Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 489101112131415161718192024 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST - Season 6

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Dead, hopefully.

Desmond + Charley + Faraday = <3
    We're finally going somewhere with
    this season. =]

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

How the smurf does Eloise know everything.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

She's smart and knows a lot about the island. She's also the only one who knew about the time travelers in the 70s (I think). She at least knows that her son somehow makes it to the island and comes back to the 70s where she shoots him. Since the island is gone and that can't happen now, she probably put two and two together. In fact if anyone in the flash sideways world knew what was going on, it would be her.

This was a great episode and it finally moved the flash sideways plot along. It also helped that some of the more interesting and likeable characters (Desmond, Charlie, Daniel) were featured. It was the first episode of the season where I wanted to see more right after it ended. Desmond's flash sideways storyline has turned out to be the only interesting and relevant one so it sucks that his turn is over already (hopefully he'll get a lot more screentime in the final episodes because he seems to be the key to everything). Really I wish it hadn't taken a bunch of crap filler episodes to get to this point but oh well I hope we're in end game now.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Does anyone else notice that Jack looks so old? Like there's grey in his hair and it's longer compared to island Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by R2-DEL2 View Post
    She's smart and knows a lot about the island. She's also the only one who knew about the time travelers in the 70s (I think). She at least knows that her son somehow makes it to the island and comes back to the 70s where she shoots him. Since the island is gone and that can't happen now, she probably put two and two together. In fact if anyone in the flash sideways world knew what was going on, it would be her.

This was a great episode and it finally moved the flash sideways plot along. It also helped that some of the more interesting and likeable characters (Desmond, Charlie, Daniel) were featured. It was the first episode of the season where I wanted to see more right after it ended. Desmond's flash sideways storyline has turned out to be the only interesting and relevant one so it sucks that his turn is over already (hopefully he'll get a lot more screentime in the final episodes because he seems to be the key to everything). Really I wish it hadn't taken a bunch of crap filler episodes to get to this point but oh well I hope we're in end game now.
    I think that Eloise might have Desmond's ability as well, but actually understands it unlike Desmond. That's how she always seems to know everything because she understands multiple timestreams. I dunno.

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Does anyone else notice that Jack looks so old? Like there's grey in his hair and it's longer compared to island Jack.
    He's still sexehhhhhhhh~

Good episode. I can't wait for Hurley's next week~~~~~~

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Really enjoyed that last episode.

It always makes me super happy to see Charlie. He was the reason I gave this show a chance in the beginning. A hobbit is going to be on network tv? Sure I'll watch!

Anyway, we didn't get much in terms of answers, but I still feel like this episode moved the story along a ton. We're getting closer to end game!

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Desmond is a really good character, and this episode had something very magical about it. I think the direction, the dialogue and the music all flowed together perfectly for some odd reason.

All this time I thought the flash sideways were only serving the purpose of showcasing the character's personalities which would help you to understand them better on the island, but it seems that it may actually be going somewhere.

Do you think Desmond knows he is supposed to go with Sayid?

And where does Daniel get the name Faraday (maybe already explained, but cant remember much from the older seasons)? Are him and Eloise NOT related to Whitmore in non-flash-sideways timeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    And where does Daniel get the name Faraday (maybe already explained, but cant remember much from the older seasons)? Are him and Eloise NOT related to Whitmore in non-flash-sideways timeline?
    Pseudonym, perhaps?

"It is a well-known fact that all heroes in all tales disliked vegetables as children.
    Their legend begins with their overcoming of this weakness, and then continues with a journey filled with hardships.
    That noble vegetable, the onion, lives on as a symbol of hardships overcome, and as the mark of a true hero.
    "

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LowCaloriePie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Croyles View Post
    Pseudonym, perhaps?
    AFAIK in the normal timeline, Daniel didn't know (or barely knew) Widmore and had a pretty strained relationship w/ Eloise. Unsurprising he took a different name. I don't think a real reason was ever given, though - probably just a plot device or w/e; it would be pretty obvious that Daniel was Widmore or Hawking's son if he came on the show as "Daniel Hawking" or "Daniel Widmore."

Quote Originally Posted by Croyles
    Do you think Desmond knows he is supposed to go with Sayid?
    Desmond probably wants to see the other Losties to tell them about what he saw thus he went with Sayid.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Eloise is probably named Faraday and she married someone else with the last name Hawking in the original timeline.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Wasn't her picture with that priest guy on his desk in one of Desmond's flashbacks?

God, this episode is my favourite so far (of this season), I've missed Desmond a lot, hope we see more of him now.

Charlie creeped me out a bit but, he's so naughty, all his shenanigins

Daniel is just too great, he learns a lifetime of physics just cos he see a pretty lady, and comes up with the idea of mixing Drive Shaft with his classical music. Cute little Rich boy living a happier life, hope he goes after Charlotte. I mean throwing a charity Gala at a girls work is one way to get attention
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.