waste.

And no one even cares about Lapidus? Poor guy.

I also have no doubt that Miles will die, killing off the only remaining Asian character and one of the last remaining minority characters. Hugo and Rose have a chance, but Rose has nothing to do with the story anymore so they might just off her too.

They went straight up Harry Potter on us with Sun & Jin. I didn't think they would. I figured Sun would die and Jin would go take care of the baby, but now it's all pointless and Sun coming back for him meant nothing.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

To be fair, Lapidus may as well have worn a red shirt in every episode he was in.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    To be fair, Lapidus may as well have worn a red shirt in every episode he was in.
    No kidding.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got the whole "hey wait racism" vibe from this show the past episode. I mean, Sayid's death? COME ON.

As for Jin leaving for Ji-Yeon. I thought it was fairly believable that he would stay for Sun. I mean, yeah, you have a daughter, but that's the love of yer life pinned to a wall about to drown. Idk, I think I'd stay in the sub w/ Sun tbph.

On the fates of other minority characters (minor spoilers):

Rose - (SPOILER) appears in the finale. Doesn't die in the scene that was leaked, and I doubt she will.

Hurley - (SPOILER)Afaik he is in the finale, but I do not think he will survive (unconfirmed).

Miles - (SPOILER)Haven't heard anything about him appearing in the finale. To be fair, however, I haven't heard anything about Richard or Kate in the finale either. Or claire for that matter.