Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season 6

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

And no one even cares about Lapidus? Poor guy.
    Do you not read my posts?

Also now we're throwing accusations of racism around, I would like to get aboard this bandwagon! All the English characters (Charlie, Naomi, Charlotte) got splurged long ago and I am going to raise my voice in indignant outrage!

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    As for Jin leaving for Ji-Yeon. I thought it was fairly believable that he would stay for Sun. I mean, yeah, you have a daughter, but that's the love of yer life pinned to a wall about to drown. Idk, I think I'd stay in the sub w/ Sun tbph.
    You're not a parent. If you ever become one one day, you'll see it differently.

When it became obvious that he wouldn't be able to free her, he should have left. There's no reason to sacrifice yourself needlessly like that.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    As for Jin leaving for Ji-Yeon. I thought it was fairly believable that he would stay for Sun. I mean, yeah, you have a daughter, but that's the love of yer life pinned to a wall about to drown. Idk, I think I'd stay in the sub w/ Sun tbph.
    You're not a parent. If you ever become one one day, you'll see it differently.
    Yeah, I realized after I posted that my opinion on the matter is pretty skewed by the fact that I also detest children > _>

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    You're not a parent.
    Is there something you and Miriel need to tell us?
    Figaro Castle

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who got the whole "hey wait racism" vibe from this show the past episode. I mean, Sayid's death? COME ON.
    I actually didn't think of it as racist until you guys said something, to be honest.
    To be fair, Jin probably knew that he was boned if he tried to escape anyway. He'd not have made it up there without oxygen.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well Jack didn't even use his, so Jin could have taken it.
    Figaro Castle

Articles

Jack used it on the unconscious Sawyer.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well they didn't show it. Pics or it didn't happen!
    Figaro Castle

I also assumed Jin would have drowned anyway, though that's guessing.

He had a moment of humanity over rationality. If he were rationally thinking, he definitely would have left and handled the guilt for the benefit of his daughter. I am a sucker for tragic endings, honestly. Sayid and Sun were my two favorite characters. It's so cruel to put Jin and Sun through all that and have it go the way it did. I can't help but love the depression. Mmm. I didn't think of it as racism until brought to my attention. I guess I'm either ignorant or blind to such things. I'd prefer to be either. I live a happier life being a dumbass.

Can Giacchino not compose some more music for this show? He rehashed "Life and Death" again. Sun and Jin deserved their own little theme after all this time.

Jin staying with Sun is realistic...he has never met his daughter and has been apart from the women he loves more than anything for so long. As Kyle said he had a moment of "humanity over rationality."

I think they were speaking English because when they switched to Korean at the very end it made a bigger impact.

And according to the latest podcast Frank isn't dead. I don't think that is a gigantic spoiler
    Last edited by McLovin'; 05-07-2010 at 10:02 PM.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Well, in the podcast they didn't say Frank isn't dead, they said "you didn't see him die." Afaik, anyway - I don't listen to the podcasts, I read summaries of them. So, I dunno.

I'll be a little peeved if they bring him back randomly. I'm so sick of him - what. a. useless. character.

Articles

Frank has the best lines in the whole show. Nothing will ever beat "...we're not going to Guam, are we?" and "Weirdest damn funeral I've ever been to"

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I wouldn't say he was a crap character or anything and I wouldn't mind if he lived (in all honesty, it would be really nice if they didn't kill off every character who wasn't considered major...).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even if you try and make the argument that Jin hadn't met his daughter and therefore, he couldn't bring himself to leave Sun, it makes zero and I mean ZERO sense that Sun wouldn't have demanded he leave for their daughter's sake.

No Mother who has any sense of responsibility toward their child would disregard their child like that. She didn't even mention her daughter! wtf??

I'll say it again, the only reason that it either had to be all or nothing in the case of Jin & Sun is that there isn't enough time left to toss in a storyline about Jin or Sun losing one another again. How the smurf could they even begin to try and wrap that up? Either they both lived to have happy endings, or they both had to die.

And I loved Lapidus. I think he became a solid and well liked character that integrated into the group while being introduced late into the show. Most of the other characters who were introduced later on never really fit in and eventually died one after the other. I really thought he would make it to the end, and I enjoyed the slight protectiveness he had over Sun. The only "outsider" left is Miles, and I think he's a goner.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Even if you try and make the argument that Jin hadn't met his daughter and therefore, he couldn't bring himself to leave Sun, it makes zero and I mean ZERO sense that Sun wouldn't have demanded he leave for their daughter's sake.

No Mother who has any sense of responsibility toward their child would disregard their child like that. She didn't even mention her daughter! wtf??

I'll say it again, the only reason that it either had to be all or nothing in the case of Jin & Sun is that there isn't enough time left to toss in a storyline about Jin or Sun losing one another again. How the smurf could they even begin to try and wrap that up? Either they both lived to have happy endings, or they both had to die.
    This pretty much. Literally everything I would have said about it. Sun not telling Jin to save himself for their daughter was utter crap. I could see Jin being more concerned about Sun, and perhaps even forgetting that he had a daughter while caught up in trying to save Sun, but her not even saying a word about it was utterly stupid writing.