Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The end is almost here! Any plans for the finale? Lost drinking game/bingo perhaps?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Haha they are both fantastic.

Kind of weird that it's ending. I don't think I'll watch any of it again - Lost is more fun when you don't know what the smurf!

23 Awesome Food Ideas For Your LOST Finale Party | Cracked.com

I love "Franks And Beanses: This mix of hot dogs and beans could easily have been really awesome. Unfortunately, it’s way too cheesy and corny and just when it’s starting to be a pretty good food, a door hits it in the smurfing face."

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

i dont care what anyone has had to say about this show ever (especially this season) this is MAD BALLIN OUT OF CONTROL.

ROSE
    AND
    BERNARD.

AND. VINCENT.

Sure, there were a lot of loose-ends but I was overall very happy with how the show ended.

Except for that deus ex machina with Kate, that was unnecessary.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Vincent and Lapidus holy mother of smurf yeah. And everyone! (apart from Eko and Michael and Walt. whoops, no black people allowed in heaven) Yeah, nothing was explained but who gives a smurf it was great.

still expectin' some OUTRAGE that there's no answers but man I don't care. I don't care!

although they probably shouldn't have ripped it off from Titanic

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Wow. I really loved that. The end was amazing. I just wow!

Really liked. THERE WERE JEARS.

What a bollox ending.

W..tf? Wtf? WTF?! W...T....F!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I totally cried. I was over the moon ecstatic to see not only Vincent during the middle of the episode, but at the very end too!! Loved it! And seeing the whole cast reassemble was amazing. Could they have pulled at our collective heartstrings any more than they just did?

But they answered nothing! Nothing! But it's like, you can't even be mad because of all the happy feelings they shoved into that last episode. Tricky bastards! This is what they planned all along! Blind you with amazing moments like Sawyer/Juliet reunion so that you don't notice that nothing was answered! Ahhh!

Once this lovely glow of happy nostalgia for the characters fades, I'm sure tomorrow I'll be a lot more angrier at the bullcrap lack of answers and how none of this made any god damn sense in the end.
    Last edited by Miriel; 05-24-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    Sure, there were a lot of loose-ends but I was overall very happy with how the show ended.
    Loose ends? I knew there would be loose ends, but they didn't answer the main thing. The one thing that from the beginning they told us they would answer. The main question of the entire series: <i>What is the island?</i>

It was a very good finale. Very emotional and touching, and it was cool to see all the characters back. I loved it, but they basically used that to distract us from the fact that they told us very little of what the island actually was. What is the light? Why did it turn all volcano when it was put out? I really wish they had given us this fundamental of answer.

Those bastards.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...Like what is the smoke monster...or why can Desmond travel through fricken time (or did he even AHHH). I accept the ending for what it is and I didn't have any expectations going in but I'm just not understanding what it all meant as a whole.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Boy am I glad I stopped watching this show seasons ago! I don't care how emotionally awesome it felt, there's no way I would tolerate it not answering questions. At least it sounds somewhat redeemed by being emotionally satisfying though.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Loose ends? I knew there would be loose ends, but they didn't answer the main thing. The one thing that from the beginning they told us they would answer. The main question of the entire series: <i>What is the island?</i>

It was a very good finale. Very emotional and touching, and it was cool to see all the characters back. I loved it, but they basically used that to distract us from the fact that they told us very little of what the island actually was. What is the light? Why did it turn all volcano when it was put out? I really wish they had given us this fundamental of answer.

Those bastards.
    I'm with you and Miriel. I was simultaneously enjoying all the happy feelings and pissed that they answered nothing (well, except what was up with the alternate timeline, but that hardly counts). I never even expected them to answer everything, but not giving an answer to the fundamental question that has pretty much been the driving mystery behind the entire show was low. Really low. It felt like they were pretty much saying they had no idea how to give a satisfactory answer (even if it was a cryptic one) so they didn't even bother and tried to cover up the pile of poo they left in the middle of your room with some air freshener.

I enjoyed the episode as a season finale or partial conclusion, but as a series finale it was very wanting. The writers and producers are dicks.