Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 31317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season 6

C'mon guys lets not hate on Sun and Jin...though i do agree with the humanity over rationality point of view...its easy to say what choices we would make if we were safe in our homes...who knows what our thinking would be like if we were put in a life or death situation...

Either way...im still pretty pissed they couldnt give atlease one happy ending to someone!!!

[Life is Eternity in a nutshell]

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Oh, Frank (SPOILER)isn't dead and will be seen on-island again, apparently.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Good.
    Figaro Castle

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

This is the best.

Some conflicting stuff going on...An interview with the guy who plays Frank says that he IS dead and then Jorge Garcia confirmed on his blog that Frank is dead. RIP

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by *ETERNAL FANTASY* View Post
    C'mon guys lets not hate on Sun and Jin...though i do agree with the humanity over rationality point of view...its easy to say what choices we would make if we were safe in our homes...who knows what our thinking would be like if we were put in a life or death situation...

Either way...im still pretty pissed they couldnt give atlease one happy ending to someone!!!
    No one is hating on Jin & Sun. We're hating on the writers.

really liked that episode.

"adam and eve" didn't prove they had everything planned from the beginning at all, though.

The stones; however, do imply they had an idea.

And what the smurf happened at the end geez.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Worst episode ever. Are 12 year olds writing this show now? Oh hey magic light makes you a smoke person har har yuk yuk.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That was the worst episode of Lost ever. I would rather have seen 10 Kate episodes than whatever this crap was.

Once we got to the magical light tunnel, we looked at each other and asked, "are we watching Lost or Legend of the Seeker?" It was so ridiculous and campy. None of it felt real, like it was some weird SNL skit or something.

And boy, were they dropping anvils like crazy. Man in Black baby goes in the DARK blanket! Jacob goes in the light blanket! Look, it's Adam & Eve! See, SEE! It all makes sense, look at how successfully we're tying it all together!

Good god. It was a mess. A complete bull mess.

I hate how they took the two guys who were supposed to have the answers and made them into whiny, confused boys with mommy issues. Those two guys started off mysterious and all knowing, and now this late in the game it's revealed that they don't know wtf they're doing and their actions have stemmed from either wanting to obey their crazy ass mother or disobey the crazy ass mother. The hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    really liked that episode.

"adam and eve" didn't prove they had everything planned from the beginning at all, though.
    Does anyone at this point really believe that they had any of this planned? No one can be that gullible. And I can't recall it myself, but other people are saying that Jack said in the episode with Adam & Eve that the bodies looked to have been there for 40-50 years. So there's another writing fail for you.

RIP Lost. I loved you once.
    Last edited by Miriel; 05-12-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Those two guys started off mysterious and all knowing, and now this late in the game it's revealed that they don't know wtf they're doing and their actions have stemmed from either wanting to obey their crazy ass mother or disobey the crazy ass mother. The hell?
    Well, that doesn't prove that Jacob and Smokie don't know what's going on, it just shows they didn't know what was going on then. But I hated that episode, because it explained nothing while pretending it explained a lot of things. Ok, so we know how they got to the island and we know why Smokie wants to kill Jacob (or at least have a good idea). But as for why they can't kill each other, all we get is an "I made it so you can't," and as for why Smokie is now Smoke we get a magical light did it. Now just because Locke saw that light in season 1 does not excuse it. We got no answers wrapped up in the trappings of actual answers. I feel like I'm watching the TV equivalent of FFXIII here because I'm not only being treated like an idiot but they're actively trying to pull the wool over my eyes so I don't notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Does anyone at this point really believe that they had any of this planned? No one can be that gullible. And I can't recall it myself, but other people are saying that Jack said in the episode with Adam & Eve that the bodies looked to have been there for 40-50 years. So there's another writing fail for you.

RIP Lost. I loved you once.
    They never had anything planned, and at this point I'm quite convinced that they've only kept going with new reveals and mysteries because the reveals of a lot of the older mysteries weren't nearly as interesting as the mysteries themselves (such as when they revealed who the others were, or who the Dharma initiative were). Really, we shouldn't be surprised that they're not living up to expectations when they do reveal things since so few have really lived up to expectations in the past.

So now we have a whole two episodes left. I have no idea how they're going to wrap it up even marginally adequately now. My bet is it's all going to feel rushed, not explain nearly enough, and probably leave us all disappointed.

I don't know, I like the vague reveals better than if they were to sit down and be all "okay this is specifically what this means and etc." but maybe that is because I gave up a long time ago on the show actually knowing what it was doing.

edit: oh and the whole "MIB and Jacob are just whiny kids with mommy issues" you had to see that coming from a mile away. EVERYONE on this show was a whiny kid with parent issues.

edit edit:
    (SPOILER)Cast
    Naveen Andrews as Sayid
    Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert
    Emilie de Ravin as Claire
    Michael Emerson as Ben
    Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus
    Matthew Fox as Jack
    Jorge Garcia as Hurley
    Josh Holloway as Sawyer
    Daniel Dae Kim as Jin
    Yunjin Kim as Sun
    Ken Leung as Miles
    Evangeline Lilly as Kate
    Terry O’Quinn as Locke
    Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana

Guest Cast
    Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia
    Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau
    Alan Dale as Charles Widmore
    Tania Raymonde as Alex
    Mark Pellegrino as Jacob
    Dylan Minnette as David
    Sheila Kelley as Zoe
    Kenton Duty as teenage boy
    Wendy Pearson as Nurse Kondracki
    Ashlee Kyker as student
    Ernesto Lopez as LAPD cop

< cast list for next week. oooooooooh yes.

edit edit edit: On Frank Lapidus (again) (SPOILER)he's dead.

ANOTHER EDIT: On Sun and Jin and why Sun didn't mention Ji Yeon (not even really a spoiler but I'm going to mark it anyway): (SPOILER)In last week's episode, why didn't Sun tell Jin to leave her so he could raise their daughter?
    Lindelof: That's a great question. And our only answer for it is that Sun only had about 30 seconds to process the fact that she was going to die. Sun and Jin never had a relationship together with that daughter. Sun had a relationship with her, but Jin did not — she was just a picture on a phone to him. In that moment, she did not tell Jin to leave her side. Partially, in that moment, maybe there was a part of her that wanted him to stay with her. Who knows? We're not really willing to say why characters don't say certain things in certain moments. All we can say is: She did not say that. We did not want that scene to be about their daughter, we wanted it to be about them reuniting.

Last edited by Moon Rabbits; 05-12-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    I don't know, I like the vague reveals better than if they were to sit down and be all "okay this is specifically what this means and etc." but maybe that is because I gave up a long time ago on the show actually knowing what it was doing.
    I think there's a big difference between vague reveals and explaining away things by saying that Jacobs mom did it. We really learned absolutely nothing about why Jacob is protecting the island, why it needs protecting, and how he has the powers he does and knows the things he does. All we got was a yellow light under the island without even a vague explanation of what it was. It's obviously what's responsible for the weird on that island, but other than that, not a thing. We better at least get some mention of what it is before the end because it's apparently what everything is about in the end.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm sure the yellow light will play a central role in the finale. I agree that we didn't really learn anything important in this episode.

*reads cast list spoiler* Oooh, some interesting returners next week.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah that last episode was pretty for me too. All it did was answer questions with more smurfing questions! Ok, great, now we know who Jacob and Smokey are, but who the smurf is the "mother" woman?! God damnit Lost.