Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls are weird

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My reaction: who cares? It's just like using a curling iron or putting on eyeliner. Another way of making yourself look fancy. I don't do it, but I don't see how it's weird at all. Now clipping your toe nails with your mouth. That ish is weird. I saw some dude doing that on the subway a few days ago.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

While I wholeheartedly agree that girls are indeed weird, I find it's for reasons other than personal grooming habits. I'm actually sort of awe-stricken that so many ladies are willing to go through such lengthy routines. I have enough trouble convincing myself to shave my face twice a week.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    While I wholeheartedly agree that girls are indeed weird, I find it's for reasons other than personal grooming habits. I'm actually sort of awe-stricken that so many ladies are willing to go through such lengthy routines. I have enough trouble convincing myself to shave my face twice a week.
    Tweezers.

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

We are weird. But atleast we look damn good when we're weird.

Yeah, girls are pretty weird. I don't try to understand women though and there strange ways, too much work.

If my girlfriend stopped wearing make-up, using a Ped Egg and curling her hair, I'd break up with her. Hell, she breaks a nail and we're done.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

ichigo

I feel ridiculous when I'm wearing makeup, so I'm into improving my skin without it. The stuff feels awful, and blush makes me itch like crazy (I feel like I'm dying if even a little touches my skin)!

I think that eyeshadow is really cute, though.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Word. More often I'm doing this to look good compared to other girls or overall just myself.

When I'm hanging out just with Huxley, I rarely even put make-up on, I just wear normal clothes, etc. When I'm alone or around girls, I dress up really nice. It's weird. Though I guess it's weird for guys to understand; the only time they get their mac on and dress really nice is for the ladies.
    If you were single that might mean more.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Not all the things they do, though, Rod. If a curled eyelash and a coloured nail is the difference between you getting a boner or not, then hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for the "we look good for the girls, not the guys" thing, I find this a little crazy. Basically what you're saying is "Yes, I'm a slave to fashion, if the fashion gods say something is 'in' then I have to have it or else girls will look at me funny." Really, are these the girls that you want to impress? You say you're competing - competing for what? The least bitchy comments behind your back by, well, bitches? Because really, bitches will bitch. It's what they do. That's why they're bitches, and that's why nobody should give half a crap what they think. If you do, you're only effectively letting them run your life.

If you do it to look respectable, good. I have no problem with obvious things - wearing nice clothes, washing your hair, a little makeup once in a while, whatever. But to colour your nails, curl your eyelashes, buy new clothes because "it's the fashion" or anything like that... that's where I get a little lost on where you're trying to get to. Of course, I generally just ignore the whole thing because, well, hey - maybe other people have different tastes to me. But for my thoughts on the pre-mentioned: Colouring your nails is ugly, curling your eyelashes is weird (but if it makes your eyes look good, I guess I can understand on some level, but still, there must be other ways, surely?) and the worst of the worst: Fashion. Fashion is an excuse for someone to sell you something that in all reality doesn't look that great. If it actually looked good, people would buy it without the need to mention 'fashion' and nobody would question why they were bought. But a lot of girls wear stupid things and look stupid for it, and then they bring up "but it's the fashion" and I just... urgh.

If guys did the same thing, girls would probably start to understand why we think it's stupid. But we aren't stupid enough to do that, so I guess they never will!
    This.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kentarou, I walk barefoot You don't have to scrape your callouses off, just the dead skin. Unless you loofah your feet. I don't usually xD

And I love having painted toenails. I've painted kishi's, too. Right now, they're kinda peeled off mostly, but they were purple with glitter. I don't paint my finger nails very much because it chips off too fast and tastes bad

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    If you weren't single, that might mean more

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    Word. More often I'm doing this to look good compared to other girls or overall just myself.

When I'm hanging out just with Huxley, I rarely even put make-up on, I just wear normal clothes, etc. When I'm alone or around girls, I dress up really nice. It's weird. Though I guess it's weird for guys to understand; the only time they get their mac on and dress really nice is for the ladies.

Not all the things they do, though, Rod. If a curled eyelash and a coloured nail is the difference between you getting a boner or not, then hey, whatever floats your boat.

As for the "we look good for the girls, not the guys" thing, I find this a little crazy. Basically what you're saying is "Yes, I'm a slave to fashion, if the fashion gods say something is 'in' then I have to have it or else girls will look at me funny." Really, are these the girls that you want to impress? You say you're competing - competing for what? The least bitchy comments behind your back by, well, bitches? Because really, bitches will bitch. It's what they do. That's why they're bitches, and that's why nobody should give half a crap what they think. If you do, you're only effectively letting them run your life.

If you do it to look respectable, good. I have no problem with obvious things - wearing nice clothes, washing your hair, a little makeup once in a while, whatever. But to colour your nails, curl your eyelashes, buy new clothes because "it's the fashion" or anything like that... that's where I get a little lost on where you're trying to get to. Of course, I generally just ignore the whole thing because, well, hey - maybe other people have different tastes to me. But for my thoughts on the pre-mentioned: Colouring your nails is ugly, curling your eyelashes is weird (but if it makes your eyes look good, I guess I can understand on some level, but still, there must be other ways, surely?) and the worst of the worst: Fashion. Fashion is an excuse for someone to sell you something that in all reality doesn't look that great. If it actually looked good, people would buy it without the need to mention 'fashion' and nobody would question why they were bought. But a lot of girls wear stupid things and look stupid for it, and then they bring up "but it's the fashion" and I just... urgh.

If guys did the same thing, girls would probably start to understand why we think it's stupid. But we aren't stupid enough to do that, so I guess they never will!
    This.
    Yep.

Although BoB missed out one fact. 3/4 of make-up makes girls look pretty ridiculous. I've never understood it.

Ok, yes, eye makeup can make a girl look nicer. But foundation & concealer!? I think I would rather see a spot on a girls face than look like she's had a painter and decorater smearing plaster and polycement on there. Most lipsticks are kinda retarded as well.
    And the belly button piercing baffles me.
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    My terribly uneducated guess for why girls do stuff like curl eyelashes and paint their kneecaps, or whatever it is they do these days, is quite simply that it's the norm and not fitting within certain norms makes you weird and gets you the occasional stink-eye, and few people are comfortable being that person.
    ya a bit of that.. If I get the stink eye for something I think is not true, I couldn't care less, but if I get the stink eye for something that is not "the norm" then it hurts because it feels like it's my fault.

My main complaint will always be that they do things that don't look good in the name of fashion alone. Like painting toenails. That one throw my mind so much. Why would someone want to draw attention to their toenails? To me, it just doesn't make sense. But again, maybe it's just me. Maybe other people think it makes you look good - please note I say "look good" rather than "look fashionable". But yeah. Dunno.
    Is fun to paint yourself.. My kids love to do it. When they were younger all 3 loved to cover themselves with paint, now the boy is more into sports and video games but still likes to do mustaches and other stuff with a burned cork I guess we girls can keep on using facepaint which never ceases to be fun for us
    Last edited by Renmiri; 01-27-2010 at 04:18 AM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

eye liner, mascara, eye shadow (cream), blush, concealer (if needed), and lip gloss. Tada~

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    If you weren't single, that might mean more

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anyway, if you don't approve of feminine grooming habits, go find a girl who inhabits a tree. Shaving is much more dangerous than sloughing your feet or curling your eyelashes!

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

The thread title is a massive understatement.

Anyway, I agree with Daniel. I understand shaving and some makeup and even maintaining ridiculous hair, that's fine. Go nuts. But I will never understand high heels, curling eyelashes, or spending exorbitant amounts of money on fashion.