Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Girls are weird

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Curling your eyelashes is only a marginal improvement on a girl's entire look, no one is saying that its some big whopping change, but it does make a small positive impact. And since it only takes a few seconds, I dunno why it's such a "OMG WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF?!" thing. Shaving is a much bigger pain in the ass than the few seconds it takes to bend some hair.
    There are plenty of people who would think it was gross if a girl didn't shave, people really wouldn't care if a girl didn't curl her lashes.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    HEI GUIEZE THANKS FOR TURNING MY THREAD INTO SRS BZN AND USING IT AS A PLATFORM FOR ACTUAL, NOT MOCK, SEXISM

I TOTALLY INTENDED IT THAT WAY

GEWD JERB
    Lulz.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I shave my arms sometimes! But that's because I like the feeling of smooth. My arm hairs are just that golden invisible sort of color, so they're not noticeable. I'm one of the few lucky Italian girls that don't have really dark hairy arms. XD

Though shaving is definitely mostly aesthetic, yes. Armpit shaving can be a bit more hygienic for the sole reason that having hairs in your armpits actually traps and worsens smells (or so I've read), so to shave your armpits helps reduce BO, but that aside... I personally enjoy feeling really smooth, but if pubic topiary is your thing, why not!

@ Monda - Do make sure you get a nice eyelash curler. You really wouldn't think it with something like an eyelash curler, but a few dollars makes the difference between a really awesome one (the one I used to have) and one that's crap (the one I have now. :x)

I'm not really sure what to add to this thread anymore besides small points. It's kind of a shame that the OP and most of the posts intentions were the fun-poking gentle kind of mocking of girls are weird like "girls are silly", for fun and all, and but a few posts have actually really gotten quite into the sinister "girls are stupid and don't know what's right for them" and that's why they're weird direction. I didn't know my eyelash curling would have such a bad effect!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm starting to think some of these men are just out to complain about females, whether it's related to our habitual grooming methods or not xD

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    There are plenty of people who would think it was gross if a girl didn't shave, people really wouldn't care if a girl didn't curl her lashes.
    You're missing the whole, it only takes a few seconds thing. I do about 4 seconds on each eye. Who cares if someone doesn't curl their eyelashes, but who cares if they do? It's a teeny tiny fraction of a girl's day. There are a crapton of more silly things that girls do than eyelash curling.

Heels for example. Heels are the work of the devil.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

There are a crapton of more silly things that girls do than eyelash curling.

!!!

Agreed! Heels should be outlawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post

!!!

I'll veto that law and make it mandatory for all women above 18 to wear heels! No flats allowed with few exceptions....

HOTROD
    "Lets go for a spin you and I"

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    HEI GUIEZE THANKS FOR TURNING MY THREAD INTO SRS BZN AND USING IT AS A PLATFORM FOR ACTUAL, NOT MOCK, SEXISM
    So what's the difference between a woman and a dishwasher?

*flees*

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Ok, now we're in agreement. I have never understood heels.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Wide-eyes are pretty universally attractive. Curling your eyelashes makes your eyes look wider. Duh.
    Yeah, really! Like, this one time I saw this girl I really liked, great body and personality, and I was about to ask her out... when I realized her eyes really could've been wider with eyelash curling. Oh well, maybe the next one.
    I don't know how many times this has happened to me.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rodarian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post

!!!

I'll veto that law and make it mandatory for all women above 18 to wear heels! No flats allowed with few exceptions....
    Have you ever worn heels though.

Actually i love heels because i LOVE BEING TALL MMMMMM

I never buy heels I can't walk in. Or if I do because they're just too gorgeous, I use insoles and grips and things and practise practise practise in them round the house. Chicken walking in heels removes any elegance or gravitas they would have otherwise lent you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrumpleberry View Post
    You guys think that we do this to look good for men ahahahaha that's adorable
    Not really. Women do it to needlessly compete with each other and then you wonder why most guys think women are sluts.
    I use face paint and mess around with my hair and put freakish looking rags on myself because I like the aesthetic OBVIOUSLY I SLEEP AROUND GOSH IT'S SO OBVIOUS NOW

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Make me a sammich

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You're missing the whole, it only takes a few seconds thing. I do about 4 seconds on each eye. Who cares if someone doesn't curl their eyelashes, but who cares if they do? It's a teeny tiny fraction of a girl's day. There are a crapton of more silly things that girls do than eyelash curling.

I completely understand, but chances are it'd be overlooked. If it's not going to be noticed regardless of time it's a fruitless endeavor.

Don't shave for a week but curl your lashes, then don't curl your lashes for a week but keep shaving. I'm sure someone would notice the former and not the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Ok, now we're in agreement. I have never understood heels.
    long legs + sexy lingerie = ohman

just sayin

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I did an informal poll today in the computer lab. Out of four girls, one regularly curled her eyelashes, two did on special occasions, and one had no idea (me).

one of them did say that curling lashes helps to get them out of the way, so if I'm ever going to be using a microscope again...
    (seriously, I always had trouble seeing things because my lashes would get in the way)

Fun fact: There are 11 girls out of 241 mechanical engineering undergrads.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I completely understand, but chances are it'd be overlooked. If it's not going to be noticed regardless of time it's a fruitless endeavor.

Don't shave for a week but curl your lashes, then don't curl your lashes for a week but keep shaving. I'm sure someone would notice the former and not the latter.
    No, it will be noticed. If a girl one day doesn't curl her eyelashes and the next day she does, you're going to notice that she looks just a little bit nicer, although you may not be able to pinpoint exactly why.

And lol @ you if you think girls don't regularly go a week without shaving. Especially in the winter.

Oh yeah, and heels make you look hot. No question. They just huuuurt. I've done a massive amount of research on comfortable heels, and the only ones that I can wear for any length of time are Sofft and Cole Haan with Nike Air. But both are really expensive. :o And the super cute shoes are never comfortable. Its like some sort of conspiracy.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Oh yeah, and heels make you look hot.
    Dear Lord, this could be the understatement of the century.