Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season 6

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I am hoping it ends with more of Sawyer beating the snot out of Jack.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

I am hoping it ends with more of Sawyer beating the snot out of Jack.
    Yes!

"Yeah, for once you don't know!"
    that was awesome. I didn't mind them raising Juliet from the dead for one more scene - it totally cheapened the end of last season's finale but I love SawyerxJuliet too much not to love another scene between them.

I hope that they make the alternate time line a little more interesting. I liked it and everything (the on-plane scenes really rocked story-telling-wise: Boone's "if this plane goes down I'm sticking with you" was just awesome) but it just didn't hold my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Juliet's last words aren't particularly cryptic to me - they obviously refer to the splintering of the show into two parallel timelines.
    I meant, in the perception of the characters, it made little sense.

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I kinda love Sawyer & Juliet together but their final scene was so cliche and cheesy I didn't know what to do with myself. I mean c'mon! If the "kiss me..." wasn't campy enough, they had to throw in the whole, "I need to tell you something super important but I'm going to wait until the last minute and die before I tell you" thing in there as well. It was such awful awful writing.

But I do like the idea that one day, in the alternate reality, Sawyer and Juliet might hook up for coffee. That would me me AWWW like crazy and would be a sweet way to close the story on those two.

I really hate that Locke isn't Locke anymore and now it seems Sayid isn't Sayid anymore either. It's weird because the characters that we've grown to know and love are essentially dead, and yet we haven't really been given an opportunity to mourn them because technically, they're still there on the screen. It's strange and I don't like it. I've NEVER liked it when it's happened on other shows like Alias or Fringe (both of which are actually Abrams shows as well).

I don't know how I feel about the alternate reality thing. I find it hard to believe that this is truly what they had in mind when they started this all those years ago.

Lost in the beginning: OH NO WHERE'S MY INHALER? OH HERE IT IS, YAY!
    Lost now: TIME TRAVELING IS KILLING US AND JOHN LOCK HAS BEEN POSSESSED BY A SMOKE MONSTER AND SAYID JUST ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THERE'S AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.
    Last edited by Miriel; 02-04-2010 at 01:42 AM.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why is he not Sawyer anymore?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I meant Sayid.

Locke = Smokey Monster Dude
    Sayid = Jacob

At least that's the theory.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aww that would suck. Who cares about those guys! They are probably giving us the alternate reality so they can smurf with the real characters all they want.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's funny we're sitting here talking about Lost via EoFF while in the same apartment.

The alt timeline will probably have some sort of significance that we aren't aware of just yet.

I think it would be interesting if Sayid came back as Jacob which would sort of answer what happened to Christian Shepherd. Cas that would mean Jacob can literally possess the dead while MiB can only assume their form.

When MiB referred to his home he could be referring to the alt timeline (rather should be called Another World like in Chrono Cross).

So apparantly John Lennon is alive on this island.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Lost in the beginning: OH NO WHERE'S MY INHALER? OH HERE IT IS, YAY!
    Lost now: TIME TRAVELING IS KILLING US AND JOHN LOCK HAS BEEN POSSESSED BY A SMOKE MONSTER AND SAYID JUST ROSE FROM THE DEAD AND THERE'S AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE.
    Yeah, this. Except, ever since the whole hatch business and the button to save the world I expected it to go this way. Season 1 had paranormal stuff like the smoke monster and the whispers and the ghosts - I've always sort of wished they stuck with fantasy / paranormal stuff and not gone into crazy time loops and sci-fi.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Locke's story is depressing as smurf and seeing that other guy walking around in his skin doesn't make it any less depressing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    Who cares about those guys!
    Seriously. "Oh hey we're on the last season of six, here's the ultimate showdown for control of reality between a couple of random dudes!" Great. Thanks for that. Fake Locke vs Fake Sayid? It'd be cooler if it were the real thing.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't know I kind of like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    This is pretty much my opinion. Indifference leaning towards kind of liking it!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Rabbits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    This is pretty much my opinion. Indifference leaning towards kind of liking it!
    Probably mostly because ive just spent so much time with the show. I probably can't and don't want to be objective whether its actually well written or not anymore, i'm just enjoying the ride. Total hours consumed is now going into Final Fantasy length.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Locke's story is depressing as smurf and seeing that other guy walking around in his skin doesn't make it any less depressing.
    I thought what smokey monster man said about Locke's final thoughts were so freakin' depressing. And the look Alternate Reality Locke had when we was being wheeled off the airplane. His whole story arc has been crazy sad.